Guns: how much longer will it take ....

mysteryman

Reply Sun 21 Apr, 2013 06:53 pm
@RABEL222,
Show where I have ever advocated killing without reason or cause.
RABEL222

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2013 08:06 am
@mysteryman,
In order to do that I would have to go back and read your stuff. I just dont have the stomach for it.
mysteryman

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2013 08:34 pm
@RABEL222,
So in other words, you know I have never done so but wanted to make a baseless accusation because I disagree with you.
Now that you got called on it you back down.
RABEL222

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2013 10:19 pm
@mysteryman,
OK MM. Your right. Rather than waste my time argueing with you I will admit that you are a God like personage who can do no wrong.
mysteryman

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2013 03:26 pm
@RABEL222,
I never said that either. I have done many things wrong in my life, but I have never advocated killing if it wasnt necessary or warranted.
And that is the claim you made about me, that I have done so.

Its up to you to prove your claim.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2013 10:34 am
A new washington post/pew poll has 47% unhappy with the Senate for rejecting tougher gun laws and 39% happy.....claims that the peoples will has been violated have been greatly exaggerated.
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2013 03:01 pm
@hawkeye10,

Obama and his fellow libtards failed, they never had the support of the people and they knew it from day one.
The American people do not want more gun control, they want enforcement of existing (pre-Newtown) laws,
lower taxes and a government that spends less tax payer dollars
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 2 May, 2013 12:11 pm
@H2O MAN,
For the record:
Note my objection to the enforcement
of ANY unConstitutional laws, including
laws that violate the 2nd Amendment
or violate the Constitutional requirement of EQUAL PROTECTION OF THE LAWS,
as licensure does. Constitutionally, government has NO JURISDICTION
in that area of personal liberty (the NRA to the contrary notwithstanding).

Meaning no disrespect,
u lean too far toward liberalism for my taste, Waterman.

David
parados

Reply Thu 2 May, 2013 12:13 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
That's interesting David. You oppose any unconstitutional laws but promote banishment of US citizens. Your view of the Constitution is rather odd.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 2 May, 2013 12:29 pm
@parados,
Permit me to clarify:
My wish for banishment of violently recidivistic felons
is not the product of Constitutional analysis,
but rather it represents (in part) my desiderata
for the execution of justice and safety in America.

IF that requires amendment of the Constitution:
so be it.

David
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2018 02:39 pm
https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/14/us/florida-school-shooting/index.html?sr=twCNN021418florida-school-shooting0325PMStory
oralloy

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2018 02:48 pm
@ehBeth,
The TV is showing live (I think) coverage of kids running from the school right now.

You might want to start a new thread. People might not realize that a post at the end of this thread is breaking news.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2018 07:19 pm
@oralloy,
It's not news. It is just another murder of children in America.

Record-keeping. Not news.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2018 07:27 pm
https://scontent.fhou1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/27751847_2243779212331070_7890484107409027288_n.jpg?oh=2cf4b39292c57a8543fb87095f3f222e&oe=5B0E477F
Ticomaya

Reply Thu 15 Feb, 2018 07:23 am
Another nut-job kills kids and leftists again lose their minds as they continue to irrationally think outlawing guns will solve the problem.
Setanta

Reply Thu 15 Feb, 2018 07:35 am
Of course, gun control is not the same as outlawing guns. Another senseless slaughter and conservatives line up to spout irrelevant and false characterizations of gun control.
revelette1

Reply Thu 15 Feb, 2018 07:39 am
@Ticomaya,
Are there no nut jobs in other countries where the availability of guns is not so prevalent? Are there no depressed students in other countries with sensible gun laws?

Quote:
Sen. Chris Murphy said Wednesday that Congress bears responsibility for the "epidemic of mass slaughter" in the US, addressing the Senate floor while news of a school shooting unfolded in Florida.

"This epidemic of mass slaughter, this scourge of school shooting after school shooting," Murphy said, "it only happens here not because of coincidence, not because of bad luck, but as a consequence of our inaction. We are responsible for a level of mass atrocity that happens in this country with zero parallel anywhere else."

The Connecticut Democrat has been an outspoken supporter of gun control legislation for years, representing the state where the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting occurred in 2012, in which 20 children were fatally shot. Murphy began his floor speech Wednesday by highlighting that "this happens nowhere else other than the United States of America."

"As a parent, it scares me to death that this body doesn't take seriously the safety of my children, and it seems like a lot of parents in South Florida are going to be asking that same question later today," he said. "We pray for the families, for the victims. We hope for the best."

Murphy has criticized his fellow members of Congress for inaction before, notably after the largest mass shooting in modern American history, in Las Vegas last October.

"It's time for Congress to get off its ass and do something," Murphy said in a statement then.

CNN

My fifteen year old granddaughter who temporarily lives with me, told me yesterday she is starting to be scared in school. Not too very far from where live, there was a recent school shooting. Now she is different from me, she is more like her folks on her dad side who are all republicans and gun enthusiasts. I had no words to comfort her. I suppose I could have said, well, if they had more teachers with guns or some such thing, but, I do not want that for her in school. Perhaps more trained guards with guns in more schools would also be an answer as well as better background checks and get rid of those things in guns which turns guns into guns which can kill so many people so quickly. In any event, I didn't want to have a gun debate with my own granddaughter.
oralloy

Reply Thu 15 Feb, 2018 01:00 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
Of course, gun control is not the same as outlawing guns. Another senseless slaughter and conservatives line up to spout irrelevant and false characterizations of gun control.

Since the only goal of gun control advocates is banning guns, it is in fact the same.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 15 Feb, 2018 01:03 pm
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:
Are there no depressed students in other countries with sensible gun laws?

Why are civil rights violations always referred to as "sensible" by people who favor violating civil rights?

It never fails.
MontereyJack

Reply Thu 15 Feb, 2018 02:56 pm
@oralloy,
Why do you always side with the murderers?