Sarah Palin, too weird.

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2009 06:10 am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IzNPEGWNos
H2O MAN

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2009 06:16 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,

Bear, thank you for proving once again that all liberals and democrats are sexist, racist, bigots totally lacking common sense.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2009 06:19 am
I'd tell you to **** yourself if I thought you had enough penis to reach.
H2O MAN

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2009 06:26 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,

Bear is experiencing penis envy or dreaming of a reach around...
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2009 06:47 am
Peggy Noonan at the WSJ writes a column to finn, foxfire, Ican, okie and other charter members of the a2k conservative-movement braintrust:
Quote:
She [Sarah Palin] went on the trail a sensation but demonstrated in the ensuing months that she was not ready to go national and in fact never would be.

...In television interviews she was out of her depth in a shallow pool. She was limited in her ability to explain and defend her positions, and sometimes in knowing them. She couldn't say what she read because she didn't read anything. She was utterly unconcerned by all this and seemed in fact rather proud of it: It was evidence of her authenticity. She experienced criticism as both partisan and cruel because she could see no truth in any of it. She wasn't thoughtful enough to know she wasn't thoughtful enough. Her presentation up to the end has been scattered, illogical, manipulative and self-referential to the point of self-reverence. "I'm not wired that way," "I'm not a quitter," "I'm standing up for our values." I'm, I'm, I'm.

..."The elites hate her." The elites made her. It was the elites of the party, the McCain campaign and the conservative media that picked her and pushed her. The base barely knew who she was. It was the elites, from party operatives to public intellectuals, who advanced her and attacked those who said she lacked heft. She is a complete elite confection. She might as well have been a bonbon.

"She makes the Republican Party look inclusive." She makes the party look stupid, a party of the easily manipulated.

..."Now she can prepare herself for higher office by studying up, reading in, boning up on the issues." Mrs. Palin's supporters have been ordering her to spend the next two years reflecting and pondering. But she is a ponder-free zone.

..."The media did her in." Her lack of any appropriate modesty did her in.

...It's not a time to be frivolous, or to feel the temptation of resentment, or the temptation of thinking next year will be more or less like last year, and the assumptions of our childhoods will more or less reign in our future. It won't be that way.

We are going to need the best.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124716984620819351.html

I have only a single quibble here with Noonan's honesty (or clarity of perception, perhaps). She says above, "She [Palin] makes the party look stupid." If by "look" she means "appears as something other than what it is", then Noonan herself is merely, if somewhat valuably, noting that the boat has sailed but she hasn't yet figured out that she's not on it either.

It is not that the party "appears" stupid. The party, now, is stupid. And it has been for a long while. And that happened on purpose.

The consequence of misinformation, promoted over long periods of time, promoted aggressively, broadly and ceaselessly, will inevitably be a misinformed (stupid) audience. Disregard for facts and the denigration of careful or educated analyses (eg; global warming, evolution) will - there is no other possible consequence - lead to carelessness/laziness in thought, to steadfast resistance against learning, and to ideas that are fixed on the worst underpinnings (inappropriate 'authorities' like Mark Levin, Glenn Beck, Hannity, Limbaugh or propagandist front groups like 'Petroleum Producers for Accuracy in Climate Science') and thus to ideas which are unavailable for reconsideration.

The consequence of a decades-long project to denigrate and invalidate objective news reporting or analysis is to remove those means whereby the conservative movement audience/membership might encounter and truly engage conflicting or alternate ideas. In this project, we have seen the ad hominem mechanism arrayed against not merely an individual or a single institutional or opinion source but against everything and everyone that stands as ideologically impure (such as Noonan herself will be for many as a consequence of this column).

If one wishes to gain perspective on those agencies who/which are truly destructive to American society, then one needs to look to those which have quite purposefully worked to engender and foster a misinformed, lazy-thinking, ideologically divisive and exclusionary Republican Party membership. And Noonan is not an innocent.

H2O MAN

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2009 06:50 am

The Democrat party is populated by misinformed, lazy-thinking, ideologically divisive, exclusionary racist, sexist bigots.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2009 07:42 am
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

That's just Engineer in drag.

Damn, you are on to me!
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2009 09:29 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
That video is so weird, which is why I liked it.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2009 11:27 am
@blatham,

Again, analogising to a tug-of-war:
she is at least pulling the rope in the right DIRECTION,
which is away from authoritarianism and away from collectivism.

As a libertarian, Individualist hedonist, I give a lot of credit for that.

I do not remember that the objections raised against Stalin, Hitler & Mao tze tung
were that thay were not sufficiently well informed, nor THOUGHTFUL enuf.

Their thoughts and their information were applied toward despotism.
I, for one, am very happy that Hitler and Stalin were NOT more intelligent than thay were.
I am glad that the Hitler - Stalin Pact did not endure.
We 'd have had a lot more trouble if thay were smarter.

If Sarah were elevated to the Presidency, she 'd surround herself with pro-freedom advisors
to handle the complexities, the important thing being that we were going in the right direction,
not pulled into Marxist despotism.

The problems with the great dictators of the 20th Century is that
(however smart or dum thay were) thay went in the rong direction, away from personal freedom and personal dignity.

