Guns: how much longer will it take ....

oralloy

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2019 07:52 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
s far as Oral. I dont insist he stop sounding a little slow headed, but Its my option to rmind him.

You're making the argument of an emotional infant: "Everyone who disagrees with me is stupid".

The only person here who sounds stupid is you when you stoop to such silly arguments.

farmerman wrote:
When he spaks in mantras and spews two lines about
1pistol grips
2 civil rights "for un"
Both are idiotic silly, stupid phrses that hve no business in a discussion from someone so slf satisfied.

Wrong again. When you insist on outlawing pistol grips, and you insist on doing it solely because you think it is fun to violate other people's civil liberties, it is entirely appropriate to challenge you on your bad behavior.

farmerman wrote:
Ive found his "Knowledge" of guns to be based on one single point, and, as far as real-world experience, Gunga snake and I took him a bit apart when he failed to explain how we target with a shotgun.

Wrong again. You did not "take me apart" in any way.

You did expose your own ignorance of guns though, when you spoke about firing rifles without aiming them.

http://able2know.org/topic/131081-86#post-6611192
Glennn

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2019 07:58 pm
@farmerman,
So here we are in a thread about guns, and you're on a rant about your problems with Trump, oraloy, the issue of impeachment, and your feelings concerning Clinton's impeachment. Lose track of your surroundings? Slow-headedness much?

Of course, to your credit, you did mention pistol grips, and how you view the mention of them as part of a mantra. However, that "mantra" happens to be a response to the mantras of those who repeatedly refer to a semiautomatic rifle as an assault weapon by virtue of its pistol grip.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2019 08:00 pm
@oralloy,
heeh heeh your like an ole small mouth bass I used to fish for. Always tie something shiny on the worm and you'd bring him up.
I had years of battle with him but he never learned a damn. But I kept turning him loose and he'd keep bitin as soon as his mouth healed.

Cmon, make a "smart persons point" and impress me with your abilities or wit, I dont care, just stop sounding like a bot..

Quote:
When you insist on outlawing pistol grips
OK, point to where IVE said that . Stop being the one whose sounding silly and use some truth in advertising
Glennn

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2019 08:05 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
Having our kids killed is about the most EXTREME means of interfering with ones civil rights

You know, alcohol kills waaaay more people, including kids, than guns ever did, and it's not even supposed to kill. And it's not necessary for hunting, self defense, or even sport. So what do you say we start a movement to ban that shyt . . . ya know, for the kids!
Quote:
I still insist e must do something about the availability of the kinds of guns that can do damage by virtue of being able to deliver heavy amounts of ammo downrange.

God you're dense. You're like a large-mouth bass. You open your mouth, but nothing really comes out. How many murders are you aware of in which the murderer needed a gun that could deliver heavy amounts of ammo downrange? Murders are done at close range. You should know that. You don't even understand that your problem is with magazine size.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2019 08:38 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
OK, point to where IVE said that .

When you wildly attack me for opposing a ban on pistol grips, that counts as supporting a ban on pistol grips.

Especially when it comes in a context where progressives are focusing on pistol grips to the exclusion of all other gun control, and you offer no opposition to focusing on pistol grips to the exclusion of all other gun control.

The most recent such post that I am aware of was here:
http://able2know.org/topic/131081-360#post-6927180
where you wrote:

"You and I both know Orals constant weenying about 'pistol grips' is a simple minded and quick way of denying the problem by using false 'reality')"

In other words, when
a) progressives demand that pistol grips be outlawed (and they focus on that to the exclusion of all other gun control), and
b) you offer no opposition to outlawing pistol grips, and
c) you offer no opposition to the idea of sabotaging all other gun control for the sake of an attempt to outlaw pistol grips, and
d) I oppose their demand to outlaw pistol grips, and
e) you wildly attack me for opposing their demand to outlaw pistol grips,
you are supporting a ban on pistol grips.

farmerman wrote:
Stop being the one whose sounding silly and use some truth in advertising

I'm not the one who sounds silly.

I always back up my claims. Note the contrast with your own recent failure to back up your claim of having pointed out errors in my posts.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2019 08:50 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
You and I both know Orals constant weenying about "pistol grips" is a simple minded and quick way of denying the problem

I oppose efforts to outlaw pistol grips because outlawing pistol grips is a grave violation of our civil liberties.

