Paging all fellow junkies of True Blood

rosborne979

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2009 03:27 pm
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:
One question about last week's episode: In the very last cut, you see a woman, marching through the hotel corridor towards the camera, listening to Bill and Sookie having sex, evidently furious. Was that the vampire who made Bill a vampire back in the Civil War, as shown in a flashback near the end of last season? I think so, but I'm not sure.

That's the first thing I thought when I saw her as well. I thought she was the vampire who made Bill (and this season is definitely fixated on vampire "Makers"), but I'm not entirely sure I recognize her since she's no longer made up as a civil war era housewife. I'd be interested to know if anyone can confirm if that's who she is.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2009 04:14 pm
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:

Green Witch wrote:
The HBO series is more balanced in terms of gender interest.

On a slight tangent, this whole issue of "gender interest" seems to be much more pronounced in American TV than it was back in Germany. When I mention that I like Sex and the City, a surprisingly high percentage of Americans asks if I'm gay. Evidently, typical heterosexual American men don't care about the other half's messed-up relationships and sex life. Neither do they appreciate funny and intelligent dialogue.

I made my ex watch it on our first "sleep-over".

He liked it.....I'm not sure if this was because it was the one where the uptight one (forget her name) sat for the artist who only painted vulvas.
Thomas

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2009 04:24 pm
@joefromchicago,
joefromchicago wrote:
Thomas wrote:
5. Sex, sex, sex [...]

Why isn't this number 1?

I wanted to save the good stuff till last.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2009 04:32 pm
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:
I made my ex watch it on our first "sleep-over".

He liked it.....I'm not sure if this was because it was the one where the uptight one (forget her name) sat for the artist who only painted vulvas.

Her name is Charlotte York. And yes, that would have been a perfectly acceptable reason.
dlowan

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2009 04:46 pm
@Thomas,
So....he wasn't gay, then?

I mean...you have to wory about these things even when they want to have sex with you all the time.

Imagine finding I'd let a GAY man in my bed, and never knew?
dlowan

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2009 04:47 pm
@Thomas,
What about Californication?

Are men who like that gay?
Thomas

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2009 04:50 pm
@dlowan,
I guess not. I've read a review in a blog where Californication was characterized as Sex and the City for men.
Thomas

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2009 05:23 pm
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:
I mean...you have to wory about these things even when they want to have sex with you all the time.

Come on, who wants to have sex all the time? Men aren't like that!

dlowan wrote:
Imagine finding I'd let a GAY man in my bed, and never knew?

What's the problem, as long as you get yours?
dlowan

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2009 08:34 pm
@Thomas,
Now, now...you know irony when you see it.

Actually, I like fellas who are...flexible...in such matters.

It's always seemed to me a sign of not being pushed around by rigid gender roles.

I have a hunch your vampires can be kind of...flexible...too?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2009 08:35 pm
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:

I guess not. I've read a review in a blog where Californication was characterized as Sex and the City for men.

So...you saying I'm a lesbian, then?

Lord...it must be hard being American sometimes (less...flexible...sort of Americans, I mean.)
Thomas

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2009 10:43 pm
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:
Now, now...you know irony when you see it.

Never! When it comes to irony, I just say no -- just as Nancy Reagan told me to.

dlowan wrote:
I have a hunch your vampires can be kind of...flexible...too?

Easily possible. Now that I think about it, I don't remember any one bisexual vampires. Just a few homosexual ones.

dlowan wrote:
So...you saying I'm a lesbian, then?

Obviously.
dlowan

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2009 12:06 am
@Thomas,
Ok.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2009 10:31 am
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:

I have my doubts whether Godrick actually was abducted. After all, nobody saw anyone abduct him. He just vanished. And if, as Eric says, he was a very powerful vampire, could have been king, and wasn't interested, he must be a bit of a slacker in public office. Maybe he just took off by himself because something interested him more than his sheriff job. The question then becomes, what?

Good question. I wonder if there is an internal Vampire political battle going on which Eric is unaware of.

Also, is the crazy lady who is after Tara unrelated to all this? Is she just a side story, or is there another group of creatures trying to intervene in Vampire affairs? Bill mentioned this to Eric, implying it was too much of a coincidence that they had just recently encountered something mysterious which had clawed Sookey and at the same time Godrick disappeared.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2009 04:56 pm
@Thomas,
I've read the books....but because it's you I won't tell you. Good thing it's not someone I don't like like dys for instance...or I'd give it away.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2009 06:29 pm
@rosborne979,
Iknow the answer to that questiion too....God I feel so smug and self satisfied...
rosborne979

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2009 07:20 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Iknow the answer to that questiion too....God I feel so smug and self satisfied...

The suspense is killing me. But don't tell me. I want to see it in the show. Smile
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2009 07:54 pm
Here's a True Blood linking site called BloodCopy.com.

0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2009 09:12 pm
So why did the church people drag Sookie off to the basement? Sookie read the reverend's mind and he said something, but I couldn't make it out.

And did he say something about a vampire they have locked up in the basement? Could it be Godric?

Thomas

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2009 04:16 pm
@rosborne979,
I don't remember the exact words, but they included the phrase "fang-lovin' freak" and "I wonder if she can hear me? I hope she can hear me." So, somebody told him she's with a vampire, and that she can read minds.

And yes, he said something about a vampire locked up in the basement. He wants to nail him on a cross shortly before Dawn, so the sun has a full summer day to kill him.
dlowan

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2009 04:40 pm
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:

I don't remember the exact words, but they included the phrase "fang-lovin' freak" and "I wonder if she can hear me? I hope she can hear me." So, somebody told him she's with a vampire, and that she can read minds.

And yes, he said something about a vampire locked up in the basement. He wants to nail him on a cross shortly before Dawn, so the sun has a full summer day to kill him.

So...it's a little dark, then, this series?