Guns: how much longer will it take ....

oralloy

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2018 10:56 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
But they weren't. They were killed by guns. They lwould be just as dead if they died of old age. But they didn't. That's the point.

Why does this point matter?

They are just as dead no matter what tool was used to kill them.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2018 10:58 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Wasn't that much of a spree, more of an uptick.

Their armed robbery rates and unarmed robbery rates were roughly double for the next five years.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2018 10:59 am
@sceletera,
sceletera wrote:
Are you arguing that the discussion is not the second amendment and whether guns can be banned under it?

Of course not. I'm pointing out that since you are not offering these rulings as support for your position, they really have no point as far as the discussion goes.

sceletera wrote:
The courts have ruled on several occasions that the guns often referred to as assault weapons have no second amendment protections.

The trivia board is a few doors down.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2018 12:40 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

Another responsible gun owner using his gun for self-defense:
Quote:
Ind. Man Who Fatally Shot Girlfriend After She Rejected His Marriage Proposal Gets 45 Years

So a guy committed a crime and was sentenced to jail?
maporsche

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2018 12:41 pm
@izzythepush,
If he didn’t have the gun the nine year old would have just made a pressure cooker bomb or something. Killers gunna kill, ya know?!
oralloy

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2018 02:38 pm
@maporsche,
I'd say a knife would be a more likely alternate weapon in such a scenario.
oralloy

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2018 02:41 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
In Somalia, the price of an AK47 is two chicken (alive, of course). It does wonders for peace and stability.

Readily available self defense weapons are always a good thing.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2018 03:03 pm
@oralloy,
A pissed-off 9 yr olds is likely to do less damage with a knife than with a gun.
coldjoint

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2018 03:04 pm
Quote:
Parkland survivor Kyle Kashuv recently visited President Donald Trump and First Lady Melania Trump in the White House, but Twitter declined to invite him to a Q&A panel featuring his classmates.

Why? Because he’s pro-gun.

Kind of sums up what Twitter wants people to hear. A dissenting voice is just not necessary because it might question or even prove the heavily financed rhetoric is bullshit.
https://thepoliticalinsider.com/kyle-kashuv-twitter-panel-pro-gun/
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2018 03:07 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
A pissed-off 9 yr olds is likely to do less damage with a knife than with a gun.

Knives are pretty devastating weapons when they are used to attack people.
Olivier5

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2018 03:21 pm
@oralloy,
In the hands of most 9-yr-old they aren't.
coldjoint

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2018 03:38 pm
@Olivier5,
Quote:
In the hands of most 9-yr-old they aren't.

https://static.pjmedia.com/homeland-security/user-content/53/files/2016/04/isisnasheed2.sized-770x415xb.jpg

Ten to one this one has a knife too.
Olivier5

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2018 03:56 pm
@coldjoint,
Ten to one he can kill me with this machine.

But his odds to kill me with a knife are less than 1/10.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2018 04:29 pm
@sceletera,
I think the courts are stretching because of statements like this:
Quote:
That is, “it is the legislature’s job, not ours, to
weigh conflicting evidence and make policy judgments.

Quote:
to assure that, in formulating its
judgments, [the legislature] has drawn reasonable inferences
based on substantial evidence.

So they based their judgement on "conflicting" but "substantial evidence" of one thing looking "like" another.

None of you anti-gunners had said why the AR-15 should be banned but the Ruger Ranch Rifle is ok? I feel the "legislature" based their opinion not on facts but on emotion against something they don't like the look of.

Quote:
If you want to see some twisted and stretched reasoning look at abortion legislation and voter ID laws.

Lets.

Quote:
(In abortion legislation they often ignore actual science

Abortion is the perfect example of stretched and twisted reasoning. Where in the Constitution does it mention the right to abortion? Sure I get the right to privacy as being an aspect of it, but what in the Constitution actually makes Abortion a Constitutional right?

Quote:
voter ID laws will make claims not supported by any facts.)

I don't see a problem with an ID to vote, if I have to have one to purchase a gun, a Constitutional right, then people should have to show ID to vote, another Constitutional right. You might think fraud doesn't exist but with the massive #'s of illegal and legal immigrants who are registered to vote, it doesn't take much for them to break a another law and vote. BTW, I'm against all forms of voter fraud to include people who double vote, which does happen as well.

Quote:
One can at least make the reasonable argument that an AR-15 shares many characteristics of an M16 which makes them "like" each other. The court lays those out in the Maryland case. You can disagree with their conclusion but one can hardly call it twisted reasoning unless you completely ignore all the similarities they cite.

Well, lets see. They both come in black, they have pistol grips, they both take a mag. What else is there? Bayonet lug? Barrel shroud? Those last 2 are stupid and in no way make the AR-15 more deadly then the Ranch Rifle.
Mag size? It looks like the FL shooter was using 10 round mags. What next, ban mags all together or limit them to 5 rounds? This is the creeping of the anti-gun laws. When shootings continue to happen, they will look to limit what is allowed until there are no guns that meet "their standards" and they are all banned. You might call it a slippery slope but that is the slope the anti-gun left stands on.

0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Tue 20 Mar, 2018 03:09 pm
@edgarblythe,
The NRA had zero to do with that shooting. Why do liberal progressives make up lies. Is it to cover for their failed policies, it sure is.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 20 Mar, 2018 05:15 pm
@edgarblythe,
To make up for that, I purchased a new Beretta this past weekend. Is very nice.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Tue 20 Mar, 2018 10:15 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy says
Quote:

Do they think that if they whine at us louder we will relent and allow them to violate our civil rights for no reason?

A million people over the course of your lifetime will have THEIR civil rights violated fatally by the people you armed. THAT is the reason. You are the loudest whiner, with the weakest case, I see.
oralloy

Reply Tue 20 Mar, 2018 10:24 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
A million people over ythe course of your lifetime will have THEIR civil rights violated fatally by the people you armed. THAT is the reason.

Except that isn't the reason. Banning pistol grips will not save a single life.

These whiny brats want to violate civil rights for one reason only: they think it's fun to violate people's civil rights.

MontereyJack wrote:
You are the loudest whiner,

I think you are confused. What whining am I supposedly doing?

MontereyJack wrote:
with the weakest case, I see.

Oh?

In that case you should have no trouble justifying a ban on pistol grips.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Tue 20 Mar, 2018 10:25 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix says:
Quote:
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

Another responsible gun owner using his gun for self-defense:
Quote:
Ind. Man Who Fatally Shot Girlfriend After She Rejected His Marriage Proposal Gets 45 Years

So a guy committed a crime and was sentenced to jail?

Yes. And his girlfriend is DEAD, and his going to jail is not going to change that or bring her back.
oralloy

Reply Tue 20 Mar, 2018 10:27 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Yes. And his girlfriend is DEAD, and his going to jail is not going to change that or bring her back.

So what's your point here? Should murderers spend time in prison or not?