Guns: how much longer will it take ....

Glennn

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2019 09:10 am
@InfraBlue,
Quote:
Intelligent people want gun control.

Sure. I'm not against background checks and a limit on magazine size.
Quote:
You're being redundant, again.

Is that your new go-to phrase for when someone asks you to explain your reasoning behind your claim that a pistol-grip makes a rifle especially dangerous by increasing its accuracy and rate of fire? You can either retract that nonsensical claim, or you can continue pushing it without proving it. If you continue pushing it, you can expect to be asked to explain your reasoning behind the claim.
Quote:
'Fraid so.

The fact is, you've been asked to back up your claim that a pistol-grip makes a rifle especially dangerous by increasing its accuracy and rate of fire. It is not conjecture on my part that you cry "strawman argument" when asked to support your claim. You actually do that!
Quote:
Chase that tail fido!

The chase is over. I have your tail well in hand. You lost it when you were unable to tell me the last time someone fell victim to a rifle because it had a grenade launcher, or the last time someone fell victim to a rifle because it had a flash suppressor, or the last time someone fell victim to a rifle because it had a bayonet mount, and the last time someone fell victim to a rifle because it had a pistol-grip? You understand quite well that your answers to those questions will invalidate your claims and highlight your hysteria.
RABEL222

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2019 11:09 am
@oralloy,
They should lie to counter all the b s lies you and Glenn spout on the gun nut sites.
oralloy

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2019 11:14 am
@RABEL222,
You cannot point out a single untrue statement either in my posts or in Glennn's posts.

The only lies here come from progressives and other freedom haters.
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2019 11:23 am
@RABEL222,
Quote:
They should lie to counter all the b s lies you and Glenn spout on the gun nut sites.

I just know you're going to follow that up with showing us these lies you speak of, and then you're going to debate those differences of opinion with us in an intellectual manner. Actually, we both know better than that, don't we?
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2019 11:27 am
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
No, the status quo will reach a breaking point where the people will say enough and implement much needed regulatory weapons laws, even to the point of amending the Constitution if necessary.

Progressives sure have goofy fantasies.

Barack Obama devoted the entire first hundred days of his second term to attacking the NRA. There will never be a more concerted gun control onslaught than that.

We defeated Obama's gun control push and shattered the second term of his presidency, leading to Trump's eventual election to replace him.

We can do all of that again if we have to. And again. And again.

How many times would you like us to completely and utterly defeat you?

You get no more gun control. Live with it.
oralloy

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2019 11:28 am
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
M'hm. Your break with reality is increasingly unsettling. Seek professional help.

Here. Let's have a look at reality.

Passed by House, ignored by Senate:

Bipartisan Background Checks Act
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/116/hr8

Enhanced Background Checks Act
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/116/hr1112

Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/116/hr1585

Passed out of committee, NOT passed by either House or Senate:

Keep Americans Safe Act
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/116/hr1186

Extreme Risk Protection Order Act
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/116/hr1236

Disarm Hate Act
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/116/hr2708

Not even passed out of committee:

Assault Weapons Ban
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/116/hr1296

Any questions?

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
InfraBlue

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2019 01:21 pm
@farmerman,
It seems that they were describing weapons like the AR-15—whose manufacture was specifically banned—but were not specifically named, in at least some of the features that defined the term assault weapon in the act. But yeah, the NRA's tentacles reach far and deep in Congress, though.
InfraBlue

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2019 01:28 pm
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:

Quote:
Entertain yourself chasing your straw man argument. I decline to participate.

Oh you're not going to be let off the hook that easily. You created a new term to serve your agenda, and now you're going to have to answer for it. So, tell us why an animal-hunting rifle can't also function as a human-hunting rifle.

That's your straw man argument. Not mine.

Glenn wrote:

I don't think I'm going to let you be done participating.

Heh, you're a card.
InfraBlue

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2019 01:42 pm
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:

Quote:
Intelligent people want gun control.

Sure. I'm not against background checks and a limit on magazine size.

Well, it's a start.

Glennn wrote:

Quote:
You're being redundant, again.

Is that your new go-to phrase for when someone asks you to explain your reasoning behind your claim that a pistol-grip makes a rifle especially dangerous by increasing its accuracy and rate of fire? You can either retract that nonsensical claim, or you can continue pushing it without proving it. If you continue pushing it, you can expect to be asked to explain your reasoning behind the claim.

That's my answer for when you're being redundant, again—and again.

Glennn wrote:

Quote:
'Fraid so.

The fact is, you've been asked to back up your claim that a pistol-grip makes a rifle especially dangerous by increasing its accuracy and rate of fire. It is not conjecture on my part that you cry "strawman argument" when asked to support your claim. You actually do that!
Quote:
Chase that tail fido!

The chase is over. I have your tail well in hand. You lost it when you were unable to tell me the last time someone fell victim to a rifle because it had a grenade launcher, or the last time someone fell victim to a rifle because it had a flash suppressor, or the last time someone fell victim to a rifle because it had a bayonet mount, and the last time someone fell victim to a rifle because it had a pistol-grip? You understand quite well that your answers to those questions will invalidate your claims and highlight your hysteria.

