Guns: how much longer will it take ....

izzythepush

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2022 10:21 am
@Glennn,
It's your **** hole police force not mine.

They're probably NRA members, you know how they get off on school shootings.
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2022 03:11 pm
@Glennn,
Quote:

Yeah, I know. I claimed that the police are not as worried about AR-15s as other people believe. You didn't believe me. So I showed you the survey that indicates exactly that. The survey did not support your view; it supported mine. You're going to have to deal with that.
I've no issue dealing with that - I even explained how I would answer the same as them. Yet you keep repeating your mantra...because it appears you feel it is the only safe ground you can reply on.

In comparison, you have an issue dealing the the fact your survey has nothing to do with the specific issues people have with ar15 style rifles - given you continually avoid replying to these points in my posts, no matter how many times I've mentioned them.

Intellectual avoidance while trying to sound like you know what you are talking about.
BillW

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2022 09:26 pm
@vikorr,
Continued avoidance means agreement with your stance!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2022 06:59 am
https://i.imgur.com/9FGkcsC.jpg
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2022 08:50 am

THE 28th AMENDMENT
My proposal to repeal and replace the 2nd Amendment

Michael Moore
Jul 10

XXVIII AMENDMENT
SECTION 1.
The inalienable right of a free people to be kept safe from gun violence and the fear thereof must not be infringed and shall be protected by the Congress and the States. This Amendment thus repeals and replaces the Second Amendment.

SECTION 2.
Congress shall create a mandatory system of firearm registration and licensing for the following limited purposes: (a) licensed hunters of game; (b) licensed ranges for the sport of target shooting; and (c) for the few who can demonstrate a special need for personal protection.

All who seek a firearm will undergo a strict vetting process with a thorough background check, including the written and confidential approval of family members, spouses and ex-spouses and/or partners and ex-partners, co-workers and neighbors. A mental health check will also be required. There will be a waiting period of one month to complete the full background check.

SECTION 3.
Those who meet all the requirements for the restricted gun owners groups and successfully pass the background check must take a firearms safety class and pass a written test on an annual basis.

SECTION 4.
The minimum age for the restricted groups who can own a firearm is 25 years old. Renewal and review of the firearms license will occur on an annual basis.

SECTION 5.
Congress will stipulate and continually update the limited list of approved firearms for civilian use, including weapons in the future that are not yet invented. The following firearms are heretofore banned:

• All automatic and semi-automatic weapons and all devices which can enable a single-shot gun to fire automatically or semi-automatically;

• Any weapon that can hold more than six bullets or rounds at a time or any magazine that holds more than six bullets;

• All guns made of plastic or any homemade equipment and machinery or a 3D printer that can make a gun or weapon that can take a human life.

SECTION 6.
Congress shall regulate all ammunition, capacity of ammunition, the storage of guns, gun locks, gun sights, body armor and the sale and distribution of such items. No weapons of any kind whose sole intention is the premeditated elimination of human life are considered legal. Congress may create future restrictions as this amendment specifically does not grant any American the “right” to own any weapon.

SECTION 7.
Police who are trained and vetted to use firearms shall be subject to comprehensive and continuous monitoring and shall be dismissed if found to exhibit any racist or violent behavior.

SECTION 8.
Persons already owning any of the above banned firearms, and who do not fall into the legal groups of restricted firearms owners, will have one month from the ratification of this Amendment to turn in their firearms for destruction by local law enforcement. These local authorities may organize a gun buy-back program to assist in this effort.
(The above constitutional amendment was written by Michael Moore of Michigan and presented to the 117th United States Congress on July 11, 2022)
MontereyJack

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2022 08:51 am
@McGentrix,
Now there's a really potent arghument for gun "rights", because Mexico, Haiti amnd Guatemala do. Three of our near neighbors with a huge violent murderous drug cartel economy endangering the country, and two with enddemic murderous gang violence rampant. Way to underuct your own argument.
PoliteMight

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2022 10:46 am
@MontereyJack,
Lets understand something about those places.

Mexico ( I assume you mean the entire of Central America mainland ) is only that way because US dust cropped ( spray ) toxins on their crops. When those was imported into the United States tons of people who smoke weed got sick.

Again in Mexico in the past as with the invention of Peanut Butter ( Carver ), he had planned to open a plant in Mexico for processing. However he had to go to court to get it open.

