Paging all fellow junkies of True Blood

rosborne979

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2011 12:48 pm
@Thomas,
Hi Thomas,

I've been catching up on the episodes now that I have access to them. I agree it's still pretty good, but it seems to be slightly more "rushed" that it was before. I seem to remember is as being more moody with a buildup of suspense, whereas this season seems to be cramming a lot of different character activity into the shows.

But I do like the Vampire Monarchy line along with Bill's involvement in it.

I should be caught up on everything by the end of this week. Then I'll have to wait for more episodes just like everyone else Smile

0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2011 03:32 pm
Ok. I've pretty much caught up on the series now that I found a place to download all the episodes.

The whole "witch" thing is moderately interesting, but I still find the implied politics of the vampire hierarchy the most interesting thread.

Some of the story threads seem superfluous like the were panthers and the stuff about the little baby. Maybe I just don't see the connection yet. I prefer it when the story thread overlap, or at least hint at overlapping. As it is, it seems kinda disjointed or something.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2011 09:36 am
Well, finally things are starting to get interesting on this show again. They did away with the witches, and killed off the useless characters. Reverend Steve returns with fangs, Jessica gets almost naked (finally) and someone cracked the cement and dug up the most colorful vampire of the series. I feel like they wasted a whole season on witches only to prepare for something serious.

Bill and Eric are shaping up to be quite a team of pit bull puppy dogs, Andy is being seduced by the dark fairies and Terry's past has scared Rene out of the grave.

It's right about now when HBO usually cancels a series.
Thomas

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2011 02:58 am
@rosborne979,
Just returned from a trip to Germany and caught up. I suppose I'm easier to please than you, rosborne. I liked the witches. I also liked some of the characters that the producers so nonchalantly killed in the last episode. And I'm hoping that Sookie's call after the last killing, "somebody help me", finds a responder who can bring at least some of those characters back to life. But I agrree: a civil war among vampires sounds very, very intriguing. (HBO has commissioned a 5th season, so don't worry about a premature end.)
rosborne979

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2011 03:36 am
@Thomas,
Are there more episodes for this season coming, or was that the season finale?
Thomas

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2011 05:29 am
@rosborne979,
That was the finale. I'm sorry to bear bad news, but you'll wait until 2012 for the Vampire civil war.
rosborne979

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2011 01:07 pm
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:
That was the finale. I'm sorry to bear bad news, but you'll wait until 2012 for the Vampire civil war.
Thanks for the update Thomas. I hate waiting so long for new seasons of True Blood. They should do two seasons per year (at least) Smile

But I get the sense that it's not pulling quite the following that it used to. At least activity on this thread has certainly decreased.

Are any of you other people on this thread still interested in the series or is interest waning?
Thomas

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2011 08:45 pm
@rosborne979,
I'm still watching every episode, pretty much when it comes out. And according to Wikipedia, the viewership continues to grow. It appears, then, that this thread is a fluke. (I should have taken better care for it.)
0 Replies