Ha, Ha. It's Back! The A2K NFL "Pick-Um" Game!

CowDoc

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2009 02:56 pm
@Ticomaya,
..and you're embarrassed for being tied with them? I'm losing to my WIFE, for cryin' out loud!
panzade

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2009 02:59 pm
@maporsche,
Quote:
I doubt I could pick football/soccer matches nearly as well as you have these football picks.

I've posted the same thing many many times. Kudos to spendi
realjohnboy

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2009 03:05 pm
@CowDoc,
amongst couples:
(7) Miz Cowdoc - (13) Cowdoc
(7) Fox - (15) ElStud
(16) Region - (24) Jespah

Wives: 2
Husbands: 1
Rockhead

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2009 03:11 pm
@realjohnboy,
Reege is gonna be makin' his own supper if he ain't careful... Wink
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2009 03:20 pm
@wandeljw,
Quote:
No one ever gets my jokes. It doesn't matter though. The only purpose of my jokes is to make myself laugh.

What you should do wande is mix more with people who have a similar sense of humour to your's. Then jokes that make you laugh will make them laugh and you'll be a popular bloke.

There's Northern England working men's club humour for example which many others do not find funny at all. Those clubs, which alas are dying under the grinding heel of modern feminism, understandably so I suppose in view of the general tone of the jokes, were places where men with a similar sense of humour gathered to have a drink on the way home from church in the direction of roast beef and Yorkshire pudding, with gravy of course, etc, ( a sentence like this can get out of control) served up by a smug and self-satisfied lady who has no qualms about losing control.

In fact wande it might be said to be your duty to look for people who would laugh at your jokes. Your jokes might be the only ones some people find funny

Tell us one and while we wait shaking with excitement for kick-off time on Crunch Sunday we will judge it for its LQ. (Laugh Quotient).
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2009 03:21 pm
@panzade,
panzade wrote:

Quote:
I doubt I could pick football/soccer matches nearly as well as you have these football picks.

I've posted the same thing many many times. Kudos to spendi

If you follow EPL even a little, it's not that difficult really. They have the same odds makers over there that do American Football.
panzade

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2009 03:26 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:
If you follow EPL even a little, it's not that difficult really. They have the same odds makers over there that do American Football.

True. However spendi(and you) has scored much much higher than the odds makers. I'm about even with them.

Calculating.

If spendi and you bet $100 a game you'd be nearly $1,000 up. Straight up odds, that is.
McGentrix

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2009 03:29 pm
@panzade,
panzade wrote:

Quote:

True. However spendi(and you) has scored much much higher than the odds makers. I'm about even with them.

Calculating.

If spendi and you bet $100 a game you'd be nearly $1,000 up. Straight up odds, that is.

I don't do nearly as well when you insert a point spread. Embarrassed
spendius

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2009 03:31 pm
@McGentrix,
But odds makers use the same evidence as everybody else. The same reason most players here often took the Saints or the Colts. The form. Picking out of a sock gets 0.500 after this number of games so the players above that figure were using the form as well.

Those at the top, you and I Mac, have used it best and thereby proved something.
Rockhead

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2009 03:34 pm
@spendius,
(raises hand to ask what it is has been proved here)

aside from the blarney aspect, of course...
panzade

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2009 04:17 pm
@Rockhead,
Quote:
(raises hand to ask what it is has been proved here)

Only that no force of nature can deter Mac and spendi from self-congratulatory pablum
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2009 04:24 pm
@Rockhead,
If I may wax in a poetical strain it proves that **** floats to the top and there forms a crust in the sun on which others can only look in wonder.

Millions of $$$$$$s are decided on very slight differences in sport. The Superbowl may be decided on one fumble.

The winner can even say he was coasting so as not to embarrass the others too much.

Those at the bottom have to make a virtue out of their salt of the earth status.

I imagine the football coaches tell, or shout, such sentiments into the earholes of the players and I thought that with this game being about football it is fitting and right and proper that it is played in the same spirit.

And all means at one's disposal are fair providing they are within the rules and any one is just as acceptable as any other. A pancake touchdown counts 7, usually, just as a 40 yard low whizzer one into the far corner does. I'll admit it doesn't look as good unless it is a Cardinals pancake which settles this league in my favour.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2009 04:33 pm
@McGentrix,
Tangent - I like your new (well I just noticed it) avatar, McG.

On the oddsmakers, I've never understood even the basics of that, or much past the basics. Maybe next year I'll ask for a tutorial. I'd ignore 'em anyway but wouldn't mind understanding. Hunches, though, those I can talk about.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2009 05:44 pm
@ossobuco,
Chazerai litterally means droppings of a pig (chaza is Hebrew for pig). It is used to indicate "stuff', but originally directly referring to unattractive food articles.

For example, the context I use when advising (against buying) a camera kit for a friend's camera purchase, I used to chazerai to describe the useless or cheap accessories in a camera kit. Cheap and undesirable and perhaps low quality.
spendius

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2009 05:54 pm
@Ragman,
What? ****!? Cheap and undesirable and perhaps low quality.

You are kidding aren't you?

Henry Miller said that if **** had value the poor wouldn't have arseholes.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2009 05:59 pm
@Ragman,
Thanks, Ragman, that fills in the background derivation for me. Next time I'll use the C in front when I use the word..
Ragman

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2009 06:28 pm
@ossobuco,
The glory of typing Yiddish or Hebrewisms in English (North American and UK), is that you needn't worry about spelling. Whatever sounds close is acceptable. Witness the multiple spellings of many common Hebrew-isms or Yidishism (Chanukah, Hanukkah) or whatever you hav. Meshuganeh, aren't we?

I'll still know what you mean whether or not you type it with a C or CH. However, FWIW, if you wanted to type it using Hebrew fonts, it's correct with a letter Chet as opposed to a letter Hay (H).
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2009 06:32 pm
@spendius,
That reminds me...what are the real truffles. Aren't they food for a pig?
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2009 07:20 pm
There have been 600 views of this thread since last night at this time.
But not many new posts of picks.
Go figure.
Rockhead

Reply Wed 30 Dec, 2009 07:22 pm
@realjohnboy,
you should charge admission.

or at least sell some goobers and popcorn...
0 Replies