Guns: how much longer will it take ....

oralloy

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2021 03:31 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
laws that ban assault-style semi-auto weapons are about banning assault-style semiauto weapons. Period.

Assault weapons by definition have either full-auto or burst-fire capability.

There is no such thing as a semi-auto assault weapon.

You are referring to laws against pistol grips.

MontereyJack wrote:
And the majority of the country is for much stricter laws governing those and similar weapons.

"Stricter guns laws" is a nonsense phrase with no actual meaning.

It doesn't matter what the majority of the country wants.

MontereyJack wrote:
And we have a president who owes nothing to the nra because the majority of the country elected him despite the nra.

He doesn't have to owe anything to the NRA.

He merely has to surrender when the NRA defeats him.

MontereyJack wrote:
His admn is looking into ways to issue executive orders on gun control that cannot be reversed.

There is very little that can be achieved by an executive order.

All executive orders can be reversed.

MontereyJack wrote:
If they get something, the nra is toast.

The NRA is fine.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2021 03:47 pm
@oralloy,
Kiwis faced with one massacre did the sensible thing, as i understand from the skjetchy news reports we get here, and banned all semi-autos with detachable magazines, with mandatory buybacks. It won't solve our problem, but it'd be a strong incremental step toward ding so. ThAt's what i've advocated, and **** the nra.
oralloy

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2021 04:02 pm
@MontereyJack,
That's what you have advocated recently. But you used to advocate bans on pistol grips.

The other progressives are still focused on trying to ban pistol grips. You should convince them to change.
oralloy

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2021 04:03 pm
@MontereyJack,
It was hardly sensible of New Zealand, as semi-auto rifles with five round magazines are not a problem.

They should have just limited rifle magazines to five rounds.
MontereyJack

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2021 08:36 pm
@oralloy,
Sure they are. As thevideo I posted showed, a semi autos with five shot Yes they are a problem since the video i posted shows a semikautio with a number of five-shot magazines can fire a hundred aimed shots in about a minute and a half, since a mag change only takes about a second if you're practiced. And that is clearly in the mass murder range. Lethal is letha;. NX gotit right. Go Jacinta.
MontereyJack

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2021 08:47 pm
@oralloy,
false. i have called you on your loopy fixatoon on pistol grips since you started it. the links you posted don't say what you say they say. it's [urely your silly opoinion of what you wrongly think i was saying, nokt what i was actually saying. as usual, you're wrongp. No one other than you thinks it's about pistol grips. it's just your failed attempt autistically repeated to deflect.
oralloy

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2021 09:01 pm
@MontereyJack,
Here is a post where you praised the outlawing of pistol grips:
https://able2know.org/topic/203766-209#post-5227079

And yes, a law against pistol grips is about pistol grips.
oralloy

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2021 09:04 pm
@MontereyJack,
Your videos did not address five round rifle magazines. I am skeptical that it would be easy to carry out a massacre changing five round rifle magazines over and over.

Your videos also showed that magazine limits are pointless with handguns because changing from one revolver to another is just as fast as a magazine change. A guy carrying 30 revolvers on him doesn't need to change a single magazine.

MontereyJack

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2021 10:17 pm
@oralloy,
the vids prove my points.time it for yourself. "onr misissippi, two mississi[ppi",
"one thousand, two thousand, three thousand". a magazine change takes about a second, handgun or rifle. Amd why wouldn't any bans include semi-auto handguns with detachable magazines.. I would be amenable to starting small, just semi auto rifles and handguns with detachable magazines, and see how that works. If it doesn't, get mokre serious. And thirty revolvers loaded would weigh about thirty five or forty poinds and be exceedingly awkward to dcarry, and even in the old wild west, you had to check your handgunat the sheriff's office. So it's been done before. Time to do it again. lethsl is lethal.
MontereyJack

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2021 10:36 pm
@oralloy,
false. i was applauding the broadening of criteria for banning assault style weapons. don't try to put your words in my mouth.

And yes, a law that says specifically it's about banning weapons IS about banning WEAPONS, not grips.> Don't try to play word games. you're not very good at it.
oralloy

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2021 04:20 am
@MontereyJack,
Wrong. Laws against pistol grips are about pistol grips.

And in that post you praised a law against pistol grips.
oralloy

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2021 04:25 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
the vids prove my points. time it for yourself.

The videos do not address five-round rifle magazines.

MontereyJack wrote:
And why wouldn't any bans include semi-auto handguns with detachable magazines..

Because the videos prove that there is no point to banning large handgun magazines.

Carrying a bunch of revolvers allows people to fire just as fast.

MontereyJack wrote:
And thirty revolvers loaded would weigh about thirty five or forty pounds and be exceedingly awkward to carry,

No worse than the same amount of firepower contained in detachable magazines.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2021 10:58 am
@oralloy,
If yyou want to argue that a bunch of revolvers are just about as capable of commiting mass murder and violating civil rughts as assault-style rifles and pistols, I have no argument with banning them as ell as the assault-style weapons. Murder is not a civil liberty.
oralloy

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2021 11:06 am
@MontereyJack,
Assault weapons were outlawed nearly 90 years ago. No one is comparing anything to them.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2021 12:43 pm
https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Scott_CCR_Featured_5-31-19.jpg
AR15 pistol? That ain't no pistol, that's a sawed off M16!
oralloy

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2021 02:49 pm
@BillW,
I know a lot of people like them, but I can't imagine firing a 5.56/.223 from a short barrel. The hit you take to terminal performance is way too much for my taste.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2021 09:58 am
@oralloy,
wrong on both counts. as always.
oralloy

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2021 01:35 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
wrong on both counts.

Not wrong. Laws against pistol grips are about pistol grips.

You are on record praising laws against pistol grips.

MontereyJack wrote:
as always.

You talk and you talk and you talk and you talk. You never back up anything that you say.

You cannot provide any example of me ever being wrong.
MontereyJack

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2021 04:53 pm
@oralloy,
Once again you're wrong on both counts.. make three charges and yhou will be wrong on three counts. As always.
oralloy

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2021 05:17 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Once again you're wrong on both counts.. make three charges and you will be wrong on three counts.

Progressives sure do hate facts and reality. You're the only one who is wrong.

Laws against pistol grips are about pistol grips.

And you have openly praised laws against pistol grips.

MontereyJack wrote:
As always.

You're a fraud. You cannot point out any place where I am wrong anywhere.