Paging all fellow junkies of True Blood

rosborne979

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2010 06:42 pm
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:
I looked at the Season-4 cast on imdb.com. As far as I can see, everyone is accounted for. Can you give me the URL where you checked the cast list?

It's the cast list on IMDB. One of the main characters is not listed as appearing in 2011.

http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0060637
Thomas

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2010 10:01 pm
@rosborne979,
Hmmmmm .... that's very interesting. And you seem to be the first to discover it. Google searches for "<name> missing in Season 4" or similar yield no useful hits.
rosborne979

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2010 06:17 am
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:
Hmmmmm .... that's very interesting. And you seem to be the first to discover it. Google searches for "<name> missing in Season 4" or similar yield no useful hits.

I guess someone has to be first Smile

I'm still wondering how Eric is going to escape Russell's wrath in the next episode. Maybe he blames it on Bill... Wink
Thomas

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2010 07:47 am
@rosborne979,
My guess is he sells out Russell out to The Authority.
rosborne979

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2010 07:52 am
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:
My guess is he sells out Russell out to The Authority.

That may be. But if Russell is half the vampire his 3000 years implies, then he's going to be back at that house in moments, and he's going to be more than slightly miffed. And he doesn't seem to have a lot of fear of The Authority. I don't know. It should be an interesting show on Sunday.

Thomas

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2010 08:00 am
@rosborne979,
That reminds me of one of my favorite line in the last episode: "Russell, you can't buy your way out of everything!" "Yes I can. This is America!"
rosborne979

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2010 08:11 am
@rosborne979,
rosborne979 wrote:
I'm still wondering how Eric is going to escape Russell's wrath in the next episode. Maybe he blames it on Bill... Wink

Actually, now that I think about it, Eric can't pin it on Bill because Russell was busy kicking the **** out of Bill when Talbot got staked. Oh well.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2010 08:13 am
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:
That reminds me of one of my favorite line in the last episode: "Russell, you can't buy your way out of everything!" "Yes I can. This is America!"

Ahh, that give me an idea... maybe Eric survives Russell's wrath by offering to expose the information about Sookie (and whatever it is that she can do for these vampires).
Thomas

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2010 08:14 am
@rosborne979,
Mmmm! That could work.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2010 04:40 pm
In a couple of scenes Eric and Sophie-Ann have appeared with blood running from their ears and nose. Is that because they haven't been eating? The same thing happened last season when Lorena kept Bill locked in their hotel room for an extended period of time, but I can't remember what causes it.

Also, if they haven't been eating or sleeping or whatever it is that causes that, is there some significance to it that I've missed?
Thomas

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2010 05:20 pm
@rosborne979,
rosborne979 wrote:
The same thing happened last season when Lorena kept Bill locked in their hotel room for an extended period of time, but I can't remember what causes it.

My memory tells me it was sleep deprivation, though I'm not sure enough about it to rule out undernourishment.

rosborne979 wrote:
Also, if they haven't been eating or sleeping or whatever it is that causes that, is there some significance to it that I've missed?

Not that I know of yet. For all I know so far, they're just getting weaker when that happens.
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2010 05:46 pm
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:

HBO kind of let the cat out of the bag when they released the Season 3 finale description last week.

http://true-blood.net/2010/08/05/spoilers-true-blood-season-finale-synopsis/
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2010 08:19 pm
Well well, seems like Russell got himself in a bit of a snit over this Talbot thing.

I'm thinking Eric may get some assistance with his mission after all.

(scratch one Anchorman; in the wrong place at the wrong time)
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2010 11:45 am
I thought the final scene this week was fantastic, with the lead "PR" vampiress (and supporter of artificial "True Blood") sucking on the thigh of a live human, Russell broadcasts his bloody ultimatum to the world ("We're gonna eat you, and we're gonna eat your kids.").

I like a show that doesn't hold back Smile
Thomas

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2010 09:17 am
@rosborne979,
I'm curious how she'll PR her way out of this one.
rosborne979

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2010 10:21 am
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:
I'm curious how she'll PR her way out of this one.

Yeh Smile That's gonna be one hell of a PR campaign.

I would guess they are going to have to declare him a rogue vampire and help the human police capture him and prosecute him (his murder case would seem pretty open-and-shut given the live video and dead body).

I like that the story has taken a turn into a larger world, one which will hopefully include an interaction with our legal system among other things. One of the frustrating things (for me) with stories of the True Blood type is that they seem to take place in a cloistered world without connection to our world. The story seems much more interesting when they try to weave it into reality.
rosborne979

Reply Thu 19 Aug, 2010 08:48 am
@rosborne979,
I wonder if Jason will kill Russell with one of his wooden bullets.
Thomas

Reply Thu 19 Aug, 2010 11:40 am
@rosborne979,
Good thought! That might work. Especially if Russell is vain enough to do some posturing before he thinks he'll kill Jason, the way Franklin did.
rosborne979

Reply Thu 19 Aug, 2010 02:24 pm
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:
Good thought! That might work. Especially if Russell is vain enough to do some posturing before he thinks he'll kill Jason, the way Franklin did.

Exactly. That's what I was thinking.

Although I find it a bit surprising that Vampires (Franklin) haven't anticipated the possibility of wooden bullets, especially considering how effective they seem to be.

Maybe 3000 year old vampires can dodge bullets. I don't know.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2010 10:25 am
HBO has found a way to sell sex and violence to both men and women without offending the mainstream. It's no wonder this is a popular show, it's got a little bit of everything for everyone Smile
http://blogs.timeslive.co.za/beautifulyoungthings/files/2010/08/rolling-stone.jpg