Guns: how much longer will it take ....

MontereyJack

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2019 10:26 am
@McGentrix,
The gun manufacturers modified their baned asalt style weapons so they would squeeze udner the law and they could stil sel them to their wana-be macho customers whowanted them because they were scary loking, as baldimo claims, to inflate their own badass self-image. The Don't ned a hundred round magazine to comit mas murder. high cspacity magazine is something of a red hering, since as proved in online videos, you can stil get of 30 shots in something like 2 seconds with five shot magazines, I think it was, since a swap only takes under about two seconds.
MontereyJack

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2019 10:38 am
@McGentrix,
Stephen Colbert got back from a visit to New Zealand, a supremely rational country. They had ONE mas shooting, by a wacko Aussie white supremacist expat, and immediately banned all semiauto assault style weapons. Parliament aparently supported it with only ONE dissenting vote, No oralloy clones there just sane people working together to keep everyone safe. And alive. They get Jacinda Ardem. We get Trump. Boy, did we get shafted.
Glennn

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2019 10:42 am
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
since as proved in online videos, you can stil get of 30 shots in something like 2 seconds with five shot magazines

Wow! That's some fast shooting. Why don't you produce that video?
MontereyJack

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2019 10:48 am
@Glennn,
I did. one of the series of shots was b y a woman who wan
t particularly practice according to the video/ The rate was replicated several times with rifles and pistols. And the Dayton shoter did thirty six shots, actua casualties, in 33 seconds before he was taken out. I might ad the video was aimed shots at targets, not simply pulling the trigger.
Glennn

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2019 11:02 am
@MontereyJack,
So, using 5-shot magazines, a woman was able to get off 30 shots in about 2 seconds? Could you direct me to that video?
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2019 11:05 am
@Glennn,
Thar was undortunately typed inaccurately. I inadvertently turned on the suppression of repeated key strokes, which is why you may have noticed words with two repeated leters don't get typed right. it should have ben 30 shots in something like 22 seonds, not 2, I had to pause to get it to do two 2s, and I didn't in the original post. And that is, you wil notice, in line with the actual timed shots of the Dayton shoter.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2019 12:04 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
so if it doesnt have two of the other five features that, along with high cap magazines and auto-fire, its not "military style" . Its just a low accuracy rifle made to look scary.
So what's the point??
Does that have an auto select???? hmmmm?

What makes you think this gun has low accuracy, because it doesn't have a pistol grip? That rifle is just as accurate as a normal AR-15, none of the "features" make it deadlier. This is also a CA compliant gun...
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2019 01:32 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

so if it doesnt have two of the other five features that, along with high cap magazines and auto-fire, its not "military style" . Its just a low accuracy rifle made to look scary.
So what's the point??
Does that have an auto select???? hmmmm?

The point is, that banning cosmetic features is stupid and pointless. The gun in that picture is perfectly legal in NewYorkistan, but if you put a pistol grip on it, it is no longer legal.

That is why people like Oralloy complain about the ban being no more than a ban on pistol grips. Because essentially, that is all it is. People that run our governemnt are not intelligent enough to be responsible for something as drastic as changing the Second Amendment. They pander to their money lenders without giving any thought as to what they are actually doing.

You never did answer my previous question. As a gun user, do you have a line in the sand that is too far in the gun banning world?
RABEL222

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2019 03:57 pm
@McGentrix,
Are all rational republican boots liars, or just the ones on this site?
farmerman

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2019 04:04 pm
@McGentrix,
I never rally agreed with the law in its methods. A semi auto with big capacity ammo drums.via detachable clips is what Ive always hated. I have such a varmint gun and its about as accurate as a blunerbuss . Im a well credentialed skeet, trap, and target shooter. These guns are mostly crap and its the ability to spray and pry that makws em dangerous. reloading and keeping a big drum clip tkes a lot of time so if your gonna shoot up a town. theres a lot pf pre load work that needs to be done. Time "draw" is a gizmo that allows so many shots to b fired in a speciific time duration. So you can work with a 100 drum mag and if it detects more than , say, 10 shots over , say 30-60 seconds (or whatever appears like the shooter is just spraying) itll shut down fire for a given time.

