vikorr

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2019 10:57 pm
@RABEL222,
They are eating?
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2019 11:51 pm
@oralloy,
What you called "compromise" would make the problem worse, far worse. You esentialy thought it meant giving gun zealots everything on their wish list, open cary, reciprocity with states with lax gun laws rewuired for states with stricter laws, "compensation" for wanabe gun owners who constitutionaly couldn't buy assault style weapons years ago when there was a national ban on assault style weapons. Basicaly you wanred us to pay you to buy more guns. That is a nonsense "solution". You have NEVER offered anything that would reduce gun violence. You're a poseur.
oralloy

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2019 01:56 am
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:
If their mouth is moving............

Wrong again. You cannot point out anything untrue in any of their posts.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2019 01:58 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
What you called "compromise" would make the problem worse, far worse.

Don't be silly. You cannot make any case that anything that I asked for would worsen any problem.

MontereyJack wrote:
You essentially thought it meant giving gun zealots everything on their wish list, open carry, reciprocity with states with lax gun laws required for states with stricter laws,

Compromise means that both parties get something. Compromise does not mean that you get everything you want, while I get nothing.

"Stuff on my wish list" in exchange for "stuff on your wish list." That's the way that compromise works.

MontereyJack wrote:
"compensation" for wannabe gun owners who constitutionally couldn't buy assault style weapons

There is nothing even remotely constitutional about progressives violating people's civil liberties for fun.

MontereyJack wrote:
You have NEVER offered anything that would reduce gun violence.

This is another reason why you are the one who is to blame for all the gun violence. When someone offers a solution, you turn around and deny that they did so.

This justifies people not bothering to offer any solutions in the future (for why should anyone go to the trouble to offer solutions when you will just say that they never made the offer).

MontereyJack wrote:
You're a poseur.

Liar. I've never pretended to be something that I am not.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2019 04:59 am
@McGentrix,
If you and some of your collagues would get involved with that bit of attitude, I agree we could get some MEANINGFUL SAFETY BASED adjustment to our gun laws.
I too have a problem with Pa's shell chambering laws, especially when waterfowl hunting on the wing. Id like to see a max of 10 not 3 and one in the slot. We liv in a transition zone where HP rifles arent allowed for hunting(Its open range and cow and cattle loaded). So 3 punkin balls are the prescribed load
For T'giving we always have made a few game birds and this year the flight is kinda slim because the great tasting ducks havent come as far south yet.

I am sadly aware that its more a psych problem as a tool problem, but we seem to be at an impasse where neither the saftey savvy NRA ers and the Gun law activists MUST get together or we will just be at each others nwecks and NOTHING will ever get done. Im more afraid that, in the future(I say its a generational probability), gun law legislation will become draconian and the sportsmen an skeet guys will suffer like much of Europe
oralloy

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2019 06:53 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
If you and some of your collagues would get involved with that bit of attitude, I agree we could get some MEANINGFUL SAFETY BASED adjustment to our gun laws.

Been there. Done that. All you do is fly off the handle and attack me. No thanks.

I say: Do nothing. Keep the massacres coming. And let you stew in them.

farmerman wrote:
I am sadly aware that its more a psych problem as a tool problem, but we seem to be at an impasse where neither the saftey savvy NRA ers and the Gun law activists MUST get together or we will just be at each others necks and NOTHING will ever get done.

So be it. Nothing it is.

farmerman wrote:
Im more afraid that, in the future(I say its a generational probability), gun law legislation will become draconian and the sportsmen an skeet guys will suffer like much of Europe

There is no chance of that. We have the NRA and the Supreme Court to protect us.
farmerman

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2019 09:15 am
@oralloy,
Wow, Im now gonna lose sleep cause you feel that youve been working to solve a real problem when its sad that you dont even recognize that weve got a problem.

Glennn

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2019 09:15 am
@McGentrix,
Quote:
The weapon does not commit the crime, the criminal does.

Correct. It is sad that the anti-gun nuts here hold every gun owner accountable for every firearms murder in the U.S.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2019 09:26 am
@farmerman,
Enjoy watching all the massacres while nothing is done to stop them.

I'm certainly going to enjoy watching you watch all the massacres while nothing is done to stop them.
McGentrix

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2019 09:44 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

Enjoy watching all the massacres while nothing is done to stop them.

I'm certainly going to enjoy watching you watch all the massacres while nothing is done to stop them.

This is a weird thing to say. Stop saying weird stuff.
oralloy

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2019 09:59 am
@McGentrix,
It is perfectly appropriate to block all gun control and watch the freedom haters go into histrionics whenever there is a massacre.

Freedom hater tears are delicious.
McGentrix

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2019 12:40 pm
@oralloy,
Massacre's are horrible events and shouldn't be celebrated. Even sarcastically.
oralloy

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2019 01:00 pm
@McGentrix,
I disagree. Progressives deserve to be mocked for their histrionics over these massacres.
MontereyJack

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2019 01:17 pm
@oralloy,
The sociopathy cannot be ignored.
Glennn

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2019 01:22 pm
@MontereyJack,
You brought up the 44 "school shootings" in 46 weeks in an attempt to justify banning guns.

Let's start with this one:

A 19-year-old student was shot by a masked gunman while getting out of a car at Achievement Academy, a high school. His injuries were non-life-threatening. Authorities believe an altercation occurred between the victim and shooter.
_______________________________________________________________________________________

So, is that your idea of school children being slaughtered, and a reason to ban guns? Simple yes or no. Then we can move on to the next shooting on your list.
oralloy

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2019 01:33 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
The sociopathy cannot be ignored.

No sociopathy. You deserve to helplessly watch while the massacres continue unabated. You're merely getting what you deserve.
MontereyJack

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2019 01:37 pm
@Glennn,
What's your point? Is it not a shooting because he was wounded not killed? Is it not a shooting because it was only one person? Put them all together and yes kids are being slaughtered. Stop trying to excuse the unacceptable. Columbus parkland Sandy hook Saugus and on and on ad nauseum.
Glennn

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2019 01:43 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
What's your point?

My point is that you brought up the 44 "school shootings" in 46 weeks in an attempt to justify banning guns.

So let's start with this shooting:

A 19-year-old student was shot by a masked gunman while getting out of a car at Achievement Academy, a high school. His injuries were non-life-threatening. Authorities believe an altercation occurred between the victim and shooter.
_______________________________________________________________________________________

So, is that your idea of school children being slaughtered, and a reason to ban guns? Simple yes or no. Then we can move on to the next shooting on your list.

You are the one who brought the list to our attention. So you are the one who is going to answer for it.
MontereyJack

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2019 01:43 pm
@oralloy,
Doubling down on the sociopathy aren't you.
0 Replies