Guns: how much longer will it take ....

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 15 Apr, 2023 09:12 am
"South Dakota is setting the standard for the most second amendment friendly state in the nation."

Governor Kristi Noem Reassures NRA Audience That Her 2-Year-Old Granddaughter Already Has a Shotgun and Rifle: ‘The Girl is Set Up’
hightor

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2023 03:00 am
More from our nation's finest:

Parody hitman website nabs Air National Guardsman after he allegedly applied for murder-for-hire jobs
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2023 07:28 am
Young lad shot in Kansas City Missouri for ringing the wrong doorbell.

He went to pick his siblings up from a play date but had the address wrong and was shot.

The shooter is white and the victim black which is why he was released after 24 hours.
Mame

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2023 08:00 am
@izzythepush,
By April Rubin
Published April 16, 2023
Updated April 17, 2023, 9:42 a.m. ET

As three police officers responding to a domestic violence call waited outside a home in Farmington, N.M., one of them asked if they had the right address, moments before an armed man answered the door and was shot to death this month, newly released video footage shows.

~~~

And there was another one a day or so prior involving a 78 year old man who was shot - he also held a gun and it was a wrong address.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2023 08:22 am
@Mame,
Mame wrote:
As three police officers responding to a domestic violence call waited outside a home in Farmington, N.M., one of them asked if they had the right address, moments before an armed man answered the door and was shot to death this month, newly released video footage shows.
The police later investigated the initial domestic call and reported no further complications from that location.
0 Replies

revelette1

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2023 08:34 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
Firearms are the leading cause of death for children and teens (ages 1 to 19) in the U.S.

Children and teens in the U.S. experience staggeringly high rates of gun deaths and injuries. They are also harmed when a friend or family member is killed with a gun, when someone they know is shot, and when they witness and hear gunshots. Tragically, children and teens are at heightened risk by guns in the home. The vast majority of child and teen gun homicide deaths and unintentional shooting deaths and injuries occur in the home. More than 80 percent of child suicides involve a gun that belongs to a family member.

https://www.everytown.org/issues/child-teen-safety/

All reasonable people can do is just to keep fighting the fight over the minds of people who vote in these gun happy fools who are in charge of making laws in our country.
Wilso

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2023 11:15 pm
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:

Quote:
Firearms are the leading cause of death for children and teens (ages 1 to 19) in the U.S.

Children and teens in the U.S. experience staggeringly high rates of gun deaths and injuries. They are also harmed when a friend or family member is killed with a gun, when someone they know is shot, and when they witness and hear gunshots. Tragically, children and teens are at heightened risk by guns in the home. The vast majority of child and teen gun homicide deaths and unintentional shooting deaths and injuries occur in the home. More than 80 percent of child suicides involve a gun that belongs to a family member.

https://www.everytown.org/issues/child-teen-safety/

All reasonable people can do is just to keep fighting the fight over the minds of people who vote in these gun happy fools who are in charge of making laws in our country.

Sadly, I think it's over for the US. The reaction is always the same. The way to reduce gun violence is always more guns, and more guns, and more guns.
The violence gets worse, and the answer is always more guns. I seriously don't even know how people are able to live in US society.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 18 Apr, 2023 02:16 am
Another innocent killed for turning into the wrong driveway.

Maybe it's because it happened in NY state or it could be that the victim is white, but the shooter, Kevin Monaghan has been charged with second degree murder.

One thing that can't be denied is that America's gun laws are making Americans terrified of each other.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Tue 18 Apr, 2023 04:16 am
Just a shout out to Mr. Yarl from a fellow bass clarinetist:

Ralph Yarl, 16-year-old bass clarinettist, released from hospital after life-threatening shooting

https://imgs.classicfm.com/images/572630?crop=16_9&width=660&relax=1&signature=iiQrQml_1695pEtyDeJyPWQB5Lc=
revelette1

Reply Tue 18 Apr, 2023 09:01 am
@hightor,
Finally, some good news.
Mame

Reply Tue 18 Apr, 2023 09:41 am
@revelette1,
I hope they sue.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Tue 18 Apr, 2023 04:08 pm
Was observed above. You're "freedom" has made you so terrified of each other that now, if you don't know someone, you shoot them.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-65307556
vikorr

Reply Tue 18 Apr, 2023 04:49 pm
@Wilso,
I'm not sure it's because they are terrified of each other. I've noticed plenty of ideology that goes along with owning a gun, including:
- no one has the right to step onto my property
- you punch me (usually phrased by proponents as 'assault me'), I have the right to shoot you
- if you are seen on CCTV loitering on a building site, I have the right to arm up and hunt you down
- if I don't like the look of you in my estate, I have the right to hunt you down
- if you knock on my car window at night, I have the right to shoot you before I ask any questions
- if I enter what I think is my apartment, despite it being decorated utterly differently from my own apartment one floor down, I have the right to shoot you before I stop to think, ask a question, or do anything else
- if you ask me to put my dog on a leash, vaguely threaten my dog, and you are black, I will tell the police that you black, you threatened me, and I am afraid for my life

These are proactive ideology and tactics, rather than reactions out of terror.
BillW

Reply Tue 18 Apr, 2023 05:56 pm
@vikorr,
"....and you are black" gives a right to shoot first and ask questions later in all situations above. It presupposes "reactions out of terror".
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 18 Apr, 2023 06:13 pm
@vikorr,
So what happens if it's Girl Guides selling cookies? Jeez Louise.

I don't care how old that guy was, there was no reason to a) have a gun at the door, and b) shoot without asking. Couldn't he have looked through the peephole or window or asked "Who is it?" first? I heard they said it was racially motivated even though that wasn't on the charge sheet.

It's so disgusting.

We ALL came from the same damn ancestors.
vikorr

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2023 12:00 am
@Mame,
Keh? My point was that many of these shootings are not done out of terror, but as a result of the ideologies that the shooters hold. Did you not get that I was condemning the idiotic ideologies that allow peoples brains to justify them shooting other people in unjustifiable situations?

Mame

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2023 08:06 am
@vikorr,
I was merely adding to what you'd said.
0 Replies

revelette1

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2023 08:29 am
Read the first paragraph of this article, the mindset we in the US is just so wrong to say the very least.

Quote:
JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (AP) — Andrew Lester had already gone to bed when the doorbell rang a little before 10 p.m. He got up, grabbed a gun and went to check it out. Seeing a Black male appearing to pull the handle of the front door, police say the 84-year-old white man opened fire. No questions asked.

AP

Is this what people do now in the US? You hear your doorbell or a knock at the door at night, you grab a gun?
izzythepush

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2023 01:51 pm
In North Carolina a six year old girl and her father were shot after her basketball rolled into a neighbour's yard.

The perpetrator, Robert Singletary, was charged in December with assaulting his girlfriend with a miniature sledgehammer and keeping her prisoner for two hours while she was bleeding.

He was still allowed to own a gun.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2023 06:35 am

https://iili.io/H8JS1xj.jpg
0 Replies