If the gun nutz would only be come some part of solutions than stupidly sound like oral's mantra. Gun mods , coupled with psych tools may help. I dont want the end of guns. I dont really care for the way many foreign countries are heavy handed in their control of sportsmen and target shooting.

Yet, here we are, with a yearly body count that probably rivals Afghanistan, and you guys keep yer heads up yer asses and dont do a goddam thing to ameliorate the conditions we live within, the real nutz just take this as "LICENSE to Kill"

YOU GUYS GOTTA STAND IN AND TAKE MUCH OF THE BLAME , and its mostly because youve got a lotta assholes like Oral, (and I recall how Om sig David's arguments were much better crafted than orals, but just a evil.

McGentrix

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2019 04:29 pm
@farmerman,
I agree with you that we do not need 100 round magazines. But, I do think 30 rounds is as low as I would prefer to go. I am accurate with my AR Carbine to about 150 yards. I have 10 round magazines that I am only allowed to load with 7 rounds. I have never sprayed and preyed and would never do so.

I am looking to move to a more free state when I return from overseas to retire in.

You have to see the stupidity of certain gun laws though, and how they appear to only ban cosmetic changes without actually effecting change? If the government were serious, they would make it a mandatory sentence of life in prison if you use an assault weapon while in commission of a crime. The weapon does not commit the crime, the criminal does.
farmerman

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2019 04:30 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:
As a gun user, do you have a line in the sand that is too far in the gun banning world?
sort of. Its not well crafted but I am set against a heavy rate of fire, large clips and mags (we can get 30 round clips for auto pistols). The cosmetics man little to me because I realize "making a gun scary looking" is just marketing to fools like me. As I said, I have 1 such gun and I find it a uselss "tool" or hunting , targets maybe , but the damn things are mostly urban assault =weapons.

That thing you showed had a pistol grip asswmbly , what lookwd like a fire selector and a insert in the barrel (probably threded) to take a silencer . Those relly arent helping do anything good.

An semi auto shotgun with a pistol grip and a high brass(00 to 2 shot) 10 shot receiver would be a fearsome weapon No? They are available. Ats ok if hunting mans turning a nice pheasant dinner into vomer.

Bump stocks are outlawed, so now one can buy KITS where the prts, clearly identified by the model gun the kist is designed for, is as bad as the old sear kits used to be for smi auto 22's.

I carry two guns when Im alone on the gas wells and the line. I park and drive an ATV or maybe 30 miles an then walk. I see bear all the time in spring and lotsa cubs in the summer and Ive only been really scared maybe twice when the bears were cllacking their teeth because they were protecting cubs. (Black bears are really dangerous then)
I have a 45 cal revolver with two extra cylinders (loaded) and a speed loader(Which Ive never ever used and dont rally know how to "speed load".So thats just there in my packs. My ATV has a dump cart in the back and I keep my camping gear and food and puters and firewood there.

I still would not carry an Ar style urban assault rifle, Id just piss a bear off and Id be all xhewed up before the bear would succumb to rapid fire.
In fact I dont need any rifle ( mafia style Shotgun, maybe)

Really, My most used "weapon" is my Samsung phone camera, (mostly cause my BIL never believes I saw bear in N Pa)

Most murders in Pa are either old POS pistols or really gizmo loaded semi auto pistols. So far, only 2 of the chool attacks in Pa were with AR style guns, all the rest , done by wacky kids,were with daddy guns. The kids lerned how to get at dad's guns and then either accidentally or purposely kill other kids.
WEvery time reasonable gun laws were proposed in the state lwgislature, these NRA clowns had their well paid off legislators block the laws.

