Paging all fellow junkies of True Blood

rosborne979

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2010 10:35 am
In a scene last week, Sookie gets a phone call from Hadley who wants to see her again. She pulled her son out of the daycare and brought him to the aquarium. She wants Sookie to find out if he has telepathy, too, because then she’ll know that she needs to hide him. Sookie sits down next to Hunter and thinks, ‘Which is your favorite fish in the aquarium? It’s alright, no one knows, it’s just us.’ ‘The blue one,’ he replies wordlessly. Hadley gets very upset when she realizes her suspicions are confirmed. Hadley starts running off with Hunter to hide him, and he yells to Sookie “she knows, she knows”. Who is he referring too?
Irishk

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2010 10:54 am
@rosborne979,
That RS photo is bloody brilliant.
Thomas

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2010 10:57 am
@rosborne979,
I think he's referring to Hadley.

In an earlier episode, Hadley mentions she ran away from some kind of rehab program; in this one she said she hasn't seen her son in a year. So I'm assuming that the father has custody, that the boy hasn't seen much of her mother. And now that she's taking him out of daycare panicking, he's scared of her. He can't possibly know what's going on.

That's my interpretation anyway.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2010 11:04 am
@Irishk,
Irishk wrote:
That RS photo is bloody brilliant.

If you want to sell a magazine that's a good thing to put on the cover. Unless it's Good Housekeeping magazine or Readers Digest or something, that might not go over so well Wink
Thomas

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2010 11:08 am
@rosborne979,
Dammit! Now you've reminded me of an old Onion headline: Playboy Swimsuit Edition Flops.
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2010 11:14 am
@rosborne979,
Here's an excerpt from the RS article, on newsstands today...

Quote:
The idea of celibate vampires is ridiculous, True Blood creator Alan Ball says. "To me, vampires are sex," he says. "I don't get a vampire story about abstinence. I'm 53. I don't care about high school students. I find them irritating and uninformed." On his show, every available orifice is used for intercourse: gay, straight, between humans and supernatural beings, and supernatural being on supernatural being, whether he be werewolf, dog or an enormous Minotaur-looking being called a maenad. None of the sex is quite as good as vampire sex, though, which can happen at the astonishing rhythm of 120 bpm while simultaneously devouring one's neck and making your eyes roll back into your head. Says Stephen Moyer — who plays Bill Compton, the undead Southern Civil War Veteran — "If we go from a base level, vampires create a hole in the neck where there wasn't one before. It's a de-virginization — breaking the hymen, creating blood and then drinking the virginal blood. And there's something sharp, the fang, which is probing and penetrating and moving into it. So that's pretty sexy. I think that makes vampires attractive." He laughs a little. "Plus, Robert Pattinson is just hot, right?"
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2010 11:36 am
At the end of the last show Russell proclaims that he is the "true face of Vampires". But in the previous season we saw Godric (a vampire even older than Russell) claim that he no longer needed much blood, and ultimately sacrifice himself to the sun rather than continue an immortal existence as a representative of vampires (which he had come to believe had not "evolved" in their behavior even after centuries of life).

Which is the *true* face of vampires?
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 02:10 pm
Just caught up on what I missed during my trip to Oklahoma. Three hour Saturday afternoon True Blood marathon with daughter and her boyfriend... blinds pulled. Yikes!

I like to think the true face of vampires is Eric. : )

Can hardly wait to see what happens tonight.
squinney

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 08:15 pm
Gawd, Jason cracks me up!!!

"Mamma."

0 Replies

mckenzie

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 08:34 pm
Just finished recording it and can hardly wait 'til tomorrow evening to watch it. (It's Mad Men night in the Mac household tonight and there's not enough time to watch both.)

I just noticed on Refdesk that Paquin and Moyer were married yesterday.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Sun 22 Aug, 2010 10:58 pm
@squinney,
squinney wrote:
I like to think the true face of vampires is Eric. : )

You're into guys tying up ladies in dungeons? You never seemed like that kind of woman to me.
squinney

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 07:41 am
@Thomas,
Ah, good. So, you didn't see the shackles when you visited. I'd been worrying about that.

Actually, Alcide is more my type. I'm a dog person. : )
Thomas

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 11:31 am
@squinney,
squinney wrote:
I'm a dog person. : )

I was getting a sense that you might be. Smile

I'm curious how Jason will react to Crystal now that he knows what she is. I also see some nice potential rivalry for her affection between Jason and one of the series' shifters. Tommy perhaps?
rosborne979

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2010 01:34 pm
@Thomas,
I'm not sure how the black panther people fit into all this yet. The vampires and fairies and werewolves are all linked by their interactions. But the shifters and the puma people don't seem to be connected to each other or to the vampires or werewolves. And were are the duck people, and the alligator people and the frog people?

Shifters would seem like the most elegant of the supernaturals because they have flexibility of form. The puma people and were wolves just seem like limited-capacity shifters.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2010 06:48 am
In the last episode I thought I heard some mention that Russell is the oldest vampire on the planet. Did I hear that right?

It would be a shame to have to kill (True Death) something that was almost 3k yrs old. But I doubt Russell will leave any choice. I wonder if vampires remember much of their lives back so far in time. Every one of them is a walking history lesson with first hand knowledge of events.
0 Replies

zay

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2010 07:43 am
@rosborne979,
i think its because its like medicine. if you take it when you need to heal it just heals you and if you take it when you dont need it to heal, it makes you high
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2010 05:54 pm
History Channel has a series called Swamp People about Cajuns.

They are gator hunting on this episode and Troy sounds just like Rene'. Good mood setter for tonights episode of TB.

0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2010 08:45 am
Hmmm, I didn't enjoy the last episode very much. All the side-stories don't seem to have any purpose (except that they may be constructing something for next season), and the mainline story only got about 10minutes of airtime.

Now we have to wait two weeks to see the resolution. What a pain.
McGentrix

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2010 08:56 am
@rosborne979,
rosborne979 wrote:

Hmmm, I didn't enjoy the last episode very much. All the side-stories don't seem to have any purpose (except that they may be constructing something for next season), and the mainline story only got about 10minutes of airtime.

Now we have to wait two weeks to see the resolution. What a pain.

I agree. I don't care about Arlene & her baby issue, have little interest in Tara and Jason is just a side note. Even the car ride with Sookie and Bill just seemed like filler. I hope they are not running out of steam.
rosborne979

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2010 09:41 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:
I agree. I don't care about Arlene & her baby issue, have little interest in Tara and Jason is just a side note. Even the car ride with Sookie and Bill just seemed like filler. I hope they are not running out of steam.

I'm afraid they are running out of steam. I get the feeling that Alan Ball is good at building up atmosphere and suspense through the season, but it's quite as good at bringing it all to an elegant and powerful conclusion.

Given that this is a series, I think that the side stories need to build their own tension as a way to bridge the audience with anticipation into the next season, then the primary conflict within each season can be resolved and the side stories can carry the momentum forward.

Right now I feel that the writers haven't "set the hook" very deeply with their side stories and the momentum to carry things forward isn't very strong.

I suspect that some major "shock" will be revealed in the last episode as a way to bring people back after the long hiatus between seasons, but even the death of a main character doesn't carry as much weight as the implications of several side stories could.

But we'll see. I might be wrong. Maybe the writers will pull a were-rabbit out of their hat to set the hook Smile