Guns: how much longer will it take ....

Glennn

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2019 05:20 pm
@InfraBlue,
Quote:

Sure, just don't attribute arguments to me that aren't my arguments.

But you are the one who is making a distinction between a human-hunting rifle and an animal-hunting rifle. And though you are the one making that point, you believe that asking you whether or not an animal-hunting rifle can double as a human-hunting rifle is out of line. Gotcha!
oralloy

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2019 05:23 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
No, it might take a while, but it will happen.

Yep, you are exactly like the Black Knight in that famous Monty Python skit.

Glennn

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2019 05:25 pm
@InfraBlue,
Quote:
Why are you asking me to tell you the last time someone fell victim to a rifle because it had a grenade launcher, or a flash suppressor, or a bayonet mount, or a barrel shroud, or a pistol-grip?

Obviously because you claim that a pistol-grip makes a rifle especially dangerous. It seems appropriate to ask you when the last time someone fell victim to a rifle that had a pistol-grip.

So, are you aware of any instance in which someone fell victim to a rifle because it had a pistol-grip?
oralloy

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2019 05:26 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
Why are you asking me to tell you the last time someone fell victim to a rifle because it had a grenade launcher, or a flash suppressor, or a bayonet mount, or a barrel shroud, or a pistol-grip?
InfraBlue wrote:
Why should I come up with any instance in which someone fell victim to a rifle because it had any of those items, or produce something to that effect, or say anything about it at all?

Because you are demanding that these weapons be outlawed, based on a claim that these weapons are especially dangerous, and it is reasonable to ask you to support your claims.
oralloy

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2019 05:28 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
I way itll b generational

Future generations are not going to suddenly start hating freedom and civil liberties.

Freedom is here to stay in America and there is nothing that you can do about it.

farmerman wrote:
and will only occur as the real gun enthusiasts (not th nutz) will buy into such things as magazine limits , gun sale documentation, several layered background checks, and laws that are more severe wrt gun crimes. There will need to be a behavior mode as well as merely a gun design mode.

I was supporting most of that until I got pissed off at all your name-calling and your calls to violate people's civil liberties for no reason.

farmerman wrote:
I think NRA oughta start and get rid of their two public faces, La Pierre, and that woman who writes Congressional BS ror the legislatures and oversees Congresswith her IRON FIST, and wallet

Of course you do. You want to have fun violating people's civil liberties, and these people prevent you from doing so.

We're going to keep them right where they are in their leadership positions so that they can continue to prevent you from harming anyone.
farmerman

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2019 05:09 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
I was supporting most of that until I got pissed off at all your name-calling and your calls to violate people's civil liberties for no reason.
People like you will always break into childish rants and use that as the bases of your argument, so Im not surprised at the way you easily slip into "victimhood" and blame others for your own lack of action.
So be it, but you dont fool anyone with your "nyah nyah nyah" type af debate

oralloy

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2019 09:05 am
@farmerman,
Nope. I use fact and logic as the basis for my arguments.

I'd characterize your posts more as "childish name-calling" than as "childish ranting" but you are the only person here who is acting childish.
farmerman

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2019 09:33 am
@oralloy,
whatever, try to relax this Christmas and enjoy life a bit more.
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2019 09:54 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
I find that assault weapons should have been banned for any gun having just those two features.

Hmm. Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't you also stated in the past that you do not support a ban on pistol-grips?

Ah yes, here we are:

Quote:
I am ONLY concerned with big clips n rapid fire, PERIOD.

Clearly, you are either someone who can't keep track of their own contradictions, or you are a liar. So which one would you prefer to be known as?

Try to relax this Christmas and get some rest. Maybe that will help you to avoid talking out both sides of your mouth.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2019 10:32 am
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:

Quote:

Sure, just don't attribute arguments to me that aren't my arguments.

But you are the one who is making a distinction between a human-hunting rifle and an animal-hunting rifle.

No I'm not.

Glennn wrote:
And though you are the one making that point, you believe that asking you whether or not an animal-hunting rifle can double as a human-hunting rifle is out of line. Gotcha!

I'm not making that point.

What you got is yourself chasing your own tail.
InfraBlue

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2019 10:33 am
@oralloy,
Heh, classic.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2019 10:43 am
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:

Quote:

Obviously because you claim that a pistol-grip makes a rifle especially dangerous. It seems appropriate to ask you when the last time someone fell victim to a rifle that had a pistol-grip.

So, what do grenade launchers, flash suppressors, bayonet mounts and barrel shrouds have to do with pistol grips making a rifle especially dangerous?

Glennn wrote:

So, are you aware of any instance in which someone fell victim to a rifle because it had a pistol-grip?

In regard to pistol grips themselves, it's not appropriate in that your reasoning is a non sequitur. People fall victim to rifles with all manner of stocks and grips. They don't fall victim to these rifles because of their stocks and grips. That doesn't address the fact that pistol grips make a rifle especially dangerous.
Glennn

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2019 10:44 am
@InfraBlue,
Quote:
No I'm not.

You clearly made a distinction between a human-hunting rifle and an animal-hunting rifle. You called one a human-hunting rifle, as opposed to . . . what?
InfraBlue

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2019 10:45 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:
InfraBlue wrote:
Why should I come up with any instance in which someone fell victim to a rifle because it had any of those items, or produce something to that effect, or say anything about it at all?

Because you are demanding that these weapons be outlawed, based on a claim that these weapons are especially dangerous, and it is reasonable to ask you to support your claims.

Glennn is asking about specific features found on certain rifles. He's not asking about weapons.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2019 10:46 am
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:

Quote:
No I'm not.]

You clearly made a distinction between a human-hunting rifle and an animal-hunting rifle. You called one a human-hunting rifle, as opposed to . . . what?

I didn't make that distinction.
Glennn

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2019 10:49 am
@InfraBlue,
Quote:

So you called one rifle a human-hunting rifle to differentiate between what?
InfraBlue

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2019 10:52 am
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:

Quote:

So you called one rifle a human-hunting rifle to differentiate between what?

I didn't call one rifle a human-hunting rifle to differentiate between anything. I specified what that rifle is.
Glennn

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2019 05:06 pm
@InfraBlue,
Oh, so you agree that an animal-hunting rifle can double as a human-hunting rifle?
RABEL222

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2019 07:07 pm
@Glennn,
You are just a bit dumber than Ollie.
Glennn

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2019 07:47 pm
@RABEL222,
Coming from someone incapable of mustering even a modicum of intellectual response to the topic just really takes the sting out of your moronic insults.