Paging all fellow junkies of True Blood

Thomas

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2009 07:56 pm
@dlowan,
Just a tad dark, yes. Somehow, though, I think this particular dark plan will fail loudly and spectacularly. This particular preacherman is not the brightest of sadists. And he pissed off his wife. Always a mistake.

Did your DVDs arrive yet?
Thomas

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2009 08:08 pm
@Thomas,
You have to understand though -- this church is very god-loving. But if you're pro-god and pro-life, you've gotta be anti-vampire, see. There's a war going on out there between the forces of light and the forces of darkness, and you have to choose whose side you're on.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2009 08:16 pm
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:
I don't remember the exact words, but they included the phrase "fang-lovin' freak" and "I wonder if she can hear me? I hope she can hear me." So, somebody told him she's with a vampire, and that she can read minds.

Let's see, only a few people know that Sookie can read minds, and the chauffeur who met them at the airport didn't know it, so the info must have leaked out after their arrival in Texas.

That leaves the bellboy and the two vampires from Texas, right? So one of them must be the traitor. And the only motivation seems to be to remove Godric. So one of the vampires must want to take Godric's position and be using the church people as pawns to hide their actions.

I hope Godric escapes and we get to see some Vampire vs Vampire ass whuppin.
Thomas

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2009 08:57 pm
@rosborne979,
rosborne979 wrote:
That leaves the bellboy and the two vampires from Texas, right?

... and Eric and Bill -- technically. And the bell boy didn't know she's infiltrating the church. That decision was made after the last time she met him, wasn't it?

My prime suspect is the Dallas vimpiress with the evil-sounding German accent. Her human lover was suspiciously slow to pick up on Sookie's signals that it was time to leave the church.
rosborne979

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2009 11:45 am
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:
My prime suspect is the Dallas vimpiress with the evil-sounding German accent. Her human lover was suspiciously slow to pick up on Sookie's signals that it was time to leave the church.

I'm leaning in her direction also. Partly because the male vampire (whatever his name was) just seems too obvious.

So how does Maryanne the weird hedonist-sex-party lady fit into all this? Or is she just an unrelated side note? I find it a bit odd that after 1000 years Eric hasn't heard of anything like her before, and she shows up in his neck of the woods and attacks Sookie.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2009 09:25 pm
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:

I re-watched the show and now I'm not convinced that the Dallas Vampiress's lover is in on it. He seemed genuinely afraid of going down into the cellar, and more importantly, he didn't break character and show himself to be aligned with the Newlands, and there would be no need to continue the charade any longer once they grabbed Sookie. Maybe the Vampiress glamored him before the mission to keep Sookie from reading his mind, or maybe he's not in on it.
Thomas

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2009 09:49 pm
@rosborne979,
I have to agree. I also re-watched the episode, and this time I paid attention to the very end, where they give a preview on future episodes. There is one scene where Eric yells at the Vampire macho war-monger: "You murdered Godric for his title! There will be no mercy!" Unless the preview is designed to mislead us, the traitor isn't the vampiress.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2009 07:58 pm
Loved the variations on the idea driving a stake through a vampire's heart. High heels, huh -- who would have thought? Very sexy, too!
rosborne979

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2009 09:37 pm
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:
Loved the variations on the idea driving a stake through a vampire's heart. High heels, huh -- who would have thought? Very sexy, too!

Yeh, I caught that too.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2009 09:43 pm
@Thomas,
I wonder if they are giving away too much in the previews. Apparently a painball gun was used on Jason and eventually others. I know the previews are meant to mislead to a certain extent, but they seem to reveal quite a bit.

And previews aside, Godric seems to have free run of the basement, so I'm thinking he can't be there against his will, if he's being held there at all. I'm starting to wonder if Godric set up this whole circus just to flush out the traitors in his midst.

Eric blasted out of his hotel room on word of Sookie's plight and within seconds Godric to the rescue. This implies that Eric knew where Godric was and had quick access, which then begs the question, "What was Eric crying about earlier if Godric was never in any danger"?
Thomas

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2009 10:40 pm
@rosborne979,
rosborne979 wrote:
I wonder if they are giving away too much in the previews.

