Guns: how much longer will it take ....

oralloy

Reply Fri 15 Nov, 2019 09:06 am
@MontereyJack,
Setting aside for a moment the question of whether you are even capable of taking the White House or getting a filibuster-proof majority in the Senate, how would that overcome your difficulties in getting things passed through the already-Democratically-controlled House?
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Fri 15 Nov, 2019 10:18 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
(You and I both know Orals constant weenying about "pistol grips" is a simple minded and quick way of denying the problem by using false "reality")

Then how come they didn't include rifles like the Ruger Ranch Rifle/Mini 14? It shoots the same ammo as an AR and has all the same type of features except a pistol grip, a semi-auto rife is a semi-auto rifle.
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Fri 15 Nov, 2019 11:22 am
@InfraBlue,
Quote:
No, I mean the one in which assault weapons were clearly described.

You mean the one in which the definition of an assault weapon was changed to include guns that look like assault weapons, but don't function as assault weapons?
Glennn

Reply Fri 15 Nov, 2019 11:25 am
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
oralloy must be ecstatic tonight, a couple more murdered kids for him to fantasize about pissing on their dead bodies.

The kid used a handgun that held six rounds. What do you think we should do about that?

And what about alcohol? It's not good for self defense. It's not good for hunting, and it's not good for sport. And yet it is the source of so much more misery and death than guns. So what's your rationale for not wanting to ban the stuff?
MontereyJack

Reply Fri 15 Nov, 2019 11:34 am
@Glennn,
I think pissing on their dead bodies is nevrophiliacc and e ont solve the prolem. 44 school shootings in 46 weeks this year. What doYOU think we should do? Or are you like oralloy and think pissimg on the bodies is somehow appropriate and solves a problem with murder?
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Fri 15 Nov, 2019 11:36 am
@Glennn,
No, I mean the one in which the definition of "assault weapon" was established for the purposes of that law.
MontereyJack

Reply Fri 15 Nov, 2019 11:39 am
@Glennn,
I think pissing on their dead bodies is necrophiliacc and e wont solve the problem. 44 school shootings in 46 weeks this year. What doYOU think we should do? Or are you like oralloy and think pissimg on the bodies is somehow appropriate and solves a problem with murder? And i dont drink. Maybe you should try it.
InfraBlue

Reply Fri 15 Nov, 2019 11:43 am
@oralloy
@oralloy

Nuh-uh.
Glennn

Reply Fri 15 Nov, 2019 11:45 am
@InfraBlue,
Quote:
No, I mean the one in which the definition of "assault weapon" was established for the purposes of that law.

Okay. So there was another school shooting just yesterday. The kid used a pistol that held six rounds. How does banning a rifle that looks like and assault weapon, but doesn't function as one, solve that problem?
Glennn

Reply Fri 15 Nov, 2019 11:47 am
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
44 school shootings in 46 weeks this year.

Can you cite something?
Baldimo

Reply Fri 15 Nov, 2019 11:55 am
@Glennn,
Quote:
Can you cite something?

I'm sure he will come up with something. Usually it's a listing of shootings that take place near schools or don't involve anyone from the school, like a late night drug deal gone bad. If I remember correctly, there were maybe 6 school shootings for the entire year of 2018, and none of them were done with a so called assault rifle.

I found this on CNN as their "criteria" for school shooting and I'm right on what they will call a school shooting, they even include accidental discharges, and BB guns.
Quote:
The shooting must involve at least one person being shot (not including the shooter).

The shooting must occur on school property, which includes but is not limited to buildings, athletic fields, parking lots, stadiums and buses.

We included accidental discharge of a firearm as long as the first two parameters are met, except in instances where the sole shooter is law enforcement or a security officer.

We included injuries sustained from BB guns, since the Consumer Product Safety Commission has identified them as potentially lethal.

It's along the same line as another poster Zardoz, claiming that the North Hollywood bank robbery was a mass shooting, so he could claim a modified semi-auto was used in a mass shooting.
Glennn

Reply Fri 15 Nov, 2019 12:02 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
I found this on CNN as their "criteria" for school shooting and I'm right on what they will call a school shooting, they even include accidental discharges, and BB guns.

Yup. I've actually looked over the 44 "school shootings" he brought up, and you're right on with your assessment. Since he brought it up as an excuse to ban "assault weapons" that don't function as assault weapons, I'm going to go through them with him and make him walk through the mud that he intended to walk me through.
MontereyJack

Reply Fri 15 Nov, 2019 12:34 pm
@Glennn,
So tell me, tough guy, how many dead kids do you think is an "accceptable" level of gun carnage?/
farmerman

Reply Fri 15 Nov, 2019 01:16 pm
@Glennn,
Quote:
Can you cite something?

What is it with you, are you illiterate or do you suffer from hort term memory loss.??

Choose just one.

Baldimo

Reply Fri 15 Nov, 2019 01:46 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
What is it with you, are you illiterate or do you suffer from hort term memory loss.??

What does literacy have to do with asking for someone to prove a claim they made? Does the lack of sources point to Glenn's memory or MJ's because he didn't provide a source? It looks like you are attacking Glenn because he called out MJ's bullshit.
Glennn

Reply Fri 15 Nov, 2019 02:00 pm
@MontereyJack,
There is a lot of mention in these kinds of threads of people going into schools and "slaughtering" the kids.

I'm asking you to cite those 44 incidents you are talking about to find out if they live up to your hysterics. You don't want to bring those incidents out to be examined because they don't live up the classic slaughter scenario that you hope to paint a picture of here.

I'm out for the night, but I will come back and bring each one of those incidents out into the light for you to see.
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Fri 15 Nov, 2019 02:03 pm
@farmerman,
Well, farmer, you are the one with short term memory loss. You've forgotten that MJ did not cite those incidents as requested. Apparently, you're so gullible that all that is needed is for someone to tell you something, and you just turn into a lapdog. Apparently you don't like it when someone asks for proof.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Fri 15 Nov, 2019 03:18 pm
Gotta love it how when you get thwarted in your bogus claims, you resort to name calling and claim other people are dumb... That seems to be the typical reply from you imps on the left.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Fri 15 Nov, 2019 03:24 pm
@Glennn,
Your description of "assault weapon" is fallacious in regard to The Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Use Protection Act.

The law does not address the weapon type used by the shooter.
farmerman

Reply Fri 15 Nov, 2019 03:44 pm
@Baldimo,
literacy has to do with the ability to read. Hence, were you literate you could hav followed a query about "Citations" re: shootings at chool in the last yar.
Heres a CNN report, a similar on was in the Wash Post. (I dont count the many inter nws "citations" where one paper uses the by- line of another. Far as Im concerned thats the smw story so here is a citation hope yer reading skills can get honed.

CNN-44 schools shootings in 46 months in US. When someone posts such a seemingly tailored number, you ought not doubt em.