Ha, Ha. It's Back! The A2K NFL "Pick-Um" Game!

panzade

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2009 05:38 pm
We just got done with 12 inches of rain in 24 hours...quite a bit of flooding. But not a danger.
Bundle up johnny
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2009 11:39 pm
@ossobuco,
[quote="ossobuco"
she says, solipsistically.
[/quote]

That sent me to my dictionary.
Not a word heard in too many sports threads except this one...but perhaps appropriate in sports where there are folks with very large egos.
8" of snow so far as I prepare for bed. I brought home a couple of pounds of paper work to work on tomorrow in the likely event that nothing moves.
Good night to yall.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2009 11:45 pm
@realjohnboy,
Night, jboy..
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sat 19 Dec, 2009 02:27 am
@ossobuco,
High of 70 here tomorrow. No snow on the horizon. Very nice weather outside, but I'm stuck inside convalescing from ankle surgery, the result of my continuing urge to play soccer when I ought to be playing golf. My broken ankle healed, but evidently in the process I obliterated 3-4 ligaments that needed to be reconstructed yesterday. So, here I am in the family room with my ankle elevated in a huge soft cast. Looking forward to the basketball and football tomorrow and Sunday to help bide my sojourn on my couch.
maporsche

Reply Sat 19 Dec, 2009 06:33 am
@Ticomaya,
I too am recovering from a surgery. I had my hernia repaired yesterday. I have a weekend of PS3 and football, and nothing the wife can say about it. I will be finding some time during my busy weekend to see Avatar though.
jespah

Reply Sat 19 Dec, 2009 07:43 am
@maporsche,
Therapeutic snacks to all of our players on injured reserve.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sat 19 Dec, 2009 08:12 am
Good morning, all. We have 14" of snow in Cville and it is expected to continue until this evening. We are not equipped to deal with this. The area is paralyzed with 100's of motorists off the roads and in ditches. UVA hospital has asked for folks with 4 wheel drive vehicles to volunteer to ferry staff to work. My power is flickering off and on.
As a retailer, this is my nightmare come true. The Saturday before what was shaping up to be a good season given the economy.
Andy/Clubber was/is scheduled to be the featured band tonight as part of the fortnight long celebration of the renovation of the old Jefferson theater into a top notch performance space. I doubt it will happen.
George

Reply Sat 19 Dec, 2009 08:36 am
@realjohnboy,
Good luck, John-Boy. I hope that power stays on.
What you got is heading our way.
jespah

Reply Sat 19 Dec, 2009 08:38 am
@George,
Hope you've got a good stock of bread, milk and eggs -- the things that always run out up here whenever there's a Nor'Easter. We all hunker down and make French toast, it seems.
JPB

Reply Sat 19 Dec, 2009 08:43 am
WEEK #15 SCHEDULE:
Thursday, Dec 17:
Jacksonville - oh well, at least they made it interesting
Saturday, Dec 19:
New Orleans - this one makes me nervous
Sunday, Dec 20 (early):
Baltimore
New England
Arizona
Cleveland
Tennessee
Houston
NY Jets
San Francisco
Sunday, Dec 20 (late):
Denver
San Diego
Green Bay
Seattle
Sunday, Dec 20 (night):
Minnesota
Monday, Dec 21:
NYG (28-10)

Thinking of you, rjb. Bundle up!!!
0 Replies

George

Reply Sat 19 Dec, 2009 08:44 am
@jespah,
jespah wrote:

Hope you've got a good stock of bread, milk and eggs -- the things that
always run out up here whenever there's a Nor'Easter.
We all hunker down and make French toast, it seems.

So that's it!
I've always wondered.

I enjoy watching the weatherfolk get all frothy 'cause they get to be the big
story.

It will snow.
I will shovel.
Some doofus will roll an SUV over on Rt 128.
Wonder Bread will fly off the shelves.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 19 Dec, 2009 08:50 am
@realjohnboy,
realjohnboy wrote:

Good morning, all. We have 14" of snow in Cville and it is expected to continue until this evening. We are not equipped to deal with this. The area is paralyzed with 100's of motorists off the roads and in ditches. UVA hospital has asked for folks with 4 wheel drive vehicles to volunteer to ferry staff to work. My power is flickering off and on.
As a retailer, this is my nightmare come true. The Saturday before what was shaping up to be a good season given the economy.
Andy/Clubber was/is scheduled to be the featured band tonight as part of the fortnight long celebration of the renovation of the old Jefferson theater into a top notch performance space. I doubt it will happen.

I was thinking about you this morning when I saw the weather reports for VA. Sorry to hear that it's affecting you so hard during this already bad economic time.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sat 19 Dec, 2009 09:21 am
@jespah,
Damn. My recipe for French Toast calls for 4 teaspoons vanilla extract. I AM OUT OF VANILLA EXTRACT!
Other food: Yes
Beer: Yes
Cigs: Yes
Toilet paper: Yes
BUT NO VANILLA EXTRACT!
George

Reply Sat 19 Dec, 2009 09:56 am
@realjohnboy,
Be brave, lil buckaroo.
0 Replies

CowDoc

Reply Sat 19 Dec, 2009 10:14 am
@realjohnboy,
For a change, our weather is pretty mild out here. Forecast for most of the week is for highs in the mid-thirties, lows in the twenties, and at least a twenty percent chance of snow/rain every day, but with less than an inch accumulation. That's essentially the standard for high mountain desert winters. However, this morning the sun is shining and it's already twenty-four degrees, which makes for a beautiful mountain morning. Since we only have one grocery store, owned by a devout Mormon who insists that it closes on Sunday, we're used to being stocked up on necessities on a routine basis. I did notice Friday while I was baking cookies that my bottle of vanilla extract is getting low. Sorry, rjb, but I don't have a lot extra to share. I would suggest a Google search for "Mr. Burns's French Toast". It's the only French toast recipe I know with flour in the mix, and it's REALLY good. Give it a try if you can, and keep warm and safe!
0 Replies

Miz Cowdoc

Reply Sat 19 Dec, 2009 10:17 am
@realjohnboy,
New Orleans
Baltimore
New England
Arizona
KC
Tenn
St. Louis
Atlanta
Philly
Denver
San Diego
Pitt
Seattle
Minn
Giants 24 - 17
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Sat 19 Dec, 2009 11:14 am
New Orleans
Baltimore
New England
Arizona
Cleveland
Miami
Houston
Atlanta
Philadelphia
Denver
San Diego
Green Bay
Seattle
Minnesota
Monday, Dec 21:
NY Giants (24) Washington (14)
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sat 19 Dec, 2009 11:16 am
I am going to try to make it to my van parked 30 yards away to fetch some paperwork. If you don't hear from me in 10 minutes, call 911 and ask them to dispatch a St Bernard with some brandy (and, perhaps, some vanilla extract).
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 19 Dec, 2009 01:55 pm
@Ticomaya,
Eek, Tico. Glad you got the ligaments fixed. Well, enjoy the games..
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 19 Dec, 2009 01:56 pm
@maporsche,
And here's to your healing too, Maporsche.
0 Replies