Guns: how much longer will it take ....

Baldimo

Reply Fri 15 Nov, 2019 03:59 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
literacy has to do with the ability to read.

There was no source for his claim... he made a comment and left it at that.

Quote:
Hence, were you literate you could hav followed a query about "Citations" re: shootings at chool in the last yar.

There was no citation... here's what he posted:
Quote:
@Glennn,
I think pissing on their dead bodies is necrophiliacc and e wont solve the problem. 44 school shootings in 46 weeks this year. What doYOU think we should do? Or are you like oralloy and think pissimg on the bodies is somehow appropriate and solves a problem with murder? And i dont drink. Maybe you should try it.

Quote:
Heres a CNN report, a similar on was in the Wash Post. (I dont count the many inter nws "citations" where one paper uses the by- line of another. Far as Im concerned thats the smw story so here is a citation hope yer reading skills can get honed.

CNN-44 schools shootings in 46 months in US. When someone posts such a seemingly tailored number, you ought not doubt em.

That number is in complete doubt for the very reason I said they would be in doubt. Many of those "school shootings" didn't take place during school hours, they were drug deals or even drive by shootings. Very few of the shootings are actual school shootings. Much like Zardoz's bogus claim about the North Hollywood bank robbery being a mass shooting, a bunch of these were actual different crimes that took place near a school.

farmerman

Reply Fri 15 Nov, 2019 09:36 pm
@Baldimo,
he didnt need a "citation" that was just a bit of an attempt at the old "if I cant obliterate truth, I can mess with the process".
He knew the number of school hootings Im sure. He just wanted to test thats all. I was certain about MJ's because I rad the ame references , it wasnt an "about" or "Something like " number, It was a precise number referencing a precise time period. people keep track of such things
MontereyJack

Reply Sat 16 Nov, 2019 12:51 am
@farmerman,
TWO MORE KIDS SHOT TONIGHT AT A HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL GAME IN PLEASANTVILLE NJ. You want to join oralloy in pissing on their corpses too, glenn? sickos. The tally of schoo shootings was from the daiy news feed about an hour before my post. I assumed the posters here were more aucourant than the gun zealots seem to be. I'd read the feed an hour or so before my post, and was pissed off at the people who condone gun murder in the phony name of "civil liberties", you know who you are, and posted in fury at teir sociopathy. It was a CNN report and I've read their criteria and they 're reasonable. I've aksi read a a dozen or so of the incidents cited, an dthye seem to bear out the survey. I see no reason to discard unintentional shootings--perforce there had to be a gun there to do the shootihg, which were sickening enough,and guns have no business in schools. I repeat, how many shootings do you neede before there's a problom, zealots? ONE shooting is one too many and there are a hell of a lot mpre than one, like the two tonight, are, what? two or three days after the last one.
McGentrix

Reply Sat 16 Nov, 2019 01:04 am
@MontereyJack,
https://sparkpeo.hs.llnwd.net/e2/guid/6fc55e5c-3cbc-4f56-8efe-002774dae24b.jpg
MontereyJack

Reply Sat 16 Nov, 2019 01:06 am
@McGentrix,
STFU. You might consider stopping condoning murder before you suggest giving it a rest. Try going to Pleasantville or Saugus or El Paso or Datyton or Sandy Hook or Parkland and telling them to give it a rest, and report back on the reception you get there.
oralloy

Reply Sat 16 Nov, 2019 02:50 am
@MontereyJack,
You're the one who decided that "violating people's civil liberties for fun" was more important than "working together to solve the problem".

Don't go blaming me for the consequences of your choices.
oralloy

Reply Sat 16 Nov, 2019 02:53 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
in the phony name of "civil liberties"

This is why Mr. Trump is such an awesome president.

Mr. Trump protects us and won't allow progressives to violate our civil liberties.

MontereyJack wrote:
how many shootings do you need before there's a problem, zealots? ONE shooting is one too many and there are a hell of a lot more than one, like the two tonight, are, what? two or three days after the last one.

Don't be silly. You aren't trying to prevent any shootings.

