Paging all fellow junkies of True Blood

rosborne979

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2009 08:46 pm
I don't know why the vampires can't figure out how to kill MaryAnne. If they are stronger than she is (and they are very strong), then instead of biting her and getting sick, why don't they just rip her to shreds. They're not squeamish are they?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 24 Aug, 2009 03:49 pm
You guys are discussing season 2, right?

So if I read this, it's all going to be spoilers?
rosborne979

Reply Mon 24 Aug, 2009 03:58 pm
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:

You guys are discussing season 2, right?

So if I read this, it's all going to be spoilers?

Yes, there are definitely spoilers in many of the comments. Even if information is not explicitly stated, enough it implied to still be a spoiler.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Mon 24 Aug, 2009 04:02 pm
Loved last night's episode. Left me waiting for more. It's a rip-roaring laugh out loud fest, acting is just bad enough to make you happy.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Mon 24 Aug, 2009 04:16 pm
I actually find myself losing interest in the story line lately. I'm not sure exactly why, but the whole story seems to be getting less complex and mysterious and more superficial in some way.

I'm starting to get anxious for the new season of Dexter on ShowTime Smile

dlowan

Reply Tue 25 Aug, 2009 03:30 am
@rosborne979,
Has anyone here read the books the series is based on?

The Southern Vampire Mysteries:

http://www.amazon.com/Dead-Until-Southern-Vampire-Mysteries/dp/0441016995/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1251192284&sr=1-1

Usually I about as interested in vampire stuff as I am in watching paint dry, but I do like this TV series.

I am wondering about the books.
rosborne979

Reply Tue 25 Aug, 2009 08:05 am
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:

I've read the first book in that series, but I like the HBO treatment much better.
dlowan

Reply Tue 25 Aug, 2009 08:22 am
@rosborne979,
rosborne979 wrote:

dlowan wrote:

I've read the first book in that series, but I like the HBO treatment much better.

Interesting. What do you think HBO adds?
rosborne979

Reply Tue 25 Aug, 2009 08:46 am
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:
Interesting. What do you think HBO adds?

I think they are better writers than the original author. I find the HBO presentation much deeper with more emotional interaction. I found the first book very superficial and lacking in character depth. (just my opinion of course).
mac11

Reply Tue 25 Aug, 2009 09:46 am
I read three or four of the books. I thought they were amusing, but rosborne's right - not much in the way of character development.

I'll read them again one of these days.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Tue 25 Aug, 2009 09:49 am
I haven't read the books, but tying into the emotional interaction is the soundtrack: Somehow the producers always seem to come up with just the right music for the scene. Quite remarkable.

And of course, the books being books, they can't have the kick-ass opening sequence the TV series does. Love it every time I see it.
dlowan

Reply Tue 25 Aug, 2009 10:37 am
@Thomas,
The music IS remarkable!!!

I looked at the official music album only yesterday...but it hardly has any of the music.

I do have a list of all the actual songs...but the background music is great, too,

The opening song kind of reminds me of the Sopranos theme.....
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 25 Aug, 2009 10:38 am
@rosborne979,
It's great when television is richer art than the material on which it is based.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Tue 25 Aug, 2009 02:58 pm
To those of you who're following Season 2: Am I the only one who thinks the final two minutes of this episode looked a lot like The Matrix?
rosborne979

Reply Tue 25 Aug, 2009 05:46 pm
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:
To those of you who're following Season 2: Am I the only one who thinks the final two minutes of this episode looked a lot like The Matrix?

I hadn't noticed the similarity. What exactly reminded you of the Matrix?
Thomas

Reply Tue 25 Aug, 2009 08:55 pm
@rosborne979,
Something about the queen's house: the way the guards were dressed, the interior architecture of the mansion. I immediately had to think of the house of the arrogant French dude on Matrix II
rosborne979

Reply Tue 25 Aug, 2009 09:29 pm
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:

Something about the queen's house: the way the guards were dressed, the interior architecture of the mansion. I immediately had to think of the house of the arrogant French dude on Matrix II

Yes, I see a bit of the similarity there. Not so much the house as the behavior and dress of the guards maybe.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 11:21 am
Oooo, season premiere is approaching! Can't wait!!
rosborne979

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 11:24 am
@Bella Dea,
Thanks for the reminder. When does it air, do you know?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 12:13 pm
June 13th
0 Replies