Guns: how much longer will it take ....

izzythepush

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2021 03:49 am
Al Qaida has thanked the NRA for its tireless efforts in ensuring its operatives have access to military grade hardware.

Their dedication to the slaughter of ordinary American citizens is truly humbling.
oralloy

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2021 03:57 am
@izzythepush,
What is military grade hardware? The English longbow?

The NRA has never contributed to anyone's death.
0 Replies

NealNealNeal

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2021 05:24 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

[ight civil liberties. Like those true patriots and defenders of america who exercised their civil liberties in boulder and atlants.. Nothing says civil liberty like a good old-fashioned massacre and mass shooting; You're an inspiration to us all foryour unfaltering defense of civil liberties and mass murder, oralloy.

You refuse to acknowledge that many people own a gun for PROTECTION. This is why I have owned a gun for a year.
Contrary to the silly claim of Izzy, I have no intention of using my gun for any form of offense. It is used by me for protection.
hightor

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2021 05:29 am
@NealNealNeal,
Quote:
It is used by me for protection.

Have you ever used it?

Who are you afraid of?
izzythepush

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2021 05:29 am
The NRA nonces are in a bit of a bind which is why they’re so quiet. We all know they support mass shootings especially school shootings, but the perpetrator is usually white. The Colorado shooter has an Islamic name so they really don’t know what to say because they’re also a bunch of Islamophobic bigots.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2021 05:31 am
@hightor,
They’re scared of everything, Oralloy is too scared to step out of his front door without being tooled up. Toddlers are an ever present danger to lawns.
hightor

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2021 07:40 am
Quote:
The Second Amendment to the Constitution is one simple sentence: “A well regulated militia, being necessary for the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.” There’s not a lot to go on about what the Framers meant, although in their day, to “bear arms” meant to be part of an organized militia.

As the Tennessee Supreme Court wrote in 1840, “A man in the pursuit of deer, elk, and buffaloes might carry his rifle every day for forty years, and yet it would never be said of him that he had borne arms; much less could it be said that a private citizen bears arms because he has a dirk or pistol concealed under his clothes, or a spear in a cane.”

substack
oralloy

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2021 08:31 am
@hightor,
By all means let's bring back the militia.

Militiamen have the right to have machine guns and grenade launchers (and the associated ammo), and the right to keep them at home.

I'd love to have a closet full of 84mm bazookas. So much for bad guy body armor. One direct hit to the chest and they'll be scraping chunks of bad guy off my walls and ceiling with a spatula.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/AT4

However, the Second Amendment protects the preexisting right to keep and bear arms. That preexisting right includes the right of NON-militiamen to have guns for their private self defense. So don't think that bringing back the militia means you'll be allowed to disarm non-militiamen.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2021 08:32 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
Who are you afraid of?

Do you wear a seat belt?

Do you have a fire extinguisher?

Who are you afraid of?
oralloy

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2021 08:36 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
They're scared of everything, Oralloy is too scared to step out of his front door without being tooled up.

Don't be silly. Having the sense to be prepared doesn't mean that someone is afraid.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2021 08:37 am
@izzythepush,
You lie about the NRA because you can't defend your position with facts or logic.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2021 08:42 am
@oralloy,
Wrong. The legislation pretty clearly delineates assault weapons for the purposes of the selfsame legislation.

Further correction, the legislation operates within the strictures of the Constitution. There is no hate involved whatsoever.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2021 08:46 am
@InfraBlue,
There’s plenty of hate. It’s all coming from the NRA which is why they kill so many people.
oralloy

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2021 08:48 am
@izzythepush,
The NRA has never killed anyone.

And no. All the hate comes from progressives.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2021 08:49 am
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
Wrong. The legislation pretty clearly delineates assault weapons for the purposes of the selfsame legislation.

Not wrong. The legislation clearly addresses ordinary hunting weapons and does not address any assault weapons whatsoever.

InfraBlue wrote:
Further correction, the legislation operates within the strictures of the Constitution.

No it doesn't. The Constitution only allows restrictions on a fundamental right if those restrictions can be justified as serving a compelling government interest.

No one can justify outlawing pistol grips as serving a compelling government interest.

InfraBlue wrote:
There is no hate involved whatsoever.

Sure there is. Progressives always try to violate the Constitution because they hate the Constitution.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2021 08:52 am
I’m not the only one to remember Oralloy fantasising about urinating on the bodies of children murdered by the NRA.

You’d think with such a limited vocabulary he wouldn’t have so many problems remembering what he said.
oralloy

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2021 08:53 am
@izzythepush,
You're lying about me again. Please stop.

And the NRA has never murdered anyone.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2021 08:56 am
Alzheimer's would explain extensive memory loss, limited repetitive vocabulary, delusions and mania.

Somebody should get themselves checked out.
InfraBlue

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2021 08:57 am
@oralloy,
Nuh-uh.

You're clearly confused about what the legislation banned.

Nuh-uh.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2021 08:59 am
@InfraBlue,
Confusion too.