Guns: how much longer will it take ....

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2018 09:57 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:
You have a better answer Walt? By all means, please share with the class.
You can ask me about about the rights and freedoms of the German Basic Law - I might have an answer.
But I barely know the US Constitution - that's why I asked.

I only can guess that being killed due to your freedom is a day-to-day risk.
coldjoint

Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2018 10:10 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
I only can guess that being killed due to your freedom is a day-to-day risk.

I can only guess that freedom is worth every sacrifice necessary to keep it. Europe does not have that freedom, and the way things are going they never will.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2018 10:22 am
@coldjoint,
I understood already that the freedom to use guns and accept killings is worth every sacrifice necessary to keep it.

My limited European intellect is just fixed on laws and the order of constitutional rights here.

0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2018 10:23 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

So who decides that those people, who "are going to die unnecessarily as a result of the rest of us having freedom" have lost their freedom to live?

This was your question Walter. Please gives us your adult answer if you feel my answer was not good enough.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2018 10:26 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

Nope. Most victims probably don't. Lots of people die every day. Some are shot, some OD on drugs, some get in car wrecks, some slip and fall in the bath tub. My rights have nothing to do with them dying.

However, because they die, that doesn't mean others rights should be denied, right? Have bath tubs been banned? Cars? knives, bats, fireplace pokers, screw drivers, or any other thing that kill people?

Get over it.

Your right to own these weapons of mass destruction equates in my mind to Sadam Hussein's right to his weapons of mass destruction.
Baldimo

Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2018 10:26 am
@MontereyJack,
I would think this would be reason enough for someone like you to support the death penalty.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2018 10:27 am
@coldjoint,
Really moral of you to sacrifice othervpeoples' lives but not your own.
Baldimo

Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2018 10:28 am
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
Yes they should. But the ,prison sentence does not restore her to life. THE MURDER ISWHAT WE HAVE TO PREVENT, and you are not doing anything to prevent them from happening in wholesale numbers. You are in fact abetting future murders.

Would this lady be any less dead if he attacked her with a knife? This is why your BS line of reasoning has no reason. You think removing guns from the US is going stop people from being killed, you are wrong.
McGentrix

Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2018 10:30 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Your right to own these weapons of mass destruction equates in my mind to Sadam Hussein's right to his weapons of mass destruction.

Saddam isn't an American and guns are not "weapons of mass destruction". You may want to see a doctor and have your head examined if you believe a rifle is the equivalent to VX gas or some other WMD. Laughing
coldjoint

Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2018 10:34 am
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
Really moral of you to sacrifice othervpeoples' lives

What do morals have to do with this?
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2018 10:34 am
@Baldimo,
It would stop 12000 killings a year. Gun shots are MUCH easier than knives or bombs and more available. That is why people use them.
coldjoint

Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2018 10:38 am
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
That is why people use them....

to defend themselves and their family.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2018 10:46 am
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
It would stop 12000 killings a year. Gun shots are MUCH easier than knives or bombs and more available. That is why people use them.

You have no way to prove 12,000 people a year wouldn't be murdered if guns were banned. If you think guns put a murderous rage into people, then you don't understand people and you shouldn't be allowed near a gun for fear that you could go mad and start killing people for no reason.

There are over 350 million guns in the US, if people who own guns are as violent as you seem to think they are, 12,000 would be a drop in the bucket. There would be hundreds of thousands deaths by guns each year and that isn't the case. In fact as gun ownership has climbed over the last couple of decades, gun crimes have actually gone down.
coldjoint

Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2018 10:56 am
Quote:
This is why we labor so hard to tell people that gun control doesn’t work. It’s because, at best, you get a “moderate” impact on crime and often a massive impact on the rights of the law-abiding who are not and have never been the problem. It doesn’t stop the gangbangers and drug dealers from gunning down entire neighborhoods if they want to. These are people who, even if they haven’t been caught before, are getting guns from the black market and not the local gun store.

But gun control advocates will keep pushing, keep pretending that gun control works despite this study showing that it doesn’t.

Criminals are criminals.
https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/2018/03/20/study-calls-popular-anti-gun-proposals-question/?utm_content=social-g43u8&utm_medium=social&utm_source=SocialMedia&utm_campaign=SocialPilot

0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2018 11:07 am
@Baldimo,
I've seen numbers estimating closer to 270 million guns, and that half of those are owned by just 3% of the population.

0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2018 11:27 am
https://constitution.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Break-Glass-Shooting-600-LA.jpg
https://constitution.com/hot-box/
MontereyJack

Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2018 11:38 am
@coldjoint,
Why do anything to stop murder when you can just bury your head in the sand instead?

coldjoint

Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2018 11:41 am
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
Why do anything to stop murder when you can just bury your head in the sand instead?

I have done nothing to encourage murder, what have you done to stop it? I do not know if whining counts.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2018 11:54 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

You're kidding, right? Murder is illegal, that is one thing we have done. There are plenty of laws regulating fire arms and how/where they can be used...

But, let me clue you in on one little detail...

CRIMINALS DON'T CARE!!!

I am not a criminal and therefore my freedoms do not need to be curtailed.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2018 12:03 pm
@McGentrix,
The owner of such weapons always denies the truth about them.