Was Cleopatra Black?

BillRM

Wed 12 Oct, 2011 07:24 am
@ehBeth,
Whatever but once more I am no talking about some cultural differences............

Setanta

Wed 12 Oct, 2011 07:48 am
Bill's an idiot in more ways than not being able to distinguish between Macedonians and Greeks. We went down this road before, had exactly the same discussion, in this thread. Apparently, that's slipped his mind.
Thomas

Wed 12 Oct, 2011 07:58 am
@Setanta,
Macedonians? Oh, you mean Barbarians.
ehBeth

Wed 12 Oct, 2011 08:00 am
@BillRM,
you really don't get it
Setanta

Wed 12 Oct, 2011 08:00 am
@Thomas,
Riiiight. In the dispute about whether the ancient Macedonians spoke a different language there is the evidence of Attic plays which depicted the Macedonians speaking like country bumpkins, their speeches interspersed with unintelligible gabble.
JTT

Wed 12 Oct, 2011 08:05 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
In the dispute about whether the ancient Macedonians spoke a different language there is the evidence of Attic plays which depicted the Macedonians speaking like country bumpkins, their speeches interspersed with unintelligible gabble.

Riiiiiight. You really are one ignorant mother when it comes to a lot of things, "pathfinder". "speaking like country bumpkins" - could you really be any dumber?
0 Replies

BillRM

Wed 12 Oct, 2011 08:27 am
@ehBeth,
I surely do get it....................
0 Replies

Seaumas

Sun 15 Jan, 2012 11:00 pm
To sort of "scrub the hall", Cleopatra was most certainly of anthropological Caucasian heritage, though DNA suggests that all of us came from either of two sisters in Central Africa, probably sub-Saharan. We know that she was the product of at least sixteen generations of Macedonian ancestry, therefore the aforementioned anthropology. Egyptians were a mix of West Africans (Semetic, Ethiopic, SubSaharan Negroid (excluding Berber), probably some Greek and other mixes. The royalty were most certainly of some Caucasian heritage. the workers known as the Felaheen may have been actually bred: short and broad bodies of heavy musculature, large rib cage and heavily boned, able to withstand extremes of temperature, humidity, arduous labor, stamina and high intelligence. Cleopatra was not one of these. There is a Roman coin with her supposed likeness on the obverse. On that her nose is quite long, even crooked. Her hair is long and waved. She was, by our standards at least, not comely at all. Perhaps it was her superior intelligence, charm, force of personality, social adeptness and the very fact she was the Queen of Egypt, the very nest of the world. Unfortunate for her was the fact that she came from the fifth- and weakest- line of Egyptian rulers. alexandria was itself a huge conglomeration of racial typologies and sub-typologies, cultures, religions, social stratifications and industries that no one is his opr her right mind would have even dared to have called in "Egypt", much less ruled by it. To wit, she was a figurehead, an ambassador, hired diplomat and not much more. (The British Royal family serves these purposes and it is their sole industry. No one would dare tell them that they are fulfilling exactly the same mission as Cleopatra). Cleopatra was not more Egypto-African than citizens of the U.S. with ancestors are "Afro-American"; U.S. citizens, no matter their etiology, are not hyphenated, especially with their provenence taking nominal mastership of their actual native citizenship; I could call myself Anglo-American, but it would be perfectly ridiculous on the face of it. Useless. nonsensical, redundant, illogical and incorrect- and not even wrong. Since I have said what I set out to say I now deem this a "non-argument" and therefore a "non-issue". Let us all quit "Trying To Make It Real Compared To What" as Les McCann and Eddie Harris composed and recorded. We can stick the fork in. Its done.
BillRM

Mon 16 Jan, 2012 02:16 am
@Seaumas,
Quote:
To wit, she was a figurehead, an ambassador, hired diplomat and not much more. (

Where the hell do you get your history as it surely is not from any standard historical understanding of her role in the governing/ruling of Egypt!!!!!!
0 Replies

JoeBruno

Thu 23 Feb, 2012 09:54 pm
@iamsam82,
This question has come up before on other forums, so I finally decided to do some research on it.The ancient Egyptians were a multiracial society.
Look at the location of Egypt. It is partially in Africa and partially in the Middle East.The glittering success of the ancient Egyptians naturally brought it immigrants from Africa and Egypt actually had a Nubian(Black) king at one point.

It is very possible that Cleopatra was of mixed race with some Black in her. although the Egyptian records are not specific on this issue.

The ancient Egyptians actually did not discuss the issue of race at all.When they spoke of someone's origin, it was devoted to where his ancestors came from.
They described their citizens in geographic, not racial, terms.
Setanta

Fri 24 Feb, 2012 05:28 am
@JoeBruno,
Which of course, doesn't mean a goddamned thing given that she was not an Egyptian.
0 Replies

iamsam82

Thu 3 May, 2012 01:48 pm
@JoeBruno,
"Geographically" she was from Greece.
0 Replies

Thomas

Fri 4 May, 2012 01:14 am
Can we agree that Cleopatra was a Great African Ape? After all, that's what we all are.
Lustig Andrei

Fri 4 May, 2012 01:23 am
@Thomas,
I'll gladly agree to that, Thomas.
0 Replies

Gabriel1954

Tue 19 Jun, 2012 05:50 am
@iamsam82,
Cleopatra was from a Greek dynasty - She might have been mixed race, but certainly not black -
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Tue 19 Jun, 2012 05:59 am
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:

Can we agree that Cleopatra was a Great African Ape? After all, that's what we all are.

WRONG! WRONG! WRONG!
Cleopatra was a Mongolian chalicothere!
http://planet.uwc.ac.za/nisl/biodiversity/karen/images/pic020.jpg
http://planet.uwc.ac.za/nisl/biodiversity/karen/page_22.htm
0 Replies

BillRM

Tue 19 Jun, 2012 03:17 pm
@JoeBruno,
Sorry the Greek rulers of Egypt did not inbreed with the Egyptians as far as the royal blood line was concern and Cleopatra was the first of her line that even knew the language of Egypt.
0 Replies

TimeTravel

Sun 26 Aug, 2012 06:25 pm
@iamsam82,
Look you cracker jack, Tiger Wood can get a hole in one because he is Prime Example of a Black White Thailand Tiger who can easily place his balls in any hole on any 18 hole course. Those white guys playing golf on the moon missed every shot by the way. Maybe you do not read much or get out of the KKK Clubhouse, but our President is an Irishman from Kenya, and genetic engineers gene mapping cracker jacks like you have found that all whites previously were all of African origin. Furthermore, it is common for some black families to give birth to albino babies. One was featured in a National Geographic magazine. I have to tell you of it because I know you just do not read much. Cleopatra was African to begin with, and surely was not white, but perhaps a beautiful dark tan skin, like sweet brown sugar, or a Spanish Moor who enjoyed a seed upgrade via the Moor invasion of Spain. Inbred populations of any color eventually become infertile, like France; Germany; Austria; as they must now pay immigrants from Turkey to bear children to stabilize the economy and availability of workers. I really do not care if she was black or yellow or green, but I assure you that in Poland, the Dumb-Cow-Ski clan needs some sexy black women.
iamsam82

Mon 27 Aug, 2012 06:09 am
@TimeTravel ,
BRILLIANT. Laughing

Can't tell if this is serious or the subtlest comedian of all time.
Lustig Andrei

Mon 27 Aug, 2012 02:48 pm
@iamsam82,
I strongly suspect that Time Travel is cognitively somewhat challenged.
0 Replies