Guns: how much longer will it take ....

oralloy

Reply Wed 1 Apr, 2020 04:28 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
basically no one cares whether you support new gun laws or not. Your veto carries no weight beyond your own mind and is irrelevant in determining what happens. the parkland survivors have demonstrated more clout in the debate than you have, and they've been instrumental in making the view of the nra as depraved coummon currency.

How about a reality check?

Do you remember reality?

https://images2.imgbox.com/e0/42/4oZ8Jstr_o.jpg
https://twitter.com/DineshDSouza/status/966078572321562625

https://www.gannett-cdn.com/media/2018/02/20/USATODAY/USATODAY/636547353091154050-04.JPG

MontereyJack wrote:
Gun activists owe any compsensation to be paid to be paid to the survivors and dependents of victims of gun violence. That's the only compensation due.

No gun laws for you!

MontereyJack

Reply Wed 1 Apr, 2020 04:48 am
@oralloy,
Yes, I remember reality. do you. when they were pissed at the fla legislature for folding to the nra, they went out and fanned across the country and rhaded the nra a stinging loss of 26 seats in the 2018 elkection. then they led a million student march of millennials who are just now coming into the electorate who will NEVER support nra candidates. The times, they are a -changin'. Thank you, Parkland survivors, you rock.
MontereyJack

Reply Wed 1 Apr, 2020 04:49 am
@oralloy,
Guess that makes you a gun Nazi. emphasis on Nazi.
oralloy

Reply Wed 1 Apr, 2020 04:51 am
@MontereyJack,
Godwin's law.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 1 Apr, 2020 04:52 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Yes, I remember reality. do you.

I remember reality just fine. The whiny brats have no power. The only thing that they are capable of doing is throwing a temper tantrum.
MontereyJack

Reply Wed 1 Apr, 2020 07:39 am
@oralloy,
blithering again, I see.
Glennn

Reply Wed 1 Apr, 2020 07:55 am
@InfraBlue,
Quote:
Although the features found on assault weapons do make them especially dangerous

Wrong! You keep repeating that lie. You've been asked to provide something to back up that ridiculous claim pages ago, but so far you have provided nothing except for your assurance that you could prove your ridiculous claim if you wanted to, but that you just can't be bothered to do so.
oralloy

Reply Wed 1 Apr, 2020 08:07 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
blithering again, I see.

What is it about progressives that makes them hate facts so much?
Glennn

Reply Wed 1 Apr, 2020 08:07 am
@RABEL222,
Quote:
You Ollie and Cj2 are the ones pushing the pistol grip b s.

What a testament to your lack of comprehension. There's no way you could have you've missed all of the anti pistol-grip bullshit from Infrablue. He has clearly stated that a pistol-grip makes a rifle especially dangerous. When you speak as if he is not the one who has been pushing the pistol-grip bullshit, it indicates that you have chosen to remain willfully ignorant.
MontereyJack

Reply Wed 1 Apr, 2020 08:09 am
@oralloy,

what is it about conservatives that they can't tell facts from opinions and their opinions are batshit crazy.
MontereyJack

Reply Wed 1 Apr, 2020 08:13 am
@MontereyJack,
yeah, you did introduce the Soup Nazis into the discussion, didn't you.
oralloy

Reply Wed 1 Apr, 2020 09:15 am
@MontereyJack,
You're not getting any new gun laws without the support of moderates like me. That's just the way it is.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 1 Apr, 2020 09:16 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
what is it about conservatives that they can't tell facts from opinions

You cannot provide any examples of a conservative doing any such thing.

MontereyJack wrote:
and their opinions are batshit crazy.

Most Americans disagree with your opposition to civil liberties. Most Americans agree with the conservative view that civil liberties are a good thing.
InfraBlue

Reply Wed 1 Apr, 2020 11:39 am
@Glennn,
Incorrect. It's not a lie. Your unacceptance is irrelevant.
InfraBlue

Reply Wed 1 Apr, 2020 11:42 am
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:

Quote:
You Ollie and Cj2 are the ones pushing the pistol grip b s.

