Ha, Ha. It's Back! The A2K NFL "Pick-Um" Game!

ossobuco

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2009 07:28 pm
@realjohnboy,
Somehow I don't think that is all us. Maybe. The multiple is usually ten, re posts and views, or thereabouts.
realjohnboy

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2009 07:36 pm
@ossobuco,
I raised that point before, Osso, and was ridiculed as being paranoid.
27 players minus Rhyss & Clubber who are not on A2K and a few other players like JPinMilw, the Cowdocs who work for a living etc.
28,600 views divided by maybe 22 players divided by 17 weeks = 75 views a week by each of the rest of us.
Rockhead

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2009 07:39 pm
@realjohnboy,
I think it's Spendi, constantly checking to see what the other players are doing...
George

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2009 07:47 pm
Indianapolis
New Orleans
Atlanta
San Francisco
Minnesota
Pittsburgh
New England
Chicago
Cleveland
Dallas
Denver
Baltimore
San Diego
Tennessee
Arizona
Cincinnati
23-20
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2009 07:49 pm
@realjohnboy,
realjohnboy wrote:

I raised that point before, Osso, and was ridiculed as being paranoid.
27 players minus Rhyss & Clubber who are not on A2K and a few other players like JPinMilw, the Cowdocs who work for a living etc.
28,600 views divided by maybe 22 players divided by 17 weeks = 75 views a week by each of the rest of us.

It's the drama.
George

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2009 07:56 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

. . . It's the drama.

Jeez, I hope not.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2009 08:11 pm
Maybe it was the 'hazarai' reference..
Ragman

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2009 10:17 pm
@ossobuco,
well, then that'd be chazerai of a different color.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2009 10:19 pm
ok...<drum roll> -- I'm going to make my mediocre picks:

Ragman

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 12:52 am
@Ragman,
Week 17 Picks

IND @ BUF Buff
Jax @ Cleve Jax
Chi @ Det Detroit
SF @ StL SF 49ers
Pitts @ Miami Pitts
NYG @ Minn Minn
Amazingly, these 2 teams have nearly identical yardage stats, offense and defense; however, Giants are porous against the run and Adrian Peterson is wicked pissed at fumbling last week. Plus Giants running-back Jacobs is out injured.

Atl @ TB Atlanta
NO @ Car Carolina
NE @ Hous NE Pats
KC @ Den Denver
Phil @ Dal Dallas
Yeah, yeah, Romo & the Boys can't win the big ones...but fer crissakes they must win or get run out Texas on a rail! Iggles on a 6 game winning strea... hmmm?
Bal @ Oak Balt
GB @ AZ AZ
Was @ SD SD
Tenn @ Seattle Tenn

Jets @Cin J - E - T - S
Tie breaker 21-17

Run, Jets, run! Jones is your ticket to ride
Bengals tough against the run, however. So Jets Mgr Ryan will rein in Sanchez so he doesn't cough up their chances, but should get Sanchez to sprinkle short accurate passes which should set up the run.

Interesting tidbit: Bungles never have beaten the Jets at Giants Stadium, going 0-7, and its last road win against them came in '81 at Shea Stadium

Bengals might decide to rest its starters in second half (after winning Div. title). If they don't rest them and Bengals win, it'll be Jets swan song.
Ragman

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 12:59 am
@Ragman,
mercy - what a mistake. Pls chg this pick:
Chi @ Det Chicago
JPB

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 08:18 am
@realjohnboy,
WEEK #17 - The Last Hurrah
Early Games:
Indianapolis
New Orleans
Tampa Bay
San Francisco
Minnesota
Pittsburgh
New England
Chicago
Jacksonville
Late Games:
Dallas - unfortunately, I think Dallas has found a groove right when it counts the most.
Denver
Oakland
San Diego
Seattle
Green Bay
Sunday Night:
NY Jets (21-12)

Happy New Year, y'all!
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 08:22 am
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:
mercy - what a mistake. Pls chg this pick:
Chi @ Det Chicago

You switched because that's what spendi picked, didn't you?

Be honest.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 09:15 am
@Rockhead,
Quote:
I think it's Spendi, constantly checking to see what the other players are doing...

Actually Rocky I never even glanced at the picks of other players until last week when I took an interest in Mac's choices so that I knew which games to take a special interest in. In our telecasts they put the latest scores from the other matches on screen about every half hour but not for very long and as they use the team's geographical name rather than the chosen one as I do it can be a little confusing.

Those games were the Chargers/Titans, Raiders/Browns, Texans/ Dolphins and Broncos/Eagles. With the Chargers winning Mac drew level with me at the top and then changed two of his picks to coincide with mine which, as it happened, didn't make any difference as we had one each correct originally. When the Texans won Mac went one ahead. He probably had access to information denied to me to leave that one alone. But my choice was coming back strongly in the second half after a slow start.

Incidentally, I saw a discussion between four experts during one show and they all used the names I use throughout. I think Clevland should change their chosen name. The Clevland Steamers is better I feel. Brown is such a nondescript word and has rather tasteless associations.

I can now give the correct names to every team. Which just goes to show how much redundant brain capacity I have. Maybe curiosity represents the yearning of empty brain cells to be filled up. If so, the anti-IDers on the evolution threads have full up brains or not many cells.
0 Replies

ElStudHoncho

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 09:57 am
WEEK #17 - The Last Hurrah

Indianapolis
New Orleans
Atlanta
San Francisco
Minnesota
Pittsburgh
Houston
Chicago
Jacksonville
Dallas
Denver
Baltimore
San Diego
Tennessee
Arizona

Cincinnati 27 NY Jets 17

0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 12:28 pm
Rhyss' picks:
Indy
Carolina*
Atlanta
San Fran
Minn
Pitts
New England
Chicago
J'ville*
Dallas
Denver
Balt
San Diego
Tennessee
Green Bay*
Cincy (27-20)

*Rhyss leads his dad, George, by 3 games. They differ on 3 games in the final week.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 12:34 pm
Indianapolis
New Orleans
Atlanta
San Francisco
Minnesota
Pittsburgh
New England
Chicago
Jacksonville

Dallas
Denver
Baltimore
San Diego
Tennessee
Arizona

NY Jets-27 21
ossobuco

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 12:39 pm
@panzade,

INDY
CAROLINA
ATLANTA
SAN FRANCISCO
MINN
PITTSBURGH
NEW ENGLAND
CHICAGO
CLEVELAND
DALLAS
DENVER
BALT
SD
TENN
ARIZONA
JETS 28-17
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 12:43 pm
@spendius,
Why is there contentiousness and mean-spiritedness here? Is it just my perception? Ihis is the one place on A2K where I thought it was safe to play and relax. Somehow this has been getting a bit nasty or is this just the bad weather and aftermas of Xmas? Disd someone not get the toys from Santa they wished for?
Rockhead

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 01:06 pm
@Ragman,
Spendi's just funnin'.

Their brit humour is more arid than ours, and if I remember right, you are close to Canada, and them guys (canajuns) have no sense of humour, or humor...

(same thing has happened to Set, I think)