So, you're giving up these redundant straw man arguments and projectional accusations of yours, once and for all? Call me doubting Thomas. Seeing and believing and all of that...
InfraBlue

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2019 01:47 pm
@oralloy,
We'll see.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2019 01:51 pm
@oralloy,
No questions, just an assertion. It will happen.
oralloy

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2019 02:26 pm
@InfraBlue,
You've been defeated and you know it. You remind me of this "none shall pass" guy from Monty Python:

InfraBlue

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2019 02:46 pm
@oralloy,
No, it might take a while, but it will happen. It may prompt a murderous reaction from the gun psychos, though.
farmerman

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2019 03:08 pm
@InfraBlue,
I way itll b generational and will only occur as the real gun enthusiasts (not th nutz) will buy into such things as magazine limits , gun sale documentation, several layered background checks, and laws that are more severe wrt gun crimes. There will need to be a behavior mode as well as merely a gun design mode.

Im a hunter, a competition shooter in skeet and trap, and trainer in gun safety and seeing that we dont exclusively spend our time on sick people and gun designs, and we spend time with our next gen of sportskids.
I think NRA oughta start and get rid of their two public faces, La Pierre, and that woman who writes Congressional BS ror the legislatures and oversees Congresswith her IRON FIST , and wallet
Glennn

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2019 03:39 pm
@InfraBlue,
Quote:
It seems that they were describing weapons like the AR-15—whose manufacture was specifically banned—but were not specifically named, in at least some of the features that defined the term assault weapon in the act

And here we have some more inconsistent reasoning as to why the AR-15 must be banned:

Federal judge upholds
Massachusetts ban on AR-15,
large capacity magazines

From the link: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2018/04/07/federal-judge-upholds-massachusetts-ban-ar-15-large-capacity-magazines/495781002/

"Weapons that are most useful in military service — M-16 rifles and the like" aren’t protected by the Second Amendment and "may be banned,"

The AR-15, a semi-automatic weapon and technically not an assault weapon, is similar to the M-16, an assault rifle first used on the battlefield in Vietnam
_____________________________________________________________________________________

So, what they're saying is that the AR-15 is not an assault weapon, but it looks like one, and so we're going to pretend that it is and ban it accordingly.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

And then they follow up with this gem:

"Americans are not afraid of bumptious, raucous and robust debate about these matters. We call it democracy,"

I'm surprised that during the debate, no one provided statistics concerning the use of the AR-15 in school shootings, mass shootings, and any crime in general. Or if anyone pointed out that though the AR-15 looks like an M-16, it does not function as one. If anyone can find anything about the military using semiautomatic AR-15s, they could help that judge no look like a liar.
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2019 03:47 pm
@InfraBlue,
Quote:

I see. When you call one gun a human-hunting rifle, asking you whether or not an animal-hunting rifle can double as a human-hunting rifle is out of bounds because asking you to explain the difference between the two is a strawman argument. So, is there anything you say that we can question or challenge without you pleading the 5th?
Glennn

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2019 03:59 pm
@InfraBlue,
Quote:
So, you're giving up these redundant straw man arguments

Oh I wasn't arguing. I was asking you to tell me the last time someone fell victim to a rifle because it had a grenade launcher, or a flash suppressor, or a bayonet mount, or a barrel shroud, or a pistol-grip.

If you cannot come up with any instance in which someone fell victim to a rifle because it had any of those items, just say so. Or, if you can produce something to that effect, just say so.
Glennn

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2019 04:06 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
I find that assault weapons should have been banned for any gun having just those two features.

Hmm. Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't you also stated in the past that you do not support a ban on pistol-grips?

Ah yes, here we are:

Quote:
I am ONLY concerned with big clips n rapid fire, PERIOD.

Clearly, you are either someone who can't keep track of their own contradictions, or you are a liar. So which one would you prefer to be known as?
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2019 05:10 pm
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:

Quote:

I see. When you call one gun a human-hunting rifle, asking you whether or not an animal-hunting rifle can double as a human-hunting rifle is out of bounds because asking you to explain the difference between the two is a strawman argument.

By George, you've got it!
Glennn wrote:
So, is there anything you say that we can question or challenge without you pleading the 5th?

Sure, just don't attribute arguments to me that aren't my arguments.
InfraBlue

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2019 05:13 pm
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:

Quote:
So, you're giving up these redundant straw man arguments

Oh I wasn't arguing. I was asking you to tell me the last time someone fell victim to a rifle because it had a grenade launcher, or a flash suppressor, or a bayonet mount, or a barrel shroud, or a pistol-grip.

Why are you asking me to tell you the last time someone fell victim to a rifle because it had a grenade launcher, or a flash suppressor, or a bayonet mount, or a barrel shroud, or a pistol-grip?

Glennn wrote:

If you cannot come up with any instance in which someone fell victim to a rifle because it had any of those items, just say so. Or, if you can produce something to that effect, just say so.

Why should I come up with any instance in which someone fell victim to a rifle because it had any of those items, or produce something to that effect, or say anything about it at all?