Ha, Ha. It's Back! The A2K NFL "Pick-Um" Game!

Miz Cowdoc

Reply Fri 1 Jan, 2010 12:33 pm
@realjohnboy,
Indy
New Orleans
Atlanta
San Fran
Minn
New England
Chicago
Jacksonville
Philly
Denver
Oakland
San Diego
Tenn
Arizona
Cinn 20 - 17
realjohnboy

Reply Fri 1 Jan, 2010 12:36 pm
@Miz Cowdoc,
Thanks, but you skipped the Pittsburgh @ Miami game, Miz C.
Miz Cowdoc

Reply Fri 1 Jan, 2010 12:59 pm
@realjohnboy,
I forgot to toss the coin for this one.....thanks

Pitt. . . . . . . . please
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Fri 1 Jan, 2010 01:05 pm
@realjohnboy,
realjohnboy wrote:

The schedule again for EhBeth, Liontamerx, Cowdoc and JPinMilw:

WEEK #17 - The Last Hurrah
Early Games:
Indianapolis @ Buffalo
New Orleans @ Carolina
Atlanta @ Tampa Bay
San Francisco @ St Louis
NY Giants @ Minnesota
Pittsburgh @ Miami
New England @ Houston
Chicago @ Detroit
Jacksonville @ Cleveland
Late Games:
Philadelphia @ Dallas
Kansas City @ Denver
Baltimore @ Oakland
Washington @ San Diego
Tennessee @ Seattle
Green Bay @ Arizona
Sunday Night:
Cincinnati @ NY Jets (+ final score)

ehBeth

Reply Fri 1 Jan, 2010 01:06 pm
@realjohnboy,
my picks are sitting over in the Terre Haute holding tank while I chew on chipotle caramels as well as my final two choices
CowDoc

Reply Fri 1 Jan, 2010 01:08 pm
@realjohnboy,
God, what a mess this week is liable to be! But, the whole year has already been pretty much of a disaster, so-----

Indianapolis
New Orleans
Atlanta
San Francisco
Minnesota
Pittsburgh
Houston
Chicago
Jacksonville
Dallas
Denver
Baltimore
San Diego
Tennessee
Arizona
New York Jets 24, Cincinnati 17
0 Replies

Miz Cowdoc

Reply Fri 1 Jan, 2010 01:09 pm
@ehBeth,
I am on my way over to help with the caramels!!!
ehBeth

Reply Fri 1 Jan, 2010 01:19 pm
@Miz Cowdoc,
Route 29 chocolate caramels "spiked with cinnamon, chipotle & cumin". Soooooo good if you can find them. Only available from sometime in September til Christmas.

I've been trying to learn how to make caramel, toffee and brittle. I'm not there yet. I'm comforting myself with a Route 29 caramel or two.
Miz Cowdoc

Reply Fri 1 Jan, 2010 01:32 pm
@ehBeth,
Wish we had them around here. It makes me hungry & I just had breakfast.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 1 Jan, 2010 01:45 pm
@edgarblythe,
I've been meaning to tell you this, Edgar. I do get your humour and I generally at least grin or sometimes chuckle. It's not hard to get, but I cheat a little 'cause I pay attention to off-the-beaten-path humor.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 1 Jan, 2010 02:03 pm
@Ragman,
Much of my misunderstood humor is the in person kind. My demeanor is much too solemn.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 1 Jan, 2010 02:24 pm
@ehBeth,
The trouble with making caramel, toffee and brittle E is that it is much easier to go to a toffee shop and ask for some in exchange for money you had made in an easier way than actually making those things yourself. And they are very good too. Okay-they are made on a production line but so was your car. And the plastic egg holders in your fridge. Of course I readily admit that they are not made in the traditional way and thus the touch of the loving feminine one sees in advertisements is absent but I can assure you that that can be imagined and thus easily forgotten as that perfected blend of ingredients hits the tastebuds and joy returns until the last sweet echo of sugar fades away. The experts who blend the ingredients live or die by their skills at providimg those delicious sensations.

I bet I could write a nice essay on the advantages of buying your caramel, toffee and brittle at a toffee shop instead of the home-made stuff. Weaving in some political bits and a few snidey jokes and ending up concluding that the post being referred to is just another way of infiltrating the caring hand of the boutiful woman into what is supposed to be a male bastion and where we can eat a bag of walnut brittle without noticing the taste or the ingredients during a tense game. And not have a sticky mess in our pockets and having to spit bits of paper out.

Not that I would ignore any essay which claimed the opposite view. I would consider the arguments as fairly and carefully as a school board would which was considering whether to delete "very old" and insert "not very old" in the science textbooks without reference to the fact that both inculcate looking back ideas into students who are supposed to be going forward. Who cares whether the earth is old or not very old. Crunch Sunday is almost upon us.

Jock straps and grunting.

0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Fri 1 Jan, 2010 04:31 pm
Okey dokey.

Indy
Jax
Bears
Niners
Steelers
Vikes
Tampy
Carolina
Houston
Philly
Denver
Balt
Cards
Chargers
Tenn

Jets 45 - 10
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 1 Jan, 2010 04:34 pm
I'm tempted to change to Houston (Brady likely to be pulled?), but, eh, will go with my list.
George

Reply Fri 1 Jan, 2010 04:39 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

I'm tempted to change to Houston (Brady likely to be pulled?), but, eh, will go
with my list.

Coach Belichick was happy to shed some light on this question.
"Whoever plays, plays," the coach said. "Whoever doesn't play, doesn't play."
Thanks, Coach.
Region Philbis

Reply Fri 1 Jan, 2010 05:00 pm
@George,

tommy boy sez he wants to stay sharp for the playoffs...
realjohnboy

Reply Fri 1 Jan, 2010 06:01 pm
@Region Philbis,
New England plays badly on the road.
Belichick is a jerk.
Brady sits.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 1 Jan, 2010 06:13 pm
Generally speaking, Houston plays at its best late in the season. Or so it seems to me.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 1 Jan, 2010 06:17 pm
@realjohnboy,
We would say that NE plays badly away from home.

What's with you Yanks with the on the road thing. It ended when you got to the Pacific coast. Years ago.

We could buy into the freedom of the road image but body scanning, looking through underwear and being ushered through the gates with protection officers is hardly freedom.
Ragman

Reply Fri 1 Jan, 2010 06:31 pm
@realjohnboy,
RJB: I'll bet you you'll eat your words about this game's results.

When Belichick smiles, an angel in heaven loses their wings.

However, that being said, belligerent Belichick is a jerk but a winning jerk. As long as he doesn't allow high tech spying ever again, I'm in his c orner. So what if he doesn't throw a bone to the press?!

How many thought Lombardi was a good guy? Bad choice - as he was an undiminished legend, Ummm, Parcells - what an arrogant prick! How about his winning % in SB and taking over and rebuilding a franchise?

If Brady sits (no doubt), they'll have the game in-hand. Would you risk losing your franchise QB in a meaningless game with the playoffs looming? They lost him after he had his knee destroyed and look where that got them!
0 Replies