St. Salvadorian warfare led to many of former military fleeing into the United States as refugees. Nobody helped them and discriminated and was racist towards them. Eventually these people evolved into the M-13 gang that was constantly in the news.

Haiti - Since the French withdraw after it was over-thrown by the slaves. Haiti was closed of for trade by many countries ( European / White nations ), and that is why it slipped into poverty. Only with help from Dominica Republic did Haiti actually stay afloat and traders willing to do business with the nation. Rap music and Haiti changing it's system of leadership in the 1990's is the greatest downfall of Haiti. If not then especially the earthquake which nobody did anything if anything to help them recover. That is why it is in the state that it is in today. In fact in terms of trade with Domonica via markets they prevent Haitians from going where they want asides one specific path. Many Haiti people still live in a form servitude where children are exchange and used as servants in other peoples houses, to even many becoming security or military. In the US however due to that fact many Haitians excel having living in harsh conditions. The former president of Nintendo parents are form Haitian military commanders and fled the nation fearing and knowing mindless war.

Guatemala - did not want the canal be built but the US forced via damaging the powers ( leader ) structure to get the Canal built. This caused tons of problems with Guatemala being able to live proficiently and normally, along with many other problems produced in South America itself.

United States did next to nothing to deal with the Mexican immigrants and allow them to fall into proverty and thus forming gangs.

United States gas the crops and then called it a drug problem after it was done. United States caused bad ( not good for consumption ) drugs to enter the nation and all this bs with the so called drug war ( which was still racism ).

United States ignored Haiti and rather friendship with France. Oh and with that Earthquake next to nothing was done. Even Puerto Rico got much attention and Dominica gets along with the United States.

United States caused the poverty of Guatemala with the construction of the canal not caring about that specific nation itself.
0 Replies

PoliteMight

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2022 10:51 am
@edgarblythe,
That is so pathetic. We need our guns to protect us from the day when the government makes dumb laws that infarcts on our daily living.

I do blame Zionist Israel in part.

These people are nuts. They are so brainwashed and alienated into racism with only the men being able to enjoy any of it all.

It is like "They Live" your selling out your own kind so some monster could use and abuse you for their own lively hood and happiness. Not only that to walk all over your sadness and disgusted.

I know you like a good woman. You stay indoors, call when your called, speak when your spoken to, Love your belly rubs, and enjoys living inside of a box, and being called a pet. Right?

Men and women are never equal and was never meant to be equal. If so nothing would work out and people would live in misery.
McGentrix

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2022 02:43 pm
@edgarblythe,
Wow, Michael Moore is Going all in on Nazism.

We will never have a federal gun registry in America. We will never have a forced gun buyback in the US either. 98% of the guns will have been lost in boating accidents.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2022 02:57 pm
@McGentrix,
Whatever, dude. He nailed it gunwise.
McGentrix

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2022 02:58 pm
@edgarblythe,
You didn't watch the video, huh?
McGentrix

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2022 02:59 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

Now there's a really potent arghument for gun "rights", because Mexico, Haiti amnd Guatemala do. Three of our near neighbors with a huge violent murderous drug cartel economy endangering the country, and two with enddemic murderous gang violence rampant. Way to underuct your own argument.

I added them so that if I said "The US is the only nation with the right to bear arms ingrained as a right." I wouldn't get some pissant liberal going "What about these countries? You don't know what you are talking about blah blah blah"
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2022 03:01 pm
@PoliteMight,
It is the Bill of Rights, not the Bill of Needs.

We have guns because they are a right accepted by the country's founding. They are not a need, a want or anything else. It is our right, just as it is our right to all of the other thing in the Bill of Rights.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2022 04:22 pm
@McGentrix,
I don't need no stinkin video to know who is stocking up on people killers. I just want those people killers gone.
Below viewing threshold (view)
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2022 11:12 pm
@McGentrix,
I wholly endorse Moore's amendment to the constitution exactly as worded.
McGentrix

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2022 08:16 am
@edgarblythe,
shocking
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2022 10:34 am
@edgarblythe,
The only thing that's shocking is the amount of mass shootings in America.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2022 04:50 am

https://iili.io/w1a5hv.jpg
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2022 07:10 pm
I've managed to make it 56 years and 9 months without needing an AR15. Is it because I'm not free, or because I don't live in a f@cking war zone?

My children have never done an active shooter drill at school.

And what does that say about your country?