If one more person calls me Joy I'm gonna scream

chai2

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2009 11:41 am
MY NAME IS NOT JOY!!!!!

It's Joyce!

No it's not almost the same name, it's an ENTIRELY, COMPLELTLY DIFFERENT NAME!!!!

It's not like calling someone named Patrica, Pat, or William, Bill.

GOT THAT????

Robert Gentel

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2009 11:44 am
@chai2,
Well aren't you a bundle of... happiness.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2009 11:45 am
@chai2,
with all the joy and glee I can muster, I re-joyce
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2009 11:50 am
So whatcha gonna do 'bout it, Jooooyyyyyy?

Call the Disney police?
Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2009 12:08 pm
@chai2,
PMS?
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2009 12:11 pm
Relax, Jo.
chai2

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2009 12:25 pm
@Gargamel,
Gargamel wrote:

Relax, Jo.

Actually I wouldn't mind Jo at all.

Of all gawdawful names, I was originally supposed to be named Josephine, so thank God for small favors.

No MA, no PMS, I'm post menapause.

Normally, it's only an occassional thing, when people miss hear when I say my name.

Our areas recruiter for unlicensed personnel had moved into our office a couple of months back, and since then, the call volume into her has picked up considerably. She's pretty quick about picking up the phone when it rings, but, since there's no official phone answerer here, I get a bunch of them too.
I've begun to realize that it must be a common problem amongst people who are not, I'll say it right out....too bright.

I'll say this, they don't get her name right either, Kate. C'mon, how much easier can a name be.

Here's people looking for a J...O...B. and they call for Kathy, Katie, Carol or, my favorite "someone called me but I don't remember who it was"

No wonder you don't have a job.

I'm serious here, in the last 2 months I have been called Joy more times than I have been in my entire life.

What the hell is wrong with you people? Pay attention.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2009 12:26 pm
oh ****....

at least this person called me joyce....

"uh...iz thar a lady called katie over thar?"
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2009 12:31 pm
@chai2,
Yeah. I used to get called Richard alot, but only on the phone. I correct them, and two sentences later, it's Richard all over again.Does Roger really sound that much like Richard?
Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2009 12:34 pm
@roger,
Quote:
Does Roger really sound that much like Richard?

Nah. Roger sounds like something you'd say on a CB radio, though, not in real life. Smile
roger

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2009 12:37 pm
@Merry Andrew,
That's a roger, Roger. Is that a vector, Victor?
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2009 12:56 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

Yeah. I used to get called Richard alot, but only on the phone. I correct them, and two sentences later, it's Richard all over again.Does Roger really sound that much like Richard?

ok, I totally get that...

For awhile, I guess when my accent was different than it is now, people would think my name was Doris.

Doris? Joyce?

Here's a funny one....
I was once living in, of all places, Okeechobee Fla.

don't ask.

Anyway, there's a lot of people there with a very heavy type of southern accent.

I was trying to leave a message on the over the phone for someone, and the woman taking the message said "now how did you say you spell your name? J..o...y...a...s?"

I had to laugh because when I said, no...j...o...y...c...e, there was this silence for a moment like she was staring at what she just wrote, and trying to reconcile that my name was "joy-as", but spelled joyce.
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2009 01:08 pm
I feel your pain. Of all the things that I've been called in my life....my name is easy to play with.....I don't mind any of them, but I am simply not a Steve.

Stevie
Stevie-boy
Steph
Step-in
Step-on
Step-on-me
Tuffin
Tuffy.....this is also my chosen nic-name for my sister.
T-ben....one of my cousins, from when he was a child...and it stuck with him.
Sting-Ray....which would actually be spelled Steenray...comes from a couple of friends with very thick SE Mo accents. If you were to stop in my towns one and only resturant, you could order the Sting Ray special...it's a breakfast plate.

If I can figure out how to send a PM, I'll send you something I wrote a few years ago.
roger

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2009 01:31 pm
@2PacksAday,
Go to someone's profile page, and look right below the avatar. There's a button that says "Contact". Click it.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2009 01:34 pm
@2PacksAday,

what about steve-o?

R(don't call me Reggie)P
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2009 01:45 pm
You left out Steve-erino.

I lived with a Steve (Stephen actually) for a few years and he would get so pissed at this guy who called him that.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2009 01:49 pm
T-ben...I like that one.

It's cool if it's because a little kid can't say your proper name.

When my sister was learning to talk, she would call me Guck, or Gucky.

I'm glad that didn't stick.
chai2

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2009 01:50 pm
@boomerang,
boomerang wrote:

So whatcha gonna do 'bout it, Jooooyyyyyy?

Call the Disney police?

disney police....I'd forgot about that...

heh
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2009 01:55 pm
@chai2,
Quote:
When my sister was learning to talk, she would call me Guck, or Gucky.

I'm glad that didn't stick.

I was just home and my little niece is three and she's only seen me about three or four times, so she didn't remember who I was and she says to my sister, pointing to me, 'Mom, I like her - what's her name?'
My sister says, 'Aunt Rebecca'.
Well apparently she has a friend named Amber, so what she heard and called me for the rest of the trip was Amberbecca.
I love that name now.

My name's Rebecca - but I also answer to Rachel and/or Ruth- which I am constantly called when people are getting to know me, because they know it's a bible name that starts with an R- but that's all they remember.
(I actually like Rachel better than Rebecca anyway- but not Ruth...)
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2009 02:20 pm

50 years ago, I became obsessed with a young lady named Joyce.
That lasted over 20 years.

David