Paging all fellow junkies of True Blood

Thomas

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2010 10:26 pm
@rosborne979,
Bill referred to him as "your maker" and "he". It was Lorena who said, "I am not <name>!" But I don't remember the name either.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Sun 1 Aug, 2010 07:59 pm
"I never thought I was smart enough to be depressed." Love it!
rosborne979

Reply Sun 1 Aug, 2010 08:05 pm
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:
"I never thought I was smart enough to be depressed." Love it!

Yeh, I got a good laugh out of that one too Smile

How about, "I'm so happy I could bleed" (Queen to King after getting married).

Other than that, this episode wasn't quite as enjoyable as the others. Although they tied up some loose ends and hinted at a few things to come.

Bill survived in the sunlight after drinking Sookies blood. And Sookie's dream called him "the darkness" and said that he would take her "light" from her.

And Russell just lopped off the head of the old Authority and declared a new Authority. That's sure to rattle some high-and-mighty cages somewhere.
Thomas

Reply Sun 1 Aug, 2010 10:10 pm
@rosborne979,
Another interesting phrase was, "Do not fear the water. It wasn't the water that killed them." I have a feeling that "them" is Sookie's parents, and there's more to their death than we know yet.
rosborne979

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2010 07:40 am
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:
Another interesting phrase was, "Do not fear the water. It wasn't the water that killed them." I have a feeling that "them" is Sookie's parents, and there's more to their death than we know yet.

I remember that too, but I didn't know what they were talking about.

On a different topic, given that Jason has a blood type and Sookie doesn't, is it possible that Jason isn't Sookie's brother at all?
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2010 07:45 am
Not necessarily. If the relevant genetics work the same way for Sookies unknown bloodtype and for the known bloodtypes, there's no reason why Sookie and Jason couldn't be siblings and have different blood types.
rosborne979

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2010 07:53 am
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:
Not necessarily. If the relevant genetics work the same way for Sookies unknown bloodtype and for the known bloodtypes, there's no reason why Sookie and Jason couldn't be siblings and have different blood types.

Good point.

And what exactly did Sookie's cousin whisper to Eric when he drained the truth out of her? Did she say, "Vampires can live again?", or was it "Vampires can live in the sunlight again?", or something slightly different. I guess I'm not sure yet exactly what Sookie's value to Vampires is (other than she tastes good).
Thomas

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2010 08:49 am
@rosborne979,
Oh, could you read her lips that well? I couldn't.
rosborne979

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2010 09:20 am
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:
Oh, could you read her lips that well? I couldn't.

No. Those were just guesses.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2010 08:53 pm
@Thomas,
HBO has picked up TrueBlood for a fourth season and it's on pace to become the most popular HBO series of all time, overtaking the Sopranos. Finally, a show I like gets continued. Smile Usually the stuff I like gets dropped.
Thomas

Reply Mon 2 Aug, 2010 08:58 pm
@rosborne979,
Yep---and after the latest show aired, they showed a 5-minute feature about a True-Blood convention. The major announcement is that they're keeping Alcide around as a part of the permanent cast.
rosborne979

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2010 08:53 am
@Thomas,
I found this on a wiki site: "Lorena was made vampire by István". We were asking earlier about the name. I don't seen István showing up in the character list for this season, so maybe he'll show up next season (perhaps seeking revenge against Sookie?).
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2010 07:58 pm
That was awesome! Best episode of all three seasons imo.
rosborne979

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2010 04:11 am
@Thomas,
Is Talbott TrueDead, or just injured?
Thomas

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2010 05:31 am
@rosborne979,
I'm pretty sure he's truedead, because Eric has dead-vampire goo on his hands as he pulls back the stake.

So now we know the Meth lab people (and the new waitress, I guess) are either werewolves or shifters. If they're werewolves, I wonder how they're connected to the others. If they're shifters, I wonder if the senior Merlottes will end up with them.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2010 06:28 pm
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:
That was awesome! Best episode of all three seasons imo.

Just out of curiosity, why did you like this episode more than the others?
Thomas

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2010 06:44 pm
@rosborne979,
I can't give you a particular reason. It was just an especially enthusiastic gut reaction on my part. Maybe I was just in the mood yesterday.
rosborne979

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2010 06:55 pm
@Thomas,
I didn't think the last episodes were as good as the earlier ones. I'm not enjoying the side-stories very much I guess.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2010 11:25 am
The main vampire hierarchy story is the only storyline which seems to interest me at the moment. I'm interested in the Sookie line because it seems to interact with the vampire story. I'm completely bored with the Lafayette/Jesus story because I don't see the connection to anything. The Jason/Crystal story is only slightly better because Crystal has some mystery surrounding her. I also don't see where the Sam Merlot/Shifters story is going or if it has any connection to the vampire story at all.

On a side note, I happened to look at the cast list for the 2011 season, and it's completely missing at least one prominent name.
Thomas

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2010 12:46 pm
@rosborne979,
That must be the difference between us , then. I like all those side-stories. I'm also interested in Sookie's cousin Hadley.

I looked at the Season-4 cast on imdb.com. As far as I can see, everyone is accounted for. Can you give me the URL where you checked the cast list?