Guns: how much longer will it take ....

MontereyJack

Reply Mon 16 Dec, 2019 11:53 pm
@Glennn,
A simplistic answer not particularly true. A magazine change only takes a second or two and you're set to go again. It's still possible to get 30 aimed shots with ar15 style weapon or semiauto handguns in the low 20 seconds range with 5 shot capacity detachable magazines. Which is still well into the mass murder range in minimum time. It's inherent in the deadly nature of the gun, far more deadly capability far in excess of any reasonable justification for self-defense
Glennn

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2019 11:10 am
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
A simplistic answer not particularly true. A magazine change only takes a second or two and you're set to go again. It's still possible to get 30 aimed shots with ar15 style weapon or semiauto handguns in the low 20 seconds range with 5 shot capacity detachable magazines.

So, tell me how many incidents you are aware of in which this magazine switching you're worried about was performed.

I understand that you want to bubble wrap society by taking away everyone's semiautomatic guns, but that's not going to happen. However, if you are going to be consistent in your conviction, you would have been all over the use of alcohol since it is responsible for waaay more deaths than guns. There's an awful lot of responsible drinkers in the country, but if alcohol is behind so much violent crime and death, then every responsible drinker ought to be willing to give up this needless practice in the name of human life. Right?
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2019 11:13 am
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
not the point. read joint's screedtyhat was an answer to.

Quote what you are answering to. I have no idea what you are saying here.
RABEL222

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2019 11:28 am
@Glennn,
He is telling you your not addressing the point Cj made. In other words you are changing the conversation to avoid the point.
Glennn

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2019 11:33 am
@RABEL222,
I have yet to address coldjoint on any point. Where did coldjoint address me?

However, I am addressing another poster regarding his concerns about magazines.

It would appear that you are here to change that conversation.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2019 03:17 pm
@Glennn,
true. you have no idea.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2019 04:16 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Instead, Congress, in its toady move to its gun lobbly masters, compromised and added the other list of BS cosmetic items that really had little to do with the actual rate of fire of these guns.

When the law was put in the books, it required that 2 or more of these cosmetic gizmos be added to the really dangerous aspects of semi autos with large cap ammo holders. That was a total sell out. Congress defined whats dangerous on its own (Didnt need rocket surgery). ALL that other bullshit was added by these NRA douche bags and gun mfr huucksters.

Don't be so dishonest. The NRA fiercely opposed that law. They are not responsible for creating any part of it.

farmerman wrote:
Thats the sad part, you guys are arguing about pistol grips and youve already had the main point despite cosmetic appearances of a "scary looking gun". The point is that guns that can hold a lotta ammo and fire fast are what needs control PERIOD.

You're the one who always undermines attempts to establish such controls. Perhaps you should do some self reflection?

farmerman wrote:
Oral argues pitol grippage just to avert our yes from the main feature in discussion.

Don't be so dishonest. I argue pistol grippage because pistol grippage is the main feature in the conversation.

And it is mostly your fault that pistol grippage is the main feature of the conversation.

Don't blame me for the consequences of your actions.

farmerman wrote:
Control large cap ammo holding along with rapid fir, not "decoration"

You've done more to undermine controls on magazine capacity than anyone else who posts here.

farmerman wrote:
Semi autos arent going away soon, maybe by the end of this century (if we keep killing our kids en masse and the gun lobby keeps trying to make us think they are doing something about it besides just selling more guns.)

Semi-autos aren't going away ever.

farmerman wrote:
Id be ecstatic if we could get rid of big clips, large mags, and rapid fire (make it so you cpuld only hve one of these on a gun) rapid fire? ok limit it to 5 shells like it is for most states hunting rifles. Want a big clip? then make the gun a bolt action or pump.

I think it's pretty funny that you are the biggest reason why you won't see any of the laws that you desire.
oralloy

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2019 04:17 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
PLEASE TRY TO BECOME PART OF A SOLUTION< DONT REMAIN SOME KIND OF CLUELESS DICKHEADS bought and owned by NRA and gun manufacturers.

Take your own advice and stop undermining the solutions that you claim to support.
oralloy

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2019 04:18 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:
your and the other gun nuts cheap lying bull shyt.

You cannot point out anything untrue in any of our posts.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2019 04:19 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
It's still possible to get 30 aimed shots with ar15 style weapon or semiauto handguns in the low 20 seconds range with 5 shot capacity detachable magazines.

With an AR-15 and five shot magazines? I'm not so sure about that.