Efforts to outlaw pistol grips are not attempts to address any problem. Progressives do it solely for the joy of violating people's civil liberties.

farmerman wrote:
by using false "reality"

When progressives try to outlaw pistol grips, there is nothing false about me pointing that out.

farmerman wrote:
Sticking ones head in the sand and refusing to be part of the solution makes one merely a passive member of the problem.

Efforts to outlaw pistol grips are not attempts to solve any problem. Progressives do it because they enjoy violating people's civil liberties.

farmerman wrote:
Having our kids killed is about the most EXTREME means of interfering with ones civil rights

Efforts to outlaw pistol grips have nothing to do with the lives of any children.

farmerman wrote:
so your guy cannot mount a high moral ground that is believable (and hopefully will be indefensible in the long run).

Your refusal to believe in reality does not make reality any less real.

Support for our civil liberties is entirely defensible.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2019 10:02 pm
@farmerman,
I know of your background around weapons, you have mentioned it previously.

Out of curiosity, where does "gun control" stop for you? Where is your red line?
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2019 10:55 pm
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:

You mean the one in which a semiautomatic rifle that looks like an assault weapon will be lumped in with actual assault weapons, even though they don't meet the standard?

No, I mean the one in which assault weapons were clearly described.
InfraBlue

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2019 11:12 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:
There will be more to come.

Not unless you get the support of moderate gun rights activists.

I agree, that excludes the gun nuts.

oralloy wrote:
And you will have to abandon your radical extremism before you have a chance at getting that support.

That means no longer trying to violate people's civil liberties for fun.

Mine is not radical extremism. It's rational gun regulation for the good of the nation, not for fun.

InfraBlue

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2019 11:14 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:
Probably the reinstatement or some form of The Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Use Protection Act.

Not a chance. No one is going to let you violate their civil liberties for fun.

It's not for fun, it's rational gun regulation for the good of the nation.
glitterbag

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2019 11:28 pm
I find it so disappointing that my fellow countrymen are unwilling to fashion a sober rationale to reduce the murders of school children......it doesn't have to be a ban on every type of gun......we just seem to throw our hands in the air. because why? Is it because no one really gives a crap about children? We don't care about the abducted children living in cages, we really don't..or we would insist on better care or reunification.

We put a man on the moon, and then suddenly what? Nothing? Sure, lets rest on our dimly remembered laurels. I really think it's time to bring back the draft (yes, men and women) its important for everyone to have skin in the game..maybe then our 'leaders' will behave in a responsible manner....like the same unselfish service our all volunteer military are willing to provide.

oralloy

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2019 11:47 pm
@glitterbag,
Progressives do not care about saving children. Progressives only care about how much fun they have violating people's civil liberties.
oralloy

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2019 11:48 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
I agree, that excludes the gun nuts.

That is incorrect. We moderates fall within the group that you are targeting with your bigoted name-calling.

InfraBlue wrote:
Mine is not radical extremism.

That is incorrect. Your effort to ignore all gun control that would save lives, and instead focus solely on violating people's civil liberties for fun, is the epitome of radical extremism.

InfraBlue wrote:
It's rational gun regulation for the good of the nation, not for fun.

That is incorrect. Your effort to outlaw pistol grips does no good for the nation. Your sole motivation is to violate people's civil liberties for fun.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2019 11:50 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
It's not for fun, it's rational gun regulation for the good of the nation.

That is incorrect. Outlawing pistol grips does not do the nation any good. You do it solely because you enjoy violating people's civil liberties.
MontereyJack

Reply Fri 15 Nov, 2019 12:14 am
@oralloy,
oralloy must be ecstatic tonight, a couple more murdered kids for him to fantasize about pissing on their dead bodies. Sick.
glitterbag

Reply Fri 15 Nov, 2019 12:20 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

Progressives do not care about saving children. Progressives only care about how much fun they have violating people's civil liberties.

By definition, you are a self-proclaimed Progressive.
oralloy

Reply Fri 15 Nov, 2019 12:22 am
@glitterbag,
That is incorrect. I do not try to violate people's civil liberties. Not for fun. And not for any other reason.
glitterbag

Reply Fri 15 Nov, 2019 12:24 am
@oralloy,
You appear to be a chattering magpie, I hope you recover quickly.
oralloy

Reply Fri 15 Nov, 2019 12:26 am
@glitterbag,
No I don't.
oralloy

Reply Fri 15 Nov, 2019 12:27 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
oralloy must be ecstatic tonight, a couple more murdered kids for him to fantasize about pissing on their dead bodies. Sick.

You're the one who decided that violating people's civil liberties for fun was more important than saving lives.

Don't go blaming me for the consequences of your choices.