Guns: how much longer will it take ....

oralloy

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2019 03:30 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:
But irrationally obvious lies abound by you and your followers.

You cannot provide any examples of anything untrue in any of my posts.

I'm not sure that I have "followers", but I'm pretty sure that you cannot provide any examples of anything untrue in the posts of any other conservatives here either.

You might want to give some thought to the idea that "something that is obvious only to irrational people" might not represent reality.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2019 03:46 pm
@Baldimo,
You do know theres agreat big IFIn the d err dont you.
MontereyJack

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2019 03:50 pm
@oralloy,
You are an extremely poor judge of what is ansurd or frivolous. Scotus clearly disagreed with you. Maybe youre the onr who should be shipped to gitmo
Baldimo

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2019 03:52 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
You do know theres agreat big IFIn the d err dont you.

I don't think it's that big of an "if". NY tried to change the law after it went to the SC because they know they are going to lose.

My point still stands, you will complain that they ruled wrong.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2019 03:53 pm
@MontereyJack,
There is some question over whether this new gun case before the Supreme Court will be a narrow or a broad ruling. But there is not much question which side is going to prevail if they decide to go forward with the case (which they will almost certainly do).

Keep in mind that they voted to take this case almost immediately after Kavanaugh was confirmed.

And keep in mind Kavanaugh's stirring dissent on semi-auto rifles like the AR-15 when he was on the lower court.

http://prospect.org/justice/judge-kavanaugh-s-extremist-position-second-amendment/

Hopefully Kavanaugh will be the one to write the majority opinion in this case.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2019 03:53 pm
@oralloy,
What if its a jury trial??? I can see a whole new industry wuth a whole generation of sharp new trial attorneys just chomping at getting a "piece "of the "immunity clause" of the gun Mfrs.

I predict that, with a jury , or a panel of judge, the plaintiffs will win and then the gun mfr will be appeal it and win at the nexy level level . Nevertheless, the whole bag of new cases based on certain aspects of the 2nd Amendment (Remember what Scalia said)will be opened up just like happened to tobacco companies, asbestus, and lead paint where itll boil down to aspects of victims civil rights and depraved indifference. The immunity decision has absolutely nothing to do with a gun manufacturer's standing wrt what the 2nd amendment says.
When enough cases inflict "death by a thousand cuts", the gun mfrs will start thinking about intended targets civil rights and maybe begin to control manufacture and unlimited access of " ersatz military style" guns

Ill then be looking forward to those generational changes we will have to make to control gun brandishing of semi-auto "Military appearing" death rifles and pistols.
oralloy

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2019 03:55 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
What if its a jury trial??? I can see a whole new industry with a whole generation of sharp new trial attorneys just chomping at getting a "piece "of the "immunity clause" of the gun Mfrs.

I predict that, with a jury, or a panel of judge, the plaintiffs will win and then the gun mfr will be appeal it and win at the next level level.

A win is a win. Remington just needs to follow up by seizing the homes and retirement accounts of all the people who filed this frivolous lawsuit.

farmerman wrote:
Nevertheless, the whole bag of new cases based on certain aspects of the 2nd Amendment (Remember what Scalia said)will be opened up just like happened to tobacco companies, asbestos, and lead paint where itll boil down to aspects of victims civil rights and depraved indifference.

The gun industry needs to keep seizing the assets of everyone who files these frivolous lawsuits.

farmerman wrote:
When enough cases inflict "death by a thousand cuts", the gun mfrs will start thinking about intended targets civil rights and maybe begin to control manufacture and unlimited access of " ersatz military style" guns

If they keep seizing all of the assets of everyone who files these frivolous lawsuits, there will be no cuts.

And the notion that "selling a gun with a pistol grip on it violates anyone's rights" is just silly.

farmerman wrote:
Ill then be looking forward to those generational changes we will have to make to control gun brandishing of semi-auto "Military appearing" death rifles and pistols.

You'll be looking for something that will never happen.

We have rights here in America, and we have courts to enforce those rights.
oralloy

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2019 04:02 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
You are an extremely poor judge of what is absurd or frivolous.

That is incorrect. I'm an excellent judge of that.

MontereyJack wrote:
Scotus clearly disagreed with you.

Hopefully Remington will make an example of these thugs by seizing their homes and retirement accounts.

I suppose some of these homes still have the bedrooms of those dead kids all preserved. If Remington ever wants to demolish their newly-seized properties so they can auction off the land, I'll be happy to drive the bulldozer for them.