MontereyJack wrote:
It's inherent in the deadly nature of the gun, far more deadly capability far in excess of any reasonable justification for self-defense

That is incorrect. Guns are appropriate for self defense.
farmerman

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2019 04:53 pm
@oralloy,
Im quite active, you? (I think youre just a phony)
farmerman

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2019 04:55 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:

You're the one who always undermines attempts to establish such controls
and you, a toady of the NRA and its bunch of puppetmaster gun mfrs do NOTHING but sit and , like our dickhed pres, tryto sound like victims.
Glennn

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2019 04:58 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
Im quite active, you? (I think youre just a phony)
Quote:
and you, a toady of the NRA and its bunch of puppetmaster gun mfrs do NOTHING but sit and , like our dickhed pres, tryto sound like victims.

Oh look, you forgot to make a point or argument.
farmerman

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2019 05:13 pm
@Glennn,
with Oral, its never necessary because he loads up with invective and victimhood and expects somebody to confuse that with debate.

If you want an answer, ask an intelligent question. You guys tak the time whenever I or anyone post n intelligent question or post and try to stoke up the insults in serietem fashion.
Do the best you can, I think most people dont GAF about your "self announced gun expertise"

Get me someone who knows what the **** hes talking about, at least gunga snake understood about gun usage .
Glennn

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2019 05:30 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
with Oral, its never necessary because he loads up with invective and victimhood and expects somebody to confuse that with debate.

Gee, I don't know about that. When some anti-gun nut says that pistol-grips should be banned because they make a rifle especially dangerous, oralloy challenges them to support that bullshyt with something besides their paranoia. I do the same. We never get an answer because there is nothing to support their paranoia. If someone repeats their paranoia with nothing to support it, then they'll be repeatedly asked to support it. No one is going to be allowed to talk past their unsupported paranoia.
Quote:
If you want an answer, ask an intelligent question.

Sure. Let's do just that. Can you support the claim that rifles with pistol-grips should be banned? And if so, let's hear your reasoning.

And here's another question:

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Two women were shot outside a South Carolina State University residential building, according to university officials. Their injuries were not life-threatening. Witnesses told investigators some kind of argument or fight happened off-campus between multiple people. Those people then came onto the SCSU campus, he said. Police are working to identify the gunman and determine whether they have any connection to the university, Clark said. A student who says she was wounded said it began as an argument between two males that led to shots being fired.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Is this your idea of school children being slaughtered en masse, and a reason to ban guns?
farmerman

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2019 05:52 pm
@Glennn,
Ive made my argument very very clear. **** your pistol grips , extensions, cutaway stocks, flas surpressors ,silencers qnd anything else besides big clip capacities able to be fired by a semi auto. Ive got no dog in your mega- page argument about all that ****. That was just a qun "Add on" to the 94 law because our douche bag congress was unable to close the deal about rapid fire of lots of ammo in one load which was the real issue.
Most congressmen are owned by the NRA and the gun makers. Thats why I applaud the growing female congressional count.
Glennn

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2019 06:09 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
**** your pistol grips

That's not an argument, either.

If you don't feel the same way about them as the other anti-gun nuts in this thread, that's good.
Quote:
Ive got no dog in your mega- page argument about all that ****.

And yet here you are, presumably to let the world know that you don't care to discuss it. You could have easily made that point by staying out of this part of the issue, and leave that to the geniuses who have assigned special powers to pistol-grips. It's their bone, so let them choke on it.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2019 09:09 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Im quite active,

You're quite active in undermining the position that you claim that you are in favor of.

farmerman wrote:
you?

I have a different outlook. I actually work for the positions that I claim to be in favor of.

On the other hand, I actually have those positions. That probably makes a difference.

farmerman wrote:
I think youre just a phony

Nope. All of my claims about myself are true.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2019 09:10 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
and you, a toady of the NRA

A toady of my own civil liberties?

I know it really frustrates you that you are not permitted to violate my civil liberties for fun, but your embittered comments are getting pretty silly.

Try taking up a hobby that doesn't involve violating people's civil liberties for fun. I suggest knitting.

farmerman wrote:
and its bunch of puppetmaster gun mfrs

Wrong again. The gun manufacturers answer to us, not the reverse.

farmerman wrote:
do NOTHING but sit and , like our dickhed pres, tryto sound like victims.

We do a pretty good job of preventing you from victimizing us. Thus your embittered name-calling.
oralloy

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2019 09:11 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Nope. What I do is post facts. And facts always make you throw a tantrum and start name-calling.

farmerman wrote:
You guys tak the time whenever I or anyone post n intelligent question or post and try to stoke up the insults in serietem fashion.

You don't post anything intelligent. You are also the one who stokes up the name-calling.

farmerman wrote:
Do the best you can, I think most people dont GAF about your "self announced gun expertise"
Get me someone who knows what the **** hes talking about, at least gunga snake understood about gun usage.

If you don't care about the fact that we know more about guns than you do, then why do you bring up the subject?
0 Replies