Was Cleopatra Black?

CalamityJane

Sat 8 Aug, 2009 08:18 am
@marsz,
marsz wrote:

The white world has always tried to rob and discredit us of our history . . . Every student of history, of impartial mind, knows that the Negro once ruled the world, when white men were savages and barbarians living in caves; that thousands of Negro professors at that time taught in the universities of Alexandria, then the seat of learning; that ancient Egypt gave the world civilization and that Greece and Rome have robbed Egypt of her arts and letters, and taken all the credit upon themselves. Who and What is a Negro " Marcus Garvey (1923)

http://paxety.com/2008/04/17/obama%E2%80%99s-roots-afrocentrism/

paxety.com is a private propaganda site, marsz. I don't know where you
went to school, but it would do you good to return to your history classes.
0 Replies

marsz

Sun 9 Aug, 2009 04:25 pm
Marcus Garvey's Back to Africa Movement
charismatic black leader who organized the first important American black nationalist movement (1919"26), based in New York City's Harlem.

Largely self-taught, Garvey attended school in Jamaica until he was 14. After traveling in Central America and living in London from 1912 to 1914, he returned to Jamaica, where, with a group of friends, he founded (Aug. 1, 1914) the Universal Negro Improvement and Conservation Association and African Communities League, usually called the Universal Negro Improvement Association (UNIA), which sought, among other things, to build in Africa a black-governed nation.

Failing to attract a following in Jamaica, Garvey went to the United States (1916) and soon established branches of the UNIA in Harlem and the other principal ghettos of the North. By 1919 the rising “Black Moses” claimed a following of about 2,000,000, though the exact number of association members was never clear. From the platform of the Association's Liberty Hall in Harlem, he spoke of a “new Negro,” proud of being black. His newspaper, Negro World, told of the exploits of heroes of the race and of the splendours of African culture. He taught that blacks would be respected only when they were economically strong, and he preached an independent black economy within the framework of white capitalism. To forward these ends, he established the Negro Factories Corporation and the Black Star Line (1919), as well as a chain of restaurants and grocery stores, laundries, a hotel, and a printing press.

He reached the height of his power in 1920, when he presided at an international convention in Liberty Hall, with delegates present from 25 countries. The affair was climaxed by a parade of 50,000 through the streets of Harlem, led by Garvey in flamboyant array.
iamsam82

Tue 1 Sep, 2009 02:50 am
@marsz,
Quote:
Largely self-taught

Those three words form the basis of any response a rational human being would make to Garvey's irrational and out of date mix of bare-faced lies and wishful-thinking.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Tue 2 Mar, 2010 10:18 pm
For what it's worth, it was an Egyptian artistic convention to portray men as dark skinned and women as yellow-skinned.
BillRM

Wed 3 Mar, 2010 05:03 am
@plainoldme,
The lady was of Greek blood with no mixing of local blood in her whole inbreed line!

She in fact was the first and the last of her line who could even speak the local language.
0 Replies

chaz wyman

Thu 17 Feb, 2011 11:15 am

The thing about Cleopatra was that she was in the family Ptoleny. She was a direct descendant of General Ptolemy, who was one of ALexanders army at the time of his death.
She was the first of her family to learn how to speak Egyptian!
The life sculpture of her looks very European and it seems there was very little to suggest that she was 'black' in any way.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Kleopatra-VII.-Altes-Museum-Berlin1.jpg

I don't know why American Black history has adopted her as some kind of hero. They are just showing their ignorance and stupidity , when there were so many other black people for them to idolise - if that's what they want?
But why should they feel the need to have some sort of ancient role model when they have people like MLK and Mandela?
All those people of ancient times were a bunch of slave owning hoodlums.