I'd have to learn how to drive one, but it would be well worth the effort I think. 😎

MontereyJack wrote:
Maybe youre the one who should be shipped to gitmo

I'm not the one who always wants to harm innocent people by abusing the justice system.
MontereyJack

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2019 02:53 pm
@oralloy,
No. Youre merely the one who makes it super easy for murderers to get the guns they use to violate civil rights by killing.
MontereyJack

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2019 02:56 pm
@oralloy,
That you think youre excellent is an excellent example of how out of touch with reality you really are.
MontereyJack

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2019 03:00 pm
@oralloy,
If remington wins and is stupid enough to try that against sandy hook parents theyd face a backlash from the public that wod drive them out of business
farmerman

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2019 04:13 pm
@oralloy,
1. NO, a win as a result of an appeal may not be subject to a treble damage claim by the appellant. Seeing an indutry "going after houses would be dumass business and would more quickly bring on my generational prediction. You really dont get out much do you??

Quote:
The gun industry needs to keep seizing the assets of everyone who files these frivolous lawsuits.
BZZT "click click". "Daisy Daisy--give me your answer doooo."

Quote:
And the notion that "selling a gun with a pistol grip on it violates anyone's rights" is just silly.
You still trying to push that crap?? Oh yeh, youre a bot and bots are dumb as a sack of cement.

4. When the Constitution is finally amended from its present out of date 2nd Amendment to something more in tune wiith whatever times it takes, you can always move to your chosen town and unlimited gun, Somewhere like Muqdisho.
Have a nice day.
oralloy

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2019 05:06 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
No. Youre merely the one who makes it super easy for murderers to get the guns they use to violate civil rights by killing.

That is incorrect. Preventing you from outlawing pistol grips does not make it any easier for murderers to get guns.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2019 05:07 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
That you think youre excellent is an excellent example of how out of touch with reality you really are.

In a way, but not in the way that you intended.

It shows that I am very well in touch with reality.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2019 05:08 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
If remington wins and is stupid enough to try that against sandy hook parents theyd face a backlash from the public that wod drive them out of business

No they won't. Such an act will inspire freedom lovers everywhere to buy guns from them.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2019 05:09 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
1. NO, a win as a result of an appeal may not be subject to a treble damage claim by the appellant.

I never said anything about triple damages.

farmerman wrote:
Seeing an indutry "going after houses would be dumass business and would more quickly bring on my generational prediction. You really dont get out much do you??

It will do no such thing. Remington has every right to seize the homes, retirement accounts, college funds, and any other assets that these Sandy Hook thugs currently own.

farmerman wrote:
BZZT "click click". "Daisy Daisy--give me your answer doooo."

That is less-bad than your usual arguments. You should just post random gibberish instead of trying to think for yourself.

farmerman wrote:
Oh yeh, youre a bot and bots are dumb as a sack of cement.

The argument of an emotional infant: "Everyone who disagrees with me is stupid!"

farmerman wrote:
4. When the Constitution is finally amended from its present out of date 2nd Amendment to something more in tune wiith whatever times it takes, you can always move to your chosen town and unlimited gun, Somewhere like Muqdisho.
Have a nice day.

Progressives dream of abolishing freedom and civil liberties. That's what makes Mr. Trump such a great president. He protects our freedom and civil liberties.
farmerman

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2019 09:10 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
I never said anything about triple damages
OOOH, so although you want to treat all people who dont believe your insane ravings with being
1 outlawed
2 separated from all their property
3 Banned from the US

Now you want to grant them clemency? by not demanding treble damages??

I hope youll soon be getting that help you desperately need.(Where you believe your lies and insane beliefs are actually facts?)

Quote:
Remington has every right to seize the homes, retirement accounts, college funds, and any other assets that these Sandy Hook thugs currently own.
Is Your head comfortable up there in your ass?

Quote:
He protects our freedom and civil liberties.
Thats what they aid about Mussolini too, until they found out theyd been had. Ya gotta show some thinking skills every so often.

oralloy

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2019 09:27 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
I hope youll soon be getting that help you desperately need.(Where you believe your lies and insane beliefs are actually facts?)

You cannot point out anything untrue in my posts.

farmerman wrote:
Is Your head comfortable up there in your ass?

If you don't want to pay the other party's legal costs, don't hassle people with frivolous lawsuits.

farmerman wrote:
Thats what they aid about Mussolini too, until they found out theyd been had.

Trump really is preventing you from violating people's civil liberties for fun. That's why you are ranting and name-calling.

farmerman wrote:
Ya gotta show some thinking skills every so often.

Another case of emotional infancy on your part: "Everyone who disagrees with me is stupid!"
farmerman

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2019 09:46 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
You cannot point out anything untrue in my posts.
Your posts are riddled with errors, but youre so into mental masturbation an self aggrandizement, you dont even believe your gas gage.

Quote:
Trump really is preventing you from violating people's civil liberties for fun
Why dont you strive for some creativity besides your insolence??
snood

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2019 09:51 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Is your head comfortable up there in your ass?

A classic example of tailoring the question for the interviewee.
0 Replies