Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2018 03:38 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
topic at hand?

NRA puppetmasters is not a topic, it is rhetoric
farmerman

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2018 03:40 pm
@McGentrix,
emptying a clip till someone drops is NOT the training many folks receive. Its "Three and see", a clip of 30 may not be enough if other perps pop-up. Its easy to maintain cover and aim rather than just "spray and pray".
I agree that the over- zealous over- discharge of weapons .Thats a great way to commence collateral damage in urban environments.

McGentrix

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2018 03:42 pm
@farmerman,
You should watch the video at the source and make an opinion.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2018 03:43 pm
@coldjoint,
NRA puppetmasters referred to at least one individual that is beginning to embarrass the GOP lately. Shes a great Bible thumpin writer and gut wrenchin speaker. She's also holding most of NRA's brains and GOP balls in her purse
coldjoint

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2018 03:53 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
Shes a great Bible thumpin writer and gut wrenchin speaker. She's also holding most of NRA's brains and GOP balls in her purse

What does banning guns have to do with having balls? I would think the opposite would be true. It takes balls to stand up for civil rights.

Everyone's nuts are in their proper place. Including the people who lost them a while ago.

Does this lady have a name?
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2018 03:54 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
Not really. In countries where most folks ain't carrying guns, cops ain't that nervous and trigger-happy. They can over-react of course but it's less likely lethal.

Guns are available to civilians in many countries the world over.

France too I believe.
oralloy

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2018 03:55 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
So you guys trade off Amendments in the US Constitution???

No.

farmerman wrote:
When you guys get backed into corners why do you always try to avert peoples views from the topic at hand???

I don't believe that Coldjoint was backed into a corner.

I think he was merely making a point that this NRA lady is just a normal lobbyist, little different from other lobbyists who represent other interests.

When these Florida legislators are voted out of office in the coming primaries, it will not be this lobbyist who casts all the votes. It will be us, the rank and file NRA voters, who show up to the polls and show these treasonous politicians to the door.
oralloy

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2018 03:57 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:
They are also trained in threat assessment and reasonable force. This was neither.

That is how they are supposed to react when they believe they see a gun in someone's hand.

If you have something other than a gun in your hand, and a police officer is yelling at you to drop the gun, drop whatever non-gun item you are holding and sort it out after the officer is no longer in fear for his life.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2018 03:59 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
emptying a clip till someone drops is NOT the training many folks receive.

Yes it is.

farmerman wrote:
Its "Three and see",

Nonsense.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2018 04:00 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
NRA puppetmasters referred to at least one individual that is beginning to embarrass the GOP lately. Shes a great Bible thumpin writer and gut wrenchin speaker. She's also holding most of NRA's brains and GOP balls in her purse

I have no idea who you are referring to here, but I doubt anyone is embarrassed.
coldjoint

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2018 04:05 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:

I think he was merely making a point that this NRA lady is just a normal lobbyist, little different from other lobbyists who represent other interests.

It is their double standards they refuse to acknowledge. Not only on this topic, but nearly every topic on this board that has to do with politics or religions, you see it glaring back at you.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2018 04:15 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

[Yeah, cops shouldn't be allowed to have guns.

Something we agree on. I'm very lucky to live in a country where police aren't routinely armed.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2018 04:45 pm
@oralloy,
I think it would benefit you if you learn more aboutMs Hammer before you continue to opine how she follows your collective beliefs about the 2nd A.
She would disagree with Justice Scalia's own opinion written for the majority in Heller.
Olivier5

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2018 05:05 pm
@oralloy,
In France, very few civilians have a right to carry guns around wherever they go. Hunters are allowed at certain times in certain places, sport shooters have a liscence to carry their gun from their house to their club and back, nowhere else. So you can keep guns at home alright, though most people don't, but you can't carry them around legally. 99.9% of folks out there in the street are unarmed. We don't even carry knives anymore. It was still a thing in my young days, to carry a knife around just in case. Not anymore.

I think as a result, while our cops can be assholes, they rarely smoke your ass on the spot like that...
oralloy

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2018 05:15 pm
@Olivier5,
What the cops need to fear though is a bad guy carrying a gun illegally.

If a bad guy in France wants to carry a gun illegally, all he needs to do is acquire a shotgun and cut off the barrel.
oralloy

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2018 05:16 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
I think it would benefit you if you learn more about Ms Hammer before you continue to opine how she follows your collective beliefs about the 2nd A.
She would disagree with Justice Scalia's own opinion written for the majority in Heller.

If you want to refer me to something, I'll read it.
coldjoint

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2018 05:47 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
If you want to refer me to something, I'll read it.

That means he would have to read it too. Laughing
farmerman

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2018 06:08 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
That means he would have to read it too

I suppose I am unlike you pinky, I try not to pull crap from the sky and present it. As you know there is so much about Ms Hammer not to like its hard to decide where she is going .

Shes trying to destroy the 1934 Firearms act (aas modified through time). PS, the NRA was an original backer of the Firearms act of 1934?? Times sure have changed when your leaders try to blow smoke up your collective membership asses.
oralloy

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2018 06:14 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
I suppose I am unlike you pinky, I try not to pull crap from the sky and present it.

Has he posted anything that is incorrect? If so, I haven't noticed.

farmerman wrote:
As you know there is so much about Ms Hammer not to like its hard to decide where she is going.

I bet I will like everything about her.

farmerman wrote:
Shes trying to destroy the 1934 Firearms act (aas modified through time).

What is she trying to do to it?
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2018 06:47 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
when your leaders try to blow smoke up your collective membership asses.

Has the smoke left your ass yet from Hillary's lies? And "collective" is a Democratic, Progressive/Communist word, they do not honor the individual, that is why they lose.