Paging all fellow junkies of True Blood

Irishk

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2010 11:59 am
@rosborne979,
The L.A.Times Show Tracker feature had an article called 500 subplots and nothing on fairly recently...lots of grumbling but also supportive comments. It seems there are two factions, those that follow the book series (they say all these seeming distractions are leading somewhere...at least some do), and that Season 4 will more closely resemble Book 4.

And, a comment from a True Blood fan who isn't following the book series:

Quote:
"Fans of the book series all seem to mention how 'easy' it is for them to follow the convoluted and multiple plots of the show - based on the books. And how they 'get-it' based on the books.

"I'd just like to say (as a 'non follower' of the books) that any movie or TV series based on a story/novel, really should stand on its own. I'm far from being a fool, and can easily follow the plots of this show. I'm not having an issue with that. But... you made a great point regarding the multiple plots and sub-sub plots (my words not yours). There seems to be so MANY this season. I suppose my point is that the show shouldn't be considered a 'companion' to the book. And, I really do understand why the 'readers' feel the way they do - based on their loyalty to the original books. But, it should stand on its own with the multiple plots. This show really DOES need to be more cohesive in its multiple story lines.

"The show's a whole lotta fun... (weird, bloody, violent sex scenes and all) but I don't think it's a 'great' show. Although - I think it really could be!"

rosborne979

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2010 02:44 pm
@Irishk,
I've read some of the books, and I feel that the TV show is actually a better story. But there's no way to jam every bit of meat from the books into a TV show that only airs 1hr per week, so I don't think they should try. This may result in a challenge for the writers of the show as they try to pick and choose which pieces to insert into the show and try to squeeze all they can into a limited time slot.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2010 11:28 am
Speculation on season end?

Does Eric Die? My wife hopes not.
Why is Godric floating around in the preview?
Do the DEA get swarmed by cat people?
rosborne979

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2010 07:12 pm
@McGentrix,
I'm prepared to be unimpressed with the last episode. They would seem to be wrapping up Russell early in the show and leaving the DEA/were-cats for last, which seems bass ackwards to me. But we'll see, maybe they can pull it off.

They also need to leave a cliff-hanger for next season.

I thought I saw Godric in the previews as well, but it went by so fast I wasn't sure. I hope they don't end with ghosts of Russell and Godric floating off into the sunset together. I might have to stop watching the show if they did that.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2010 08:22 pm
Hm. They seem to be better at developing dramatical conflicts than at resolving them. But even so, I think it was the best season so far.
rosborne979

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2010 07:26 pm
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:
Hm. They seem to be better at developing dramatical conflicts than at resolving them. But even so, I think it was the best season so far.

Yeh, I feel the same way.

I was impressed with how ruthless Bill turned out to be though. He's almost like a Vampire Terminator. And I was pretty impressed with Pam, apparently she escaped the assassin, killed him, tracked down Eric in the cement and rescued him. Eric owes her.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2011 06:07 pm
Well I made a true blood thread and didn't think to search.. So I will bring this one back to life!

Who is ready for season 4?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I can't wait!!!
Thomas

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2011 06:40 am
@Crazielady420,
Yeah, it's about time. Fairies and witches, huh.
Crazielady420

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2011 10:37 am
@Thomas,
all I know is they said more sex too hahaha...
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2011 10:57 am
@Crazielady420,
I'm ready and waiting. Unfortunately I have canceled my HBO subscription, so I'll have to find another way to get the shows. I don't mind paying for them, so maybe there will be a web feed I can download from.
rosborne979

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2011 10:58 am
When does the new season start?
mckenzie

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2011 01:17 pm
@rosborne979,
June 26th.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2011 06:15 pm
@rosborne979,
I watched the entire third season online. I just googled it and after a fews misses, found a few sites!
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Sun 26 Jun, 2011 08:03 pm
Promising start!
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2011 07:18 pm
I haven't seen even the first show of the latest season because I wanted to find a way to download them online without paying for a full subscription to HBO on Cable.

I wouldn't mind paying for each show if I could find a way to download them, but I can't find any online sites to download the series one show at a time (a la iTunes methodology).

Is there any way to legitimately watch the series online without signing up for HBO on Cable TV?
dlowan

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2011 12:41 am
@rosborne979,
rosborne979 wrote:

I haven't seen even the first show of the latest season because I wanted to find a way to download them online without paying for a full subscription to HBO on Cable.

I wouldn't mind paying for each show if I could find a way to download them, but I can't find any online sites to download the series one show at a time (a la iTunes methodology).

Is there any way to legitimately watch the series online without signing up for HBO on Cable TV?

er...I use iTunes for that...you can download one at a time.

I must have missed an important part of your point, right.
rosborne979

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2011 03:51 am
@dlowan,
iTunes doesn't have the current season (unless I'm missing something obvious). I've seen all the past seasons but I no longer subscribe to HBO so I want a way to watch these episodes shortly after they are released. iTunes does that with some shows, like Justified, but apparently not with True Blood.
Bella Dea

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2011 09:46 am
@rosborne979,
No, they don't have it yet for some unknown reason.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2011 07:16 pm
Ok. I found a place to download the episodes. MovieBerry.com. Less than a dollar per episode.

Is anyone watching this latest season? Is it any good, or has it lost it's magic?
Thomas

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2011 12:43 pm
@rosborne979,
Sorry I missed your post, rosborne. Yes, I'm watching the newest season. It hasn't lost its magic, it's as good as the previous three. The theme this season: witches.