Your efforts to violate people's civil liberties for fun have nothing to do with trying to save any lives.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 16 Nov, 2019 02:54 am
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
Nuh-uh.

Wrong again. You are indeed targeting moderates like me with your lies and name-calling.

Your efforts to ignore all gun control that would save lives, and instead focus solely on violating people's civil liberties for fun, is indeed the epitome of radical extremism.

Your efforts to outlaw pistol grips does indeed do no good for the nation.

Your sole motivation is indeed because you enjoy violating people's civil liberties.
oralloy

Reply Sat 16 Nov, 2019 03:04 am
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
Your description of "assault weapon" is fallacious in regard to The Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Use Protection Act.

Wrong again. Glennn was accurate in saying that that law dealt only with superficial appearances and not with actual assault weapons.
MontereyJack

Reply Sat 16 Nov, 2019 06:03 am
@oralloy,
What nonsense. Your concept of "working together" means "compromising" by giving you everything on your wish list to loosen all restrictions on guns to make the problem worse, in return folr nothing meaningful on your part to reduce the murderous problems we already have with guns.
MontereyJack

Reply Sat 16 Nov, 2019 06:05 am
@oralloy,
talk about orwelian double think,
MontereyJack

Reply Sat 16 Nov, 2019 06:09 am
@oralloy,
So tell me, you want to go piss on the two dead kids in Pleasantville too, like your oft-repeated fervent desire? Your fault, not ours.
farmerman

Reply Sat 16 Nov, 2019 06:45 am
@oralloy,
The 1994 law STARTED with identifying semi-auto long guns and pistols with detachable mags(which includes drums. banana clips, extended clips etc) and 2 or more appearance features. So, the frt thing is an ability to fire lotsa ammo down range, the rest are identifiers from a choice list.
snood

Reply Sat 16 Nov, 2019 07:43 am
@farmerman,
Yup it’s only made complicated when folks try to bog the discussion down with mullet-headed word salad about how many pistol grips will fit in the head of a pin, or some damn thing. It’s easy to see who tries to bog things down.
oralloy

Reply Sat 16 Nov, 2019 08:17 am
@snood,
If you think facts are too complicated to keep track of, then perhaps you are not suited for political discussions.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 16 Nov, 2019 08:18 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
2 or more appearance features.
farmerman wrote:
identifiers from a choice list.

So in other words, it was a law that banned harmless features.

Progressives don't care about saving lives. They only want to violate people's civil liberties for fun.
oralloy

Reply Sat 16 Nov, 2019 08:19 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
What nonsense. Your concept of "working together" means "compromising" by giving you everything on your wish list to loosen all restrictions on guns to make the problem worse,

That is incorrect. Nothing that I asked for would have made any problem any worse.

MontereyJack wrote:
in return for nothing meaningful on your part to reduce the murderous problems we already have with guns.

That is incorrect. I offered to support every proposal that could possibly help reduce the problem, including a number of the proposals that you are currently complaining about not being passed into law.

The only thing I wouldn't support was you violating people's civil liberties for fun.

But, since you don't actually care about saving lives, and you just want to violate people's civil liberties for fun, that's what your priority is.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 16 Nov, 2019 08:20 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Your fault, not ours.

I am not responsible for your decision to try to violate people's civil liberties for fun instead of trying to solve the problem.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 16 Nov, 2019 08:21 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
talk about orwelian double think,

Progressives really hate it when people post facts.
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Sat 16 Nov, 2019 12:46 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
When someone posts such a seemingly tailored number, you ought not doubt em.

Here's where we're going to expose your gullibility. Let's look at the reversed chronological order of these 44 "school shootings" in which "children are being slaughtered." And we'll look at them one at a time so as not to overwhelm you.
_______________________________________________________________________________________

A 19-year-old student was shot by a masked gunman while getting out of a car at Achievement Academy, a high school. His injuries were non-life-threatening. Authorities believe an altercation occurred between the victim and shooter.

So, is that your idea of school children being slaughtered because of semiautomatic weapons?