0 Replies

sovereigntamerri

Wed 12 Oct, 2011 02:03 am
@eoe,
Egypt, an AFRICAN NATION, is now an Arab occupied territory. The REAL ANCIENT EGYPTIANS, (NONE AS TAMERRI), were and still are black by way of PUT and CUSH......AKA.....NUBIA (SUDAN), SOMALIA, AND ETHIOPIA. THE ANCIENT FEUDING TERRITORIES. When ever a dynasty, i.e. PUT and CUSH, has exhausted all possibilities of a ruling predecessor, the upper and lower kingdoms feud often contesting which region of BLACK RULERS would run the GOVERNMENT. Mind you, no WHITE, ARAB, BABYLONIAN, or any other wanna be African was ever part of this AFRICAN, KIMET, nation. Not until it was invaded by the Meads and Persians. Greeks weren't considered invaders since they were welcomed into THIS AFRICAN NATION TO LEARN (The Mystery System) AKA (education system) MATH, SCIENCE, MEDICINE, ASTRONOMY, ARCHITECTURE, and the list goes on. Every ancient civilization up to today's modern civilization has RESENTED the fact that these BLACK people have made countless fundamental contributions to the FREAK'n WORLD and refuse to give any credit to BLACK people. Are all of you, still today, so hopelessly jealous of AFRICANS and AFRICAN AMERICANS that you've binged on an age old campaign to exterminate us off the face of the globe. We should know by now, we aren't going anywhere. The truth about the history of black people, AFRICANS, is being accurately graphed back into the history books and there is nothing any conspiring WHITE or ARAB professor, politician, or greedy conglomerate can do to stop it. My views on the chain of events erupting in Tamerri (Egypt, AFRICA) is get the damn ARABS out of there and LIBYA. THEY ARE NOT AFRICANS in which the countries rest. THEY ARE NOTHING BUT DESCENDENTS OF GENOCIDAL MANIACS and BIGOTED ARAB INVADERS. To think that so called historians and world leaders could suppress such knowledge for so long from it's people and make it stick. Enough of the history lesson. Cleopatra was merely a product of Alexander "the boy lover" GEEK's desire to mix races and create his version of "THE NEW BLACK." ALL OF THE CLEOPATRA's WERE DEFINITELY MIXED CHICKs OF AFRICAN AND GREEK, PERSIAN, etc. etc. In essence, they were all EFFed UP! So you know the saying folks, any one of you having any amount of black blood in you makes you black. Blacks are the only race consisting of various shades of black, brown, tans, down to the light skin Creole's today in America's southern region. And all of you white chicks wearing Nefertiti necklaces, tattoos, etc., she was truly a BLACK woman from out of Nubia and not the white fake artifacts displayed in museums around the world. Every real pharaoh, queen, and it's people were and still are black/black/black!!!!!! PEACE, YOU WANNA BE "THE NEW BLACK" folks. The world will always move to the beat of our drums.....like or not.
0 Replies

sovereigntamerri

Wed 12 Oct, 2011 02:08 am
@Francis,
Mirhan Hussein IS NOTHING MORE THAN A DESCENDANT OF ARAB INVADERS............SHE IS NOT AN AFRICAN, THEREFORE, SHE IS NOT AN EGYPTIAN.
0 Replies

sovereigntamerri

Wed 12 Oct, 2011 02:10 am
@iamsam82,
THIS IS TRULY AN ACCURATE EXAMPLE OF EGYPTIANS
0 Replies

sovereigntamerri

Wed 12 Oct, 2011 02:18 am
@Francis,
OH PLEASE PEOPLE........SUCK IT UP!!!! THIS BLACK WOMAN IS MORE OF AN ACCURATE EXAMPLE OF THE EGYPTIANS THAN ANYONE PORTRAYED IN HOLLYWOOD.... OR ANY WHERE ELSE IN WHITE MAINSTREAM.... YOU ARE STILL TO THIS DAY AND AGE EXPRESSING YOUR RESENTMENT AND ENVY SINCE YOUR EUROPEAN AND ARAB FOREFATHERS........ THIS IS GETTING TIRED PEOPLE. START GIVING CREDIT WHERE IT'S DUE. GIVE IT UP TO BLACKS AROUND THE GLOBE. YOU'VE ALWAYS WANTED TO LOOK AND ACT LIKE THEM, REMEMBER.
0 Replies

sovereigntamerri

Wed 12 Oct, 2011 02:20 am
@Sglass,
DOROTHY DANDRIDGE SHOULD HAVE PLAYED CLEOPATRA...... HOLLYWOOD WAS SO RACIST!!!
0 Replies

Setanta

Wed 12 Oct, 2011 02:27 am
Personally, i have never had the least desire to look and act like a black person. You're livin' in fantasy land. Cleopatra was a descendant of Macedonians and Greeks, with a single Syrian ancestor--deal with it.

Are you shouting because you really have no argument and you think shouting will trample down those who disagree?
Setanta

Wed 12 Oct, 2011 02:53 am
There's a piquant irony in that we have Pamela Rosa with her undisguised racism, and her "White victims of black crime" thread, but the ranters show up in an obscure and essentially meaningless thread like this to shout and insult others. Go figure.
0 Replies

BillRM

Wed 12 Oct, 2011 03:39 am
@Setanta,
What non-Greek ancestor are you claiming she had in her blood line for as far as I know she was 100 percent Greek.

Hell she was the first and the last of her blood line to be able to speak Egyptian!

A ruling class who took a few hundreds years to be able to talk directly to their people!

Setanta

Wed 12 Oct, 2011 04:09 am
@BillRM,
God you're an idiot. She was descended from Ptolemy Soter, the founder of the dynasty--and he was Macedonian. I know that to someone as dull-witted as you, that means Greek, but that's like saying all the Portugese are Spaniards. One of his wives, Berenice, was Greco-Macedonian. His successor, Ptolemy Philadelphios, was the son of Berenice, and he married a Macedonian woman, Arsinoe, by whom he sired his successor, Ptolemy III. He married a woman--Berenice II--whose father was Greco-Macedonian, and whose mother was Greco-Syrian. Their son, Ptolemy IV, married his sister, Arsinoe III. Their son, Ptolemy V, married Cleopatra, the Greco-Macedonian daughter of the Seleucid King. Their son Ptolemy VI married his sister.

