Ha, Ha. It's Back! The A2K NFL "Pick-Um" Game!

CowDoc

Reply Sun 18 Oct, 2009 08:36 am
@realjohnboy,
I know I'm later than usual. Had to leave for the Oregon coast Tuesday afternoon, got back Friday at midnight, worked three hundred head yesterday and had company 'til midnight last night. The Miz is still in bed. Such is life, I know........

Cincinnati
Pittsburgh
Washington
Tampa Bay
New York Giants
Green Bay
Minnesota
Jacksonville
Philadelphia
Seattle
New England
New York Jets
Atlanta
San Diego 31-21
0 Replies

Miz Cowdoc

Reply Sun 18 Oct, 2009 10:10 am
@realjohnboy,
Cinn
Pitts
Washington
Carolina
Giants
Detroit
Minn
Jackson
Philly
Seattle
New England
Jets
Chicago
San Diego 21 - 17
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 18 Oct, 2009 10:33 am
Good Sunday to everyone!
Saturday morning I was out picking up trash in my shop's parking lot. The usual stuff but also an empty half-gallon plastic jug of what I assumed to be really cheap vodka. I happened to read this on the label: "We would love to hear from you. Call 1-800-......" One can only imagine the calls they must get.
Hail, hail the gang is all hear for Week #6 and we are in a very agreeable mood. We all think alike about the Steelers, Eagles and Patriots. Toss in the Jets where George and Rhyss said "Surely you jest!" They will never pick the Jets.
Mizs Cowdoc was alone in picking the Lions and only Maporsche's crystal ball showed a win for St Louis. Edgar and ElStud decided Houston will win.
The closest thing we came to a toss up is the Saints vs the Giants (we split 17-10). An 18-9 and two 19-8's followed.
Osso and Johnboy agreed with the majority on every game followed by a slew of 13-1's through 10-4's.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 18 Oct, 2009 11:26 am
@realjohnboy,
Thanks for that summary. I can see kansas city, houston, st. louis or san diego winning. Well, I'd better stop with that list, I could get discouraged.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 18 Oct, 2009 02:35 pm
The early games are all but over. The Saints will finish wiping up Eli and his Giants.
Congrats to Edgar and ElStud on the pick of Houston over Cincy.
Region and George have only one wrong pick so far. Well done!
The wheels seem to be coming off of Maporche's car. He has 5 out of 8 wrong.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 18 Oct, 2009 02:39 pm
@realjohnboy,
Gahhhh, Kansas won after all.
panzade

Reply Sun 18 Oct, 2009 02:47 pm
@ossobuco,
I officially give up on my Redskins. I believe Jason Campbell(qb) was pulled by coach Zorn and will probably be trade bait whilst sitting on the bench.
spendius

Reply Sun 18 Oct, 2009 02:50 pm
I watched the Giants/Saints game on Sky Sports. It was better than I thought it would be. But the breaks for ads are a bit much.

When is "time out" called. What's a 1st down?
panzade

Reply Sun 18 Oct, 2009 02:57 pm
@spendius,
no disrespect
http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/understanding-footballs-downs-yardage-and-stuff.html
JPB

Reply Sun 18 Oct, 2009 03:44 pm
GEAUX SAINTS!
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sun 18 Oct, 2009 03:52 pm
i know i gave this thread up, but this is kinda funny while i'm cooking creole...

last night i hadda shut a guy off from the bar.

he was all sloppy talking how the Saints were gonna whup on Eli and the g-men, and tried to pay for his to go burger three times after he accomplished it once.

mebbe shoulda listened to him before i submitted my bar pool entry...
JPB

Reply Sun 18 Oct, 2009 04:00 pm
@Rockhead,
You bet against the Saints? whassamatterforyou?
Rockhead

Reply Sun 18 Oct, 2009 04:03 pm
@JPB,
and the chefs...
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 18 Oct, 2009 04:13 pm
New England opened a can of whup ass.
0 Replies

ElStudHoncho

Reply Sun 18 Oct, 2009 04:19 pm
@panzade,
panzade wrote:

I officially give up on my Redskins. I believe Jason Campbell(qb) was pulled by coach Zorn and will probably be trade bait whilst sitting on the bench.

That figgers......my backup QB
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sun 18 Oct, 2009 04:20 pm
@panzade,
Thanks panzade.

Quote:
The down system in football keeps the game interesting. After all, if the offense kept running plays but never got anywhere, the sport would be really boring.

That kind of thing makes it look like manipulation. There's nothing like that in English football. Giving the opposition the ball back is the worst.
JPB

Reply Sun 18 Oct, 2009 04:56 pm
@Rockhead,
ya know?.... I was {} close to picking the chiefs today. Gotta pay closer attention to those inner voices, I guess.
Ticomaya

Reply Sun 18 Oct, 2009 05:32 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:
That kind of thing makes it look like manipulation. There's nothing like that in English football.

Yep. They're completely different sports.

Quote:
Giving the opposition the ball back is the worst.

You did pick up that giving the ball back to the other team is not usually the goal, right?
0 Replies

CowDoc

Reply Sun 18 Oct, 2009 06:17 pm
@JPB,
Ye Gods! This is awful. Nothing like moving from the penthouse to the outhouse in just one short week.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 18 Oct, 2009 06:19 pm
Wow. My big bad red highlighter has been active this afternoon. All of us got burnt by Philly's loss, all but Rhyss and George in the Jet's loss, and a bunch of us in the Seattle game. So it goes.
No one has a commanding lead (but George and Rhyss are positioned). Play on.