Not sure about that -- last week's preview suggests otherwise: I got the traitor right-ish based on the actual episode; then the preview misled me to change my mind.

Eric wrote:
Eric blasted out of his hotel room on word of Sookie's plight and within seconds Godric to the rescue.

Well, he and the Vampiress (I keep forgetting her name) knew where the Fellowship of the Sun was. They visited the place a night or two before. Sookie's message specifically stated that Godric and her were held in the church's basement, and that Godric was in trouble. So, sure, Eric would know where that was.
rosborne979

Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2009 09:07 am
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:
Well, he and the Vampiress (I keep forgetting her name) knew where the Fellowship of the Sun was. They visited the place a night or two before. Sookie's message specifically stated that Godric and her were held in the church's basement, and that Godric was in trouble. So, sure, Eric would know where that was.

Maybe the show is being inconsistent in the logic of the vampire superpowers, but it seems to me that moving at the speed Eric moves, he could have searched that entire complex in only moments, even if he hadn't known where Godric was being held.

The implication I got from this is that Eric has always known where Godric is and how to contact him, which then begs the question "what was Eric blood-crying about earlier in the show?". Perhaps there is a different vampire which is missing, perhaps one of Eric's "children" rather than his maker, and this is all a plot by Eric/Godric to ferret out the traitors and the missing vampire?

The previews also show Eric in chains as a sacrifice, which I can't whip up any scenario for, so there are still lots of mysteries here.

It's also interesting that Sookie was able to reach the other telepath at such a great distance. And she transmitted instead of received.
Thomas

Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2009 10:17 am
@rosborne979,
rosborne979 wrote:
Maybe the show is being inconsistent in the logic of the vampire superpowers

Perhaps. The logic of vampire blood is less than perfect as well. It heals Sookie, but doesn't make her horny or hallucinating.
rosborne979

Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2009 10:45 am
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:
Perhaps. The logic of vampire blood is less than perfect as well. It heals Sookie, but doesn't make her horny or hallucinating.

True. That being the case it's going to be very difficult to figure out this mystery before it unfolds. Just have to enjoy the ride I guess Smile

This last one was a good episode. I like the Godric character even though we haven't seen much of him. I would also like to see a tie-in between the vampires activity and MaryAnne's part in the show. But I'm not convinced yet that's going to happen.
Thomas

Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2009 10:51 am
@rosborne979,
rosborne979 wrote:
Just have to enjoy the ride I guess Smile

The horror! The horror!
rosborne979

Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2009 03:35 pm
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:
rosborne979 wrote:
Just have to enjoy the ride I guess Smile
The horror! The horror!

The waiting. The waiting. ugh.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Tue 4 Aug, 2009 05:36 am
@Thomas,
I rewatched the episode. Now I don't think Eric released Godric at all. I think Eric is still running his way over there to help. Godric, for some reason, chose that moment to intervene. Not sure if it's because of the open door to the cage (seems unlikely), or because he's always had the ability to intervene and simply hasn't yet for some reason. I'm suspecting this is all some convoluted plot by Godric to ferret out all the vampire traitors.

But I still can't figure out how/why Eric ends up in chains on the altar (in the previews).
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Tue 4 Aug, 2009 07:02 am
Do you think the telepathic bellboy will be a recurring character? Will Lorena make him her pet, as a foil to Bill's pet (Sookie)?

(right after Eric ran out of the hotel, someone grabbed the bellboy and yanked him into the room. I'm assuming it was Lorena who did the yanking.)

I think Lorena and an innocent young telepathic bellboy would make a very interesting couple, especially if Lorena had a weakness for him. And what would happen if a Vampire "turned" a telepath? Would you end up with a very powerful vampire? If so, the elder vampires must be thinking/worrying about it.
Thomas

Reply Wed 5 Aug, 2009 11:33 am
@rosborne979,
rosborne979 wrote:
Do you think the telepathic bellboy will be a recurring character? Will Lorena make him her pet, as a foil to Bill's pet (Sookie)?

I can easily see Lorena being curious why Bill would prefer Sookie over her, and keep him around for that reason.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 6 Aug, 2009 08:12 am
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:

rosborne979 wrote:
Maybe the show is being inconsistent in the logic of the vampire superpowers

perhaps because she's getting it straight from the tap......