Guns: how much longer will it take ....

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2022 08:08 am
I don't care about all the hair splitting posts over guns. We all know which ones are conducive to most mass killings and we all know what ought to be done about it.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2022 08:18 am
@McGentrix,
So no gun crimes is the only solution for you.

We have gun crimes over here, but not the daily mass shootings you're so fond of.

Killing children, and sexually assaulting children is wrong.

And the life of a child is more important than some pathetic cockroach's need to have a gun so they can feel big.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2022 08:24 am
@Walter Hinteler,
I laughed because criminals commit crimes and do not care about what the law says. All unnecessary laws do is hurt the law abiding citizens.

Don't you have very tight restrictions on guns though? Yet, criminals still use guns... How is that possible Walter?
izzythepush

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2022 08:33 am
@McGentrix,
You're all law abiding until you start mass shooting.

You were laughing because youknow that nothing can be done to stop the daily slaughter of children by the NRA.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2022 08:40 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:
Don't you have very tight restrictions on guns though? Yet, criminals still use guns... How is that possible Walter?
I don't think that we have tight restrictions (nor does the police), but compared to the USA: we have - like any other country in the world.

Criminals use guns which they got legally or illegally here.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2022 08:40 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

You have very tight restrictions on speeding yet motorists still break the speed limit. How is that possible Mac?
Glennn

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2022 08:43 am
@izzythepush,
Yup. And we all know it's the car's fault, don't we?
McGentrix

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2022 08:43 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

I don't think that we have tight restrictions (nor does the police), but compared to the USA: we have - like any other country in the world.

Criminals use guns which they got legally or illegally here.

Like any country in the world? Laughing
izzythepush

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2022 08:46 am
@Glennn,
America is unique in its level of gun violence.

Mass shootings occur every week.

It doesn't happen in any other liberal democracy, only in America.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2022 08:51 am
@McGentrix,
Well, the United States, with less than 5 percent of the world’s population, has about 50 percent of the world’s civilian-owned guns.
There must be a reason.
Glennn

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2022 08:51 am
@izzythepush,
Yeah, I was looking into the list of mass shootings. People coming out of a concert see that their cars have been vandalized. Two guys in a car speed off as they fired at the crowd.

Why is that called a mass shooting when you know that calling it that gives the impression that someone planned on using a gun to kill as many people as possible because they're nuts.

By the way, why didn't heads roll at the FBI when they ignored many red flag warnings that allowed Nikolas Cruz to do what he did? Why is that overlooked by antigun folks?
McGentrix

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2022 08:55 am
@Walter Hinteler,
The US definitely has a gun culture. It is ingrained in our culture. It is a right defined since the countries founding.

5 percent, but the third most populous.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2022 09:00 am
@Glennn,
Because it's a **** hole country with **** hole police.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2022 09:01 am
@McGentrix,
The right to butcher children is very important to you.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2022 09:03 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:
It is a right defined since the countries founding.
To what countries are you referring besides the USA?
Glennn

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2022 09:07 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
**** hole police.

So, since the FBI was responsible for the Cruz shooting (by not doing anything when people were showing and telling them what Cruz was going to do), we need to see that addressed.
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2022 09:10 am
@izzythepush,
Was the right to ignore a kid and let him shoot up a school very important to the FBI? If not, why did they ignore him?
McGentrix

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2022 09:11 am
@Walter Hinteler,
I only speak of America Walter. Although Mexico, Haiti, and Guatemala also enshrine the right to bear arms in their constitutions.

I was only referring the the USA.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2022 09:15 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:
I was only referring the the USA.
My bad - as a non-native English speaker I obviously got confused with your use of the plural.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2022 10:05 am
I read this as an answer to "Why do you think there are so many mass shootings in America?"

I think it is a decent answer.

Quote:

To expand a bit with my own thinking, the United States, in pursuit of that individualistic goal of gaining money (capital), the societal pressures have fractured communities and families into increasingly smaller units to promote competition.

The nuclear family, that is, parents and their minor children in a household, is relatively new to the human experience. It used to be you lived with several generations under a single roof. Before that people lived with clans and tribes.

Now we're all broken apart. A socially adapted species that created a society where socialization and communal living in all its forms is either monetized, demonized, or discouraged.

We put grandparents in homes so we can work and not be bothered with their lives or care. The system drains all their wealth to make sure nothing passes down. (Medicare won't pay for it until you're flat broke. This destroyed my grandpa, a survivor of the Great Depression, who was hugely money conscious his whole life but whose wife was struck down by an incompetent doctor and several strokes.)

Without grandparents to help, childcare falls to strangers in day cares and later school. (I am the child of teachers and a former teacher myself, school should be more than a warehouse for kids, but that's where we're at.) This drains resources from working parents.

We live in neighborhoods of largely strangers as we try to desperately form those missing connections with lives online. There are no aunts or uncles houses to visit down the road. There are no cousins coming over to play.

We live alone with a tiny family unit and outsource our literal heritage as a species to strangers so that we can earn money to put into the system that created and perpetuates the lie that everyone must work all the time. Your child must attend school for a work day and then come home with more work to do. When they're a newly minted adult they're told to leave and join the work force or go to college and get saddled with immense debt. Our mothers and fathers live in quiet childless retirement until they're unable to care for themselves and are put away so the system can slowly, inevitably, drain the rest of them away.

People are lonely and radicalized by the online world because the community they seek, the companionship, the socialization, has been stamped out by a world in which those things couldn't be properly monetized. Families have to live in their own homes alone so that their parents and children can go out and buy more homes and things to fill those houses.

The prices go up and up and up but pay never does. The pressure builds, and then when it's become impossible to prosper, they do the only thing they can: buy a gun, lash out, burn bright for a second, and then wither away.
0 Replies