Guns: how much longer will it take ....

revelette3

Reply Wed 16 Oct, 2019 03:14 pm
@MontereyJack,
I only hope more people focus on the senate as well as the presidential election.

Moreover, the reason we did well in 2018 was on the issues, it was in the exit polling at the time. (just answering two post with one, the other for Baldimo.)
Baldimo

Reply Wed 16 Oct, 2019 03:20 pm
@revelette3,
Exactly which exit polls are you talking about? The one's I've seen all point to Russia, the 2016 election and impeachment.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 16 Oct, 2019 03:44 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
By coming out with that BS

The fact that you call "defense of civil liberties" BS says a lot about you.

farmerman wrote:
youre just trying to mount some Mt Morality.

Those of us who defend civil liberties do so because we value civil liberties. That we are more moral than you are is just a natural consequence.

farmerman wrote:
Your reasons however are dark, obtuse,

Progressives are not really capable of understanding why Americans love freedom and civil liberties.

farmerman wrote:
and composed of witless rote.

Your contempt for facts is typical of a progressive. Reality exists despite your rejection of it.

farmerman wrote:
Id really like to engage with some intelligent spokesman from the 2 A crowd, all we have is you.

My IQ is 170.

farmerman wrote:
Cant you do better than to sound like a bot?

Progressives are ignorant of concepts like reality, but facts don't actually change from post to post.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 16 Oct, 2019 03:45 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
BTW, if you dont start sounding a bit smarter, I shall quietly leave you and request others also to disabuse themselves of your prattle, thus giving you no further platform except to holler up your own ass.

If you stopped spouting ignorance and name-calling, that would be a great improvement.

I don't believe that you are capable of stopping. But if you are, by all means, go ahead and stop.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 16 Oct, 2019 03:47 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:
Isn't that vindictive? Among other things.

Since he is a progressive, he is probably trying for something like vindictiveness.

But all he has to offer is ignorance, and the only tactic that he knows how to use is name-calling. And if he really carried out his threat to stop spewing ignorance and name-calling, that would be actually great.

"Oh please Brer Fox, whatever you do, please don't throw me into the briar patch."

Unfortunately I don't think he will comply with his threat. Progressives will never stop spouting ignorance and name-calling.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 16 Oct, 2019 03:49 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Some sense teturned to rhe house after the 18 election.

It is curious how people who either oppose civil liberties or support fascism always claim some variation of common sense.

You might want to take a second look at how little gun control has actually passed in the House.

MontereyJack wrote:
You make it clear why we now have to do the same for the nra toadies in the senate next year.

Actually if you ever want to pass any new gun laws, what you need to do is stop trying to violate people's civil liberties for fun, compensate your victims, and then work with civil liberties organizations instead of attacking us.

Otherwise.... No soup for you!
Olivier5

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2019 03:19 am
Quote:
Sandy Hook father awarded $450,000 in defamation suit against university professor
By Louis Casiano | Fox News

A Wisconsin jury has awarded the father of a boy killed in the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting $450,000 following a defamation lawsuit against a retired university professor who claimed the massacre never happened.

Leonard Pozner, whose 6-year-old son Noah was among 26 victims killed at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., in 2012, filed the defamation lawsuit against James Fetzer for disparaging comments he made about the tragedy.

In a statement, Pozner thanked the jury “for recognizing the pain and terror that Mr. Fetzer has purposefully inflicted on me and on other victims of these horrific mass casualty events, like the Sandy Hook shooting,” the Wisconsin State Journal reported.

Fetzer, a retired University of Minnesota Duluth professor now living in Wisconsin, and Mike Palacek co-wrote a book, "Nobody Died at Sandy Hook," in which they claimed the shooting was staged by the Obama administration in an effort to enact tighter gun control restrictions.

Palacek reached an undisclosed settlement with Pozner last month. Fetzer called the damages awarded by the Dane County jury "absurd" and said he would appeal.

Pozner testified that he's received harassment and death threats from conspiracy theorists who claimed he was an actor and that his son never existed. A separate defamation lawsuit by Sandy Hook parents against "Infowars" host Alex Jones, one of the biggest proponents of the theory that the shooting never happened, is pending.

“I had attempted to be transparent. I published Noah’s death certificate on a social media page I used as a memorial page. And after doing that I was accused of being a fake and a fraud and that changed everything,” he said, according to the Wisconsin State Journal.

Along with other Sandy Hook parents, Pozner has spent years lobbying Facebook to remove conspiracist videos about the shooting from its platform.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/sandy-hook-father-awarded-450000-in-defamation-suit-against-university-professor
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2019 04:44 am
@oralloy,
It all comes down to the ballot box. Break the murderous necrophiliac grip of the NRA, the GOP, and uber-right conservatism and their assault on America. Vote straight blue in 2020 and turn the whole swine-like crew out of office and out of our lives for good.
snood

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2019 05:39 am
@MontereyJack,
An insult to swine, but well said.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2019 04:26 pm
@MontereyJack,
Preventing progressives from violating people's civil liberties for fun is neither murderous nor an assault on America.

All it does is prevent progressives from having fun by pointlessly violating people's civil liberties.
oralloy

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2019 04:30 pm
@MontereyJack,
The odds are slim of Democrats achieving control of the House, control of the White House, and a filibuster-proof majority in the Senate all at the same time.

And progressives haven't even been able to get very much gun control passed in this year's Democratically-controlled House.

I hear that there are some windmills that would like to joust with you. Maybe you should pursue that instead.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2019 10:34 pm
@oralloy,
total blahblahvlