Guns: how much longer will it take ....

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2021 06:19 am

https://iili.io/qVvZqF.jpg
oralloy

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2021 01:47 pm
@Region Philbis,
Perhaps society should provide the downtrodden with better support so they don't have as many bad days?

I know, that's a leftist position. But there's a reason I'm still a Democrat. Not every leftist idea is a bad one.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2021 02:38 pm
Following today’s events Satan has just confirmed renewing his membership of the NRA.
Borat Sister

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2021 05:03 pm
@izzythepush,
Whoa. Biden is indicating he wants to change the laws on assault weapons.

He’s brave. Good luck.
oralloy

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2021 05:17 pm
@Borat Sister,
Mr. Biden is lying. Assault weapons were restricted here 35 years ago.

What Mr. Biden really wants to do is restrict ordinary hunting rifles.

The NRA won't let him do that, so there is nothing to worry about.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2021 07:41 pm
@Borat Sister,
In 1994, during the Clinton Administration, Biden helped pass the Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Use Protection Act, otherwise known as the Federal Assault Weapons Ban. In a response today to the shootings Biden said, “I got that done when I was a senator. It passed, we should do it again.”
oralloy

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2021 08:02 pm
@InfraBlue,
Mr. Biden is bad news when it comes to civil liberties.

He also illustrates how the gun banners always lie. Not only is it a lie (both then and now) to claim that this legislation has anything to do with assault weapons, but Mr. Biden also lied when he campaigned on a promise that he only wanted to register these guns without banning them.
glitterbag

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2021 08:10 pm
There you have it folks.
oralloy

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2021 08:17 pm
@glitterbag,
It's nothing to worry about. The NRA will not allow Mr. Biden to violate our civil liberties.
MontereyJack

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2021 09:26 pm
@oralloy,
[ight civil liberties. Like those true patriots and defenders of america who exercised their civil liberties in boulder and atlants.. Nothing says civil liberty like a good old-fashioned massacre and mass shooting; You're an inspiration to us all foryour unfaltering defense of civil liberties and mass murder, oralloy.
InfraBlue

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2021 10:20 pm
@oralloy,
Wrong. This legislation has everything to do with assault weapons. If anything, it didn't go far enough in the banning of assault weapons.

Biden's presidential campaign website lists the banning of the manufacture and sale of assault weapons and high-capacity magazines as part of his platform.
oralloy

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2021 12:55 am
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
Wrong. This legislation has everything to do with assault weapons. If anything, it didn't go far enough in the banning of assault weapons.

Not wrong. Aside from misleadingly putting the name in its title, this legislation does not address assault weapons in any way whatsoever.

This legislation is an attempt to ban a bunch of ordinary hunting rifles.

Assault weapons were banned nearly 90 years ago.

InfraBlue wrote:
Biden's presidential campaign website lists the banning of the manufacture and sale of assault weapons and high-capacity magazines as part of his platform.

I stand corrected. Mr. Biden hates the Constitution even more than I thought he did.
oralloy

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2021 12:56 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Right civil liberties. Like those true patriots and defenders of america who exercised their civil liberties in boulder and atlanta.. Nothing says civil liberty like a good old-fashioned massacre and mass shooting; You're an inspiration to us all for your unfaltering defense of civil liberties and mass murder, oralloy.

Don't be silly. Preventing you from outlawing pistol grips had nothing to do with any massacre, mass shooting, or mass murder.
oralloy

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2021 02:01 am
I'm in the mood to engage in virtue signaling. Twisted Evil

To show how much I care about preventing drunk driving, I propose that we pass a law mandating that all cars be colored gray from now on.

Who's with me?
MontereyJack

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2021 02:53 am
@oralloy,
you really think your prattle about alleged civil liberties vioation isn't virtue signaling?
oralloy

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2021 03:01 am
@MontereyJack,
No. Our freedom is vital.

Will you join me in pressing for a law requiring that all cars be gray colored? It will show that you care about the victims of drunk driving.
MontereyJack

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2021 03:26 am
@oralloy,
as long as you maintain your silly insistence that this is somehow about pistol grips, you guarantee you won't be taken seriously. .yhere was a recent statistic that ar-15s figured in a quarter of mass shootings alll by th emselves. get sa better argument or you will inevitably lose., and the debate seems to be moving against them now. sooner or later you're gonna lose. biden and the dems owe nothing to the nra, and 90% of the electorate wants increased background checks. Get a rational argum\.
MontereyJack

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2021 03:27 am
@oralloy,
stupid, totally stupid.
oralloy

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2021 03:36 am
@MontereyJack,
Why don't you care about the victims of drunk driving?
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2021 03:45 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
as long as you maintain your silly insistence that this is somehow about pistol grips,

There is nothing silly about adhering to facts and reality.

When you press for a law against pistol grips, it's about pistol grips.

MontereyJack wrote:
you guarantee you won't be taken seriously.

When progressives refuse to take facts and reality seriously, progressives lose.

MontereyJack wrote:
There was a recent statistic that ar-15s figured in a quarter of mass shootings all by themselves.

So what? The victims would be just as dead if they were killed with a weapon that lacked pistol grips.

MontereyJack wrote:
get a better argument

There is no better argument than facts and reality.

MontereyJack wrote:
or later you're gonna lose.

No chance of that. Facts and reality always wins the day.

MontereyJack wrote:
biden and the dems owe nothing to the nra, and 90% of the electorate wants increased background checks.

90% of the electorate is going to be disappointed when you derail the background check bill for me by making the fight all about pistol grips.

Thanks for your help.

MontereyJack wrote:
Get a rational argum\.

Facts and reality are the most rational argument possible.
0 Replies