None of this is rocket science, and although i have researched this before, i found all of the relevant information by following a series of Wikipedia articles. It took four minutes.

Ptolemy Soter married an Egyptian woman and the spoke the language, as did almost all of his descendants--although, of course, his dynastic line was not descended from that woman. Where do you get your information, Classic Comics?
Builder

Wed 12 Oct, 2011 04:26 am
@Setanta,
Without doing any kind of search, I remember reading several times that Cleo was Macedonian, and also rather hirsuite, even by the standards back then, which apparently was a big part of her sexual appeal to men.
0 Replies

BillRM

Wed 12 Oct, 2011 04:44 am
@Setanta,
Lord so your post was without a point as Macedonian is indeed Greek as far as group DNA is concern!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cleopatra blood line had no repeat no known person others then Greek/Macedonian in it and who her ancestor married or had sex with is completely beside the point if it was not placed in her blood line.

You are an idiot of the first order yourself.

And sorry the history books I had read gave Cleopatra credit with being the first in her direct repeat direct repeat direct blood line that spoke the local language.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleopatra_VII

The Ptolemies, throughout their dynasty, spoke Greek[8] and refused to speak Egyptian, which is the reason that Greek as well as Egyptian languages were used on official court documents such as the Rosetta Stone.[9] By contrast, Cleopatra did learn to speak Egyptian and represented herself as the reincarnation of an Egyptian goddess, Isis.
Setanta

Wed 12 Oct, 2011 04:55 am
@BillRM,
No, you're the ******* idiot for claiming that Macedonian and Greek are the same--which is exactly the idiocy i suspected you'd peddle. All humans are the same based on DNA--if you want to make that idiot claim, you're going to have to display a far more detailed and unassailably authoritative knowledge of genetics than you do of history.

Like i give a rat's ass what you read--which, by the way, i have no confidence you can understand.

From the Wikipedia article on Ptolemy III:

Quote:
Euergetes ("Benefactor") was the eldest son of Ptolemy II Philadelphus and his first wife, Arsinoe I, and came to power in 246 BC upon the death of his father. He married Berenice of Cyrene in the year corresponding to 244/243 BC; and their children were:

* Arsinoe III, born in ca 246/245 BC. She later married her brother Ptolemy IV
* Ptolemy IV Philopator, born ca 244 BC
* Possibly Lysimachus. The name of the son is not known, but he is said to have been born in ca 243 BC.
* Alexander, born in c. 242 BC
* Magas, probably born in ca 241 BC. Scalded to death in his bath by Theogos or Theodotus, at the orders of Ptolemy IV.
* Berenice, probably born in ca 239 BC and died a year later.

Therefore, the descendants of Ptomley III were descendants of Berenice of Cyrene.

From the Wikipedia article on Berenice of Cyrene:

Quote:
Berenice II (267 or 266 BC – 221 BC) was the daughter of Magas of Cyrene and Queen Apama II, and the wife of Ptolemy III Euergetes, the third ruler of the Ptolemaic dynasty of Egypt.

From the Wikipedia article on Apama II:

Quote:
Apama II, sometimes known as Apame II [2] (Ancient Greek: Ἀπάμα, about c. 292 BC-sometime after 249 BC) was a Syrian Greek Princess of the Seleucid Empire and through marriage was a Queen of Cyrenaica.

Apama II was of Greek Macedonian and Persian descent. She was one of the daughters and among the children born to the second Seleucid King Antiochus I Soter and Seleucid Queen Stratonice of Syria. Among her siblings were Stratonice of Macedon and the Seleucid King Antiochus II Theos. Her paternal grandparents was the first Seleucid King Seleucus I Nicator and his wife Queen Apama I while her maternal grandparents was the King from the Antigonid dynasty Demetrius I of Macedon and his wife Queen Phila. Apama was the name sake of her paternal grandmother and paternal aunt of the same name. Apama was born and raised in the Seleucid Empire.

Now, i have long thought that Apama was Greco-Syrian. This article shows her as being of Greco-Macedonian and Persian descent. Either way, it shoots your "Cleopatra blood line had no repeat no known person others then Greek/Macedonian in it . . . " right in the ass.

I've produced sources for my claims. You can put up or shut up.
0 Replies

Setanta

Wed 12 Oct, 2011 05:02 am
By the way, Bill, you're a weasel. First you try to claim that she had no non-Greek ancestors. When i point out that her ancestors were largely Macedonian, you try to claim that Greek and Macedonian are the same thing--but you insidiously alter your statement to say that she had no "Greek/Macedonian" blood, because you had already gotten slapped down on that, and want to hedge your bets.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Wed 12 Oct, 2011 07:19 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
as Macedonian is indeed Greek

hehehehehe

sounds like you haven't spent much time in Macedonian or Greek communities

the quoted bit above would lead to getting your restaurant blown up here