Was Cleopatra Black?

ABE5177

Tue 4 Aug, 2009 12:24 pm
@BillRM,
Scary stuff They admit that blacks lie on purpose, it's their culture or something

Quote:
n black vernacular, Signifying is a sign that words cannot be trusted, that even the most literal utterance allows room for interpretation, that language is both carnival and minefield.

It is not difficult to understand why Africans forcibly transported across an ocean would be suspicious of a language that gave them the status of chattel slaves and defined them as less than human. Mastery of that language entailed internalization of the master's values, paying lip service, at the very least, to the notion of white superiority. Slaves learned to resist this literal process of self-destruction by saying little, saying no, saying to themselves and each other a different version of the new tongue
ABE5177

Tue 4 Aug, 2009 12:33 pm
@BillRM,
all her 8 great grandparents are known by name all were macedonian greek, swame as her grandparents and parents

so the lil princess gets born black?, where do pople come up with that ****?
CalamityJane

Tue 4 Aug, 2009 02:49 pm
@ABE5177,
ABE5177 wrote:

all her 8 great grandparents are known by name all were macedonian greek, swame as her grandparents and parents

so the lil princess gets born black?, where do pople come up with that ****?

Spike Lee said in a TV interview that Cleopatra was black and sure enough,
people started believing it.
Linkat

Tue 4 Aug, 2009 02:50 pm
@CalamityJane,
I don't know about you, but whateve Spike Lee says, I believe!
CalamityJane

Tue 4 Aug, 2009 02:54 pm
@Linkat,
Yeah, totally, Linkat!

0 Replies

JTT

Tue 4 Aug, 2009 06:24 pm
@ABE5177,
Quote:
Scary stuff They admit that blacks lie on purpose, it's their culture or something

I think you've mistaken them for Republicans/conservatives.
BillRM

Tue 4 Aug, 2009 08:02 pm
@JTT,
Lying and spinning truth is a human thing not a black/white or even a conservatives thing.

I love for example the lying for Jesus group that you run into here.
JTT

Wed 5 Aug, 2009 12:18 am
@BillRM,
Was a bit of tongue in cheek, humor, ..., Bill.
oolongteasup

Wed 5 Aug, 2009 02:50 am
@JTT,
Black, if you will.
0 Replies

ABE5177

Wed 5 Aug, 2009 08:52 am
@JTT,
I was quoting the famous preofessor Gates

Quote:
Mastery of that language entailed internalization of the master's values, paying lip service, at the very least, to the notion of white superiority

what gives, JTT,you another affirmative actiopn baby like sotom ayor? remedial english grammar and vocabulary needed?

Quote:
professor gates is a banana-eating jungle monkey

that's yoruba, fyi
JTT

Wed 5 Aug, 2009 09:21 am
@ABE5177,
Quote:
remedial english grammar and vocabulary needed?

If you feel you need it, by all means, go ahead. It couldn't hurt.

ABE5177

Fri 7 Aug, 2009 12:47 pm
@JTT,
you the seame creepola didn't know how our first amendment or affirmative action works, now you wanna syupport yor blood sister sotomayor, be my guest. US taxpayers ailn't payin for your remedial english and gr4ammar classes like yunive4rsities paid for sotomayor the affirmative action bvaby, how's with you try to pass a test? yo mamma didn't, sotomayor didnt, maybe you could give it a chance, riiiiiiight?
Walter Hinteler

Fri 7 Aug, 2009 01:06 pm
@ABE5177,
wel, JTT, dat rely shd B f%d 4 thawt.
0 Replies

contrex

Fri 7 Aug, 2009 01:07 pm
@ABE5177,
is ABE5177's post intended to be ironic, or does he (or she) intend it to be taken seriously? I can scarcely believe the latter, because if it is so, he (or she) is one hell of a dumb ****.
0 Replies

maporsche

Fri 7 Aug, 2009 05:55 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

I suspect that the question stems from some blacks and multiculturalists need to justify the black race....as in "see, black people have been notable in history".

I find this to be an interesting angle.
JTT

Fri 7 Aug, 2009 06:36 pm
@maporsche,
Quote:
I find this to be an interesting angle.

Geeze, whodave thunk that was possible?
0 Replies

marsz

Sat 8 Aug, 2009 01:45 am
The white world has always tried to rob and discredit us of our history . . . Every student of history, of impartial mind, knows that the Negro once ruled the world, when white men were savages and barbarians living in caves; that thousands of Negro professors at that time taught in the universities of Alexandria, then the seat of learning; that ancient Egypt gave the world civilization and that Greece and Rome have robbed Egypt of her arts and letters, and taken all the credit upon themselves. Who and What is a Negro " Marcus Garvey (1923)

http://paxety.com/2008/04/17/obama%E2%80%99s-roots-afrocentrism/
BillRM

Sat 8 Aug, 2009 02:00 am
@marsz,
Ok who would wish to lay bets on if this person is for real or not?

From just the post I would tend to think this is a troll by a middle age white guy.
0 Replies

BillRM

Sat 8 Aug, 2009 02:06 am
@marsz,
Ok from looking at his posting history he is a trolling evil white guy.

The kind of person who drive others to the tanning booth so we had less in common with him.
0 Replies

marsz

Sat 8 Aug, 2009 02:28 am
Marcus Mosiah Garvey, Jr., National Hero of Jamaica (17 August 1887 " 10 June 1940[1]), was a publisher, journalist, entrepreneur, Black Nationalist, Pan-Africanist, and orator. Marcus Garvey was founder of the Universal Negro Improvement Association and African Communities League (UNIA-ACL).[2]

Prior to the twentieth century, leaders such as Prince Hall, Martin Delany, Edward Wilmot Blyden, and Henry Highland Garnet advocated the involvement of the African diaspora in African affairs. Garvey was unique in advancing a Pan-African philosophy to inspire a global mass movement focusing on Africa known as Garveyism.[2] Promoted by the UNIA as a movement of African Redemption, Garveyism would eventually inspire others, ranging from the Nation of Islam, to the Rastafari movement (which proclaims Garvey as a prophet). The intention of the movement was for those of African ancestry to "redeem" Africa and for the European colonial powers to leave it.

0 Replies