What a testament to your lack of comprehension. There's no way you could have you've missed all of the anti pistol-grip bullshit from Infrablue. He has clearly stated that a pistol-grip makes a rifle especially dangerous. When you speak as if he is not the one who has been pushing the pistol-grip bullshit, it indicates that you have chosen to remain willfully ignorant.

Talk about lack of comprehension. You brought up the tangent about pistol grips. I merely obliged you. This thread wasn't about pistol grips, which is a fact that escapes your comprehension.
oralloy

Reply Wed 1 Apr, 2020 07:26 pm
@InfraBlue,
As long as American progressives have a relentless fixation on trying to outlaw pistol grips on semi-auto rifles, it is likely that pistol grips will remain the centerpiece of any gun control discussion.

It's actually a pretty good way to prevent progressives from ever achieving anything. Progressives never do anything else because they waste all of their energy on pistol grips. And the NRA is able to stop them cold on the pistol grip front.
oralloy

Reply Wed 1 Apr, 2020 07:27 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
Incorrect. It's not a lie. Your unacceptance is irrelevant.

The term "lie" suggests a deliberate intent to deceive. I do not believe that you were trying to deceive.

However, your statement is definitely untrue. Adding a pistol grip to a semi-auto hunting rifle does not make it especially dangerous.
MontereyJack

Reply Wed 1 Apr, 2020 10:26 pm
@oralloy,
You're the one with the fixation on pistol grips. You always have been, since back in the day when you thought it was alkl about banning harmless ccosmetic features, which didn't fly because no one except you thought it was about banning harmless cosmetic features in any way. Your argument keeps shifting ground but never has made any sense or had any connection to reality.
MontereyJack

Reply Wed 1 Apr, 2020 10:40 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
Most Americans disagree with your opposition to civil liberties. Most Americans agree with the conservative view that civil liberties are a good thing.
0 Replies

It's quite likely most Amercans liberal or conservatives value cilvil liberties and civil rights. However most Americans do NOT agree with your OPINION that stricter gun control violates civ liberties. they DO agree that civil rights are violated by gun violence which deprives people of their civil right to life.. You have an opinion, most Americans disagree with it. There are a number of surveys of American public opinion which agree with me and disagree with your view of what is a civl liberty violation. Of you're going to offer an opinion about what American think, you should actually look at the facts rather than just blue sky them.
oralloy

Reply Wed 1 Apr, 2020 10:43 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
It's quite likely most Americans liberal or conservatives value civil liberties and civil rights.

Not really. Progressives think that it is fun to violate people's civil liberties.

MontereyJack wrote:
However most Americans do NOT agree with your OPINION that stricter gun control violates civil liberties.

"That unjustified restrictions on our civil liberties is a violation of those civil liberties" is a fact, not an opinion.

MontereyJack wrote:
they DO agree that civil rights are violated by gun violence which deprives people of their civil right to life..

Progressive efforts to outlaw pistol grips on semi-auto rifles have nothing whatsoever to to with trying to save any lives. The only motivation is the joy that progressives feel when they violate people's civil liberties.

MontereyJack wrote:
You have an opinion, most Americans disagree with it.

"That unjustified restrictions on our civil liberties is a violation of those civil liberties" is a fact, not an opinion.

MontereyJack wrote:
There are a number of surveys of American public opinion which agree with me and disagree with your view of what is a civil liberty violation.

Progressives routinely reject reality. Reality continues to exist despite their rejection of it.

MontereyJack wrote:
Of you're going to offer an opinion about what American think,

It doesn't matter what they think. What matters is what the facts are.

MontereyJack wrote:
you should actually look at the facts rather than just blue sky them.

I always look at the facts. That is why I'm always correcting your untrue statements.