I remember 2 such proposal acts that were shot down because it interfered NRAs market share in selling their ovwrlords guns.
I hope these responsibility suits agains SW gain some traction. wven if they lose, the doors will have been opened for some future rulings (like smoking, arsenic, or asbestos)

McGentrix

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2019 05:06 pm
@farmerman,
I would never hunt with my AR as I do not live in an area where that is feasible. I target shoot and clean it. I have a Marlin .30-.30 and a Remington 870 I hunt deer with as well as a marlin semi automatic .22 for targets. I have a Beretta 92fs pistol for home protection. I have a couple others but they don't get much love.

None of them have ever been used in a crime and I'd rather keep every single one of them as I am a law abiding citizen. I hate that the government REALLY wants me to be a criminal as they keep imposing more and more laws that infringe upon my rights.

The think I showed is specifically made to circumvent the ridiculous NYS laws banning "assault rifles". It has safe and fire, is semi-automatic, the barrel is not threaded, has a butt stock like other rifles. It has none of the cosmetic features banned by the Safe Act.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2019 05:28 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
That you think that's a fact says a lot about you.

Yes. It says that I am well informed and honorable.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2019 05:30 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Neither of those posts you repeatedly cite says what you say they say.

That is incorrect. You are on record calling for outlawing pistol grips on semi-auto rifles.

MontereyJack wrote:
And since you are incapable of refuting the validity of the cases we make,

You are not making any cases. You'd have to actually make a case before I could be capable of refuting it.

MontereyJack wrote:
you try to deflect by making the absurd argument that it is realy about pistol grips.

There is nothing absurd about pointing out the reality that your attempts to outlaw pistol grips are all about trying to outlaw pistol grips.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2019 05:32 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
Refer to previous response about previous response.

Wrong again. You cannot provide any justification for outlawing these features other than the fact that progressives enjoy violating people's civil liberties. The features in question are superficial and harmless.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2019 05:33 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
The gun manufacturers modified their baned asalt style weapons so they would squeeze udner the law and they could stil sel them to their wana-be macho customers whowanted them because they were scary loking, as baldimo claims, to inflate their own badass self-image.

Nice to see you admit that "assault weapon" bans are all about harmless cosmetics.

Now can you admit that the only reason for outlawing harmless cosmetics is because progressives enjoy violating people's civil liberties?
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2019 05:34 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Stephen Colbert got back from a visit to New Zealand, a supremely rational country. They had ONE mas shooting, by a wacko Aussie white supremacist expat, and immediately banned all semiauto assault style weapons.

Nonsense. New Zealand's new law did not focus on any of the cosmetic features that you wrongly refer to as comprising an assault weapon.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2019 06:03 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:
Are all rational republican boots liars, or just the ones on this site?

You cannot point out anything untrue in any of their posts.

You cannot point out anything true in any of your posts.
oralloy

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2019 06:07 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
I never rally agreed with the law in its methods. A semi auto with big capacity ammo drums.via detachable clips is what Ive always hated.

Nonsense. Every time I point out that said methods are wrong, you fly into a rage and attack me.

farmerman wrote:
If the gun nutz would only be come some part of solutions

We've already offered solutions. It's the freedom haters who are obstacles to solving problems.

farmerman wrote:
than stupidly sound like oral's mantra.

See. Every time I criticize the focus on pistol grips, you attack me.

farmerman wrote:
Yet, here we are, with a yearly body count that probably rivals Afghanistan, and you guys keep yer heads up yer asses and dont do a goddam thing to ameliorate the conditions we live within, the real nutz just take this as "LICENSE to Kill"

YOU GUYS GOTTA STAND IN AND TAKE MUCH OF THE BLAME,

No we don't. We've offered solutions. You attack the only people who have put forth solutions. Go blame yourself for the lack of progress.

farmerman wrote:
and its mostly because youve got a lotta assholes like Oral,

Wrong. It's mostly because of you.

farmerman wrote:
arguments were much better crafted than orals,

You cannot point out a single flaw in my arguments.

farmerman wrote:
but just a evil.

You cannot point out anything evil in either his arguments or my arguments.