`
djjd62

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2009 11:34 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
If Sarah were elevated to the Presidency, she 'd surround herself with pro-freedom advisors
to handle the complexities, the important thing being that we were going in the right direction,

disregarding all the partisan rhetoric in the above statement, most conservatives were insistent that having advisers wasn't enough, in their opinion obama was not well versed in some policies to be the president

so it's all right for your candidate, but not for the other
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2009 11:55 am
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

OmSigDAVID wrote:

disregarding all the partisan rhetoric in the above statement, most conservatives were insistent that having advisers wasn't enough, in their opinion obama was not well versed in some policies to be the president

so it's all right for your candidate, but not for the other

Thay can present their points of vu in saying that.

Their expressions do not bind ME.

Each citizen makes up his own mind and votes according to his own private decision.
engineer

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2009 12:02 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

But I haven't seen even that much managerial ability. I think the more likely senario would be that Palin would find herself surrounded by advisors who would run the country by proxy. I'll take a President who can present a clear vision of his desired future over one who can spit out only soundbites.
djjd62

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2009 12:02 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
agreed david

i just remember pre and post election people denigrating those who suggested that obama would have advisers to assist him

i guess every president until now has been fully versed in the ways of the world and how to deal with every problem, somehow i think not
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2009 12:21 pm
@engineer,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

engineer wrote:
Quote:
But I haven't seen even that much managerial ability.

What do u expect to SEE ?
She has been the chief executive officer of Alaska for several years now
and nothing shockingly untoward has happened. U see a problem ?

engineer wrote:
Quote:

I think the more likely senario would be that Palin would find herself surrounded by advisors
who would run the country by proxy.

That has been true of all Presidents.
None of them has been an expert on EVERYTHING.

That is what his cabinet is for; he additionally has more advisors.

engineer wrote:
Quote:

I'll take a President who can present a clear vision of his desired
future over one who can spit out only soundbites.

Hitler was very, very clear (and loud) of his desired future.
(and plenty of manual gestures)

I am sure that u do not mean that u will take him over Sarah
nor over anyone who "can spit out only soundbites".

A lot depends on what that vision IS.
Debra Law

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2009 12:40 pm
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

OmSigDAVID wrote:

But I haven't seen even that much managerial ability. I think the more likely senario would be that Palin would find herself surrounded by advisors who would run the country by proxy. I'll take a President who can present a clear vision of his desired future over one who can spit out only soundbites.

. . . incoherent soundbites.

She packs an overabundance of gibberish into her sentences and paragraphs leaving most people to wonder what message, if any, she was attempting to deliver. She requires a chorus of conservative interpreters to tell us what she meant and how stupid, hateful, sexist, and partisan the rest of are for calling her incoherent.
Advocate

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2009 12:41 pm
All leaders have advisors. What is important to consider is who, and their quality, will be advising. Palin is very ignorant, and really not very smart. She doesn't read, and doesn't prepare for anything. At the convention, she read a speech prepared by a Bush writer. Usually, she shows up unprepared. We can't trust her to have good advisors.
H2O MAN

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2009 01:04 pm
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

I'll take a President who can present a clear vision of his desired future over one who can spit out only soundbites.

When will we have such a president as you have described?
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2009 02:11 pm
@Debra Law,

engineer wrote:

OmSigDAVID wrote:

Quote:

. . . incoherent soundbites.

She packs an overabundance of gibberish into her sentences and paragraphs leaving most people to wonder what message, if any, she was attempting to deliver. She requires a chorus of conservative interpreters to tell us what she meant and how stupid, hateful, sexist, and partisan the rest of are for calling her incoherent.

We disagree as to the facts, qua incoherence.

In any case, shoud we choose our leaders upon the basis of their powers of articulation ?

Is the champion of the debating society rightfully entitled to political office ?

For MY part, I care about WHAT she says,
not only how skillful she is in finding memorable catch frases.

In other words, it is not just a matter of being a good orator.
I care about WHAT she will DO
what kind of judges she will appoint,
how she feels about funding a strong defense,
a good Space Program and the degree of her support for individual freedom
from government interference. What bills will she champion ?
What woud she veto ?

SUBSTANCE counts, not just the procedure of getting elected.

David
Debra Law

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2009 02:19 pm
@Advocate,
Advocate wrote:

All leaders have advisors. What is important to consider is who, and their quality, will be advising. Palin is very ignorant, and really not very smart. She doesn't read, and doesn't prepare for anything. At the convention, she read a speech prepared by a Bush writer. Usually, she shows up unprepared. We can't trust her to have good advisors.

We can't trust her to mentally process what her advisors (good or bad) are telling her. She has a very limited intellectual capacity to soak up information, process it, and regurgitate it at the proper time. The McCain team attempted to prepare Palin for interviews, but this educational endeavor short-circuited her unexercised brain synapses. Her stupefying mental meltdowns are on constant display. You'll never see a lightbulb flickering over her head.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2009 02:23 pm
@Debra Law,

I 'll look at Obama 's head to see if there is a lightbulb flickering over it.
0 Replies