Guns: how much longer will it take ....

coldjoint

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2018 12:59 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
Do they think that if they whine at us louder we will relent and allow them to violate our civil rights for no reason?

Our civil rights do not matter to them. That has been made crystal clear.
coldjoint

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2018 05:46 pm
Quote:
Fact Check: Yes, a Student Was Suspended for Not Participating in the Walkout

That sucks. Tell me again how teachers are not indoctrinating children.
https://www.frontpagemag.com/point/269634/fact-check-yes-student-was-suspended-not-daniel-greenfield#.Wq6q5L1BWoc.twitter
MontereyJack

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2018 08:19 pm
@coldjoint,
More coldjoint nonsense. The kid was not suspended for non demonstratting but because he disobeyed the school's announced plan for keeping non-demonstrators safe by designating a specific area for them to go to. He regused to go there and stayed unsupervised and alone in his classroom. WaPo reports that, of course joint's inflammatory source just bullshits about it.
coldjoint

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2018 08:29 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
Jacob’s father, Scott Shoemaker, said his son was just trying to stay neutral – and did nothing wrong.

So much for the parents input.
https://www.frontpagemag.com/point/269634/fact-check-yes-student-was-suspended-not-daniel-greenfield#.Wq6q5L1BWoc.twitter

And that site posts no more garbage than the NYT does.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2018 08:35 pm
@coldjoint,
joint says
Quote:

Our civil rights do not matter to them. That has been made crystal clear

The violated civil rights of the kds shot and killed seemingly mean nothing to you./ That's the problem. Those are the real cicil rights here, not the pretend ones you keep whining about.
coldjoint

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2018 08:39 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
The violated civil rights of the kds shot and killed seemingly mean nothing to you.

That is a crime a person committed, not a gun. Are you firing on all cylinders?

I have told you before I cannot stop crime. Kind of like you trying to keep guns from criminals, neither are going to happen.
MontereyJack

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2018 09:21 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
That is a crime a person committed, not a gun. Are you firing on all cylinders?

I have told you before I cannot stop crime. Kind of like you trying to keep guns from criminals, neither are going to happen. [/quotYes, thank you. I AM running on all cylinders, but I think mosyt of ours have really bad oil seals. It may surprise you to know that most crime is commited by persons, not for example bears. And around 12000 times a year persons with guns kill somebody, not for ecample by throwing marshmallows at them. Do you begin kto notice a common pattern here. Of course you can't stop crime. But you CAN to some things to stop a lkot of it from hPPENING. aND one thing is controlling guns,, not must throwing up your hands and sying we're powerless. But of course you can oralloy don't give a **** about the people who totally lose their rights and their life by gunshot. And that is one of the most profoundly immoral things I can think of.
coldjoint

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2018 09:23 pm
@MontereyJack,
Feel better?
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2018 09:33 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Those are the real cicil rights here, not the pretend ones you keep whining about.

Best reason to vote for Republicans: liberals think the Bill of Rights is fake.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2018 09:34 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
around 12000 times a year persons with guns kill somebody, not for ecample by throwing marshmallows at them.

Those people would be just as dead if they were killed by knives or bombs.

MontereyJack wrote:
Of course you can't stop crime. But you CAN to some things to stop a lkot of it from hPPENING. aND one thing is controlling guns,, not must throwing up your hands and sying we're powerless.

Preventing access to guns will not reduce crime in any way. Criminals can easily commit crimes using other weapons.

And actually, when Australia did away with their freedom and took away people's gun rights, the result was a five-year-long robbery spree (both armed and unarmed robbery).

Besides, we already have a background check system to try to prevent criminals from acquiring guns.
RABEL222

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2018 11:41 pm
@oralloy,
Be afraid collie. Be very afraid. Their coming after your guns.
oralloy

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2018 12:19 am
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:
Their coming after your guns.

They are going to try.

They are going to fail.

Then they will whine piteously and I will joyously mock them.
MontereyJack

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2018 06:27 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
Those people would be just as dead if they were killed by knives or bombs.

But they weren't. They were killed by guns. They lwould be just as dead if they died of old age. But they didn't. That's the point.
MontereyJack

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2018 06:35 am
@oralloy,
Quote:

And actually, when Australia did away with their freedom and took away people's gun rights, the result was a five-year-long robbery spree (both armed and unarmed robbery).

Besides, we already have a background check system to try to prevent criminals from acquiring gun

Wasn't that much of a spree, more of an uptick. Took 'em a couple years to get rid of the murder weapons. In the ten years since then, the crime rate has continuously gone down to well below what it was before they got rid of the guns. And the problem is the background check system is full of loopholes which we need to plug.
sceletera

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2018 06:51 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

sceletera wrote:
He has simply come up with what he thinks is a clever way to ignore court rulings that show his opinion to be wrong under the law.

The court rulings show no such thing. They are not even being offered in the context of the discussion here.

Are you arguing that the discussion is not the second amendment and whether guns can be banned under it?

The courts have ruled on several occasions that the guns often referred to as assault weapons have no second amendment protections.
http://www.ca4.uscourts.gov/Opinions/Published/141945A.P.pdf
http://caselaw.findlaw.com/us-2nd-circuit/1716013.html
https://www.leagle.com/decision/infco20111004176
sceletera

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2018 07:11 am
@oralloy,
Your comments have degenerated to the point, that I can only grade them as I would any student that made similar arguments.
Your debate style and logic deserve a large
F

See the comments below and attempt to correct the errors in your future attempts at discussion.

oralloy wrote:

sceletera wrote:
Your "facts" are not facts at all.

Yes they are. You are just confounded because you have no answer to them.
Unsupported statement. You have provided no evidence in support of this. You have failed to address your opponents arguments and dismiss them without any argument of your own.

sceletera wrote:
They are nothing but your uniformed[sic] opinion.

Nope. My views are very-highly informed.
Unsupported statement. You have provided no evidence in support of this. Your use of ipse dixit and failure to provide supporting evidence when asked points to you not being well informed and your argument not being well thought out.

sceletera wrote:
I will rely on court rulings for reaching my conclusions since it is the courts that decide Constitutionality.

You've already stated that you are not relying on these court rulings to back up your arguments.
Mischaracterization of the statement that was made by your opponent. This was pointed out to you and you persist in using a partial statement out of context. This also shows a lack of well thought out argument on your part.

sceletera wrote:
Court rulings are hardly idle trivia.

They are when they are not being used to address the issue that is being discussed.
Court rulings clearly have a place in an argument about whether something is constitutional or not. Those same court rulings will be used in any future court ruling. Courts have the final say on what is constitutional. Failure to address what is in the court rulings points to weakness in your argument. Dismissing them with your short unsupported declarative statements is not a valid argument.

sceletera wrote:
Your insistence that court rulings that state a ban on assault weapons is constitutional is trivia shows your lack of understanding of how the law and the Constitution actually work.

No it doesn't.

No such lack of understanding either.
Unsupported statement. You have provided no evidence in support of this. Your statements point out you have no real understanding since you have provided no actual rebuttal.

sceletera wrote:
From the Second Appeals court.

The trivia board is a few doors down from this one.
Not only have you failed to address any issue raised by your opponent you make dismissive comments. This will always result in a failing grade.
MontereyJack

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2018 07:18 am
@oralloy,
Another responsible gun owner using his gun for self-defense:
Quote:
Ind. Man Who Fatally Shot Girlfriend After She Rejected His Marriage Proposal Gets 45 Years
Olivier5

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2018 08:50 am
@oralloy,
So indeed you support less regulations on guns, as do an estimated 4% of Americans...

In Somalia, the price of an AK47 is two chicken (alive, of course). It does wonders for peace and stability.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2018 09:02 am
Quote:
A 13-year-old girl in Mississippi has died after allegedly being shot by her nine-year-old brother over a video game, police say.

They said the boy grabbed a gun on Saturday afternoon after his sister would not give up the controller.

He allegedly shot her from behind, and the bullet entered her brain.

A local sheriff announced on Sunday that the teen had died of her injuries in a Memphis hospital. It was unclear how the boy obtained the gun.

It is also unclear what consequences the nine-year-old will face.

"He's just nine," Monroe County Sheriff Cecil Cantrell told the Clarion Ledger.

"I assume he's seen this on video games or TV. I don't know if he knew exactly what this would do. I can't answer that. I do know it's a tragedy."

The children's mother was in another room, feeding other children lunch at the time of the incident.

Police are still investigating the circumstances of the shooting, including how the weapon - a .25 calibre handgun - was accessed.

"This is all new ground for us, we've never dealt with a kid shooting a kid at age nine," Sheriff Cantrell told local press.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-43455550
oralloy

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2018 10:52 am
@sceletera,
sceletera wrote:
Your comments have degenerated to the point, that I can only grade them as I would any student that made similar arguments.
Your debate style and logic deserve a large
F

Wrong again. My posting of facts that you have no answer for earns me an A+.

sceletera wrote:
See the comments below and attempt to correct the errors in your future attempts at discussion.

No errors on my part. All we have here is your inability to answer any of the facts that I posted.

sceletera wrote:
Unsupported statement. You have provided no evidence in support of this.

If my statement that "you are confounded by your inability to address my facts" is an unsupported statement, then so is your empty and untrue claim that "my facts are not facts", which is what my statement was responding to.

sceletera wrote:
You have failed to address your opponents arguments and dismiss them without any argument of your own.

No such argument exists for me to rebut. You have only been posting trivia that is unrelated to the discussion.

sceletera wrote:
Unsupported statement. You have provided no evidence in support of this. Your use of ipse dixit and failure to provide supporting evidence when asked points to you not being well informed and your argument not being well thought out.

You are lying about me again. I have provided support every single time someone has asked me to back up what I've said.

sceletera wrote:
Mischaracterization of the statement that was made by your opponent. This was pointed out to you and you persist in using a partial statement out of context.

Nope. There was no mischaracterization.

"Citing the courts is not an appeal to authority because the argument is not that I am right because the courts agree with me. Citing the courts is a statement of fact."

http://able2know.org/topic/131081-79#post-6608860

sceletera wrote:
This also shows a lack of well thought out argument on your part.

No it doesn't.

sceletera wrote:
Court rulings clearly have a place in an argument about whether something is constitutional or not.

Not when those rulings are not being offered in support of someone's position in the argument.

sceletera wrote:
Those same court rulings will be used in any future court ruling.

Not necessarily. But irrelevant in any case.

sceletera wrote:
Courts have the final say on what is constitutional. Failure to address what is in the court rulings points to weakness in your argument.

Wrong again. Since these rulings are not being offered in support of your position, there is no need for me to address them at all.

sceletera wrote:
Dismissing them with your short unsupported declarative statements is not a valid argument.

Wrong again. Pointing out that you are making an invalid argument, is a valid argument.

sceletera wrote:
Unsupported statement. You have provided no evidence in support of this.

Wrong again. Yes I have.

sceletera wrote:
Your statements point out you have no real understanding since you have provided no actual rebuttal.

Pointing out that your posting of these court cases is an invalid argument is an actual rebuttal whether you like it or not.

sceletera wrote:
Not only have you failed to address any issue raised by your opponent you make dismissive comments.

A reasonable response to an invalid argument that keeps being repeated despite its invalidity.

sceletera wrote:
This will always result in a failing grade.

Nope. I got an A+ for posting facts that you were unable to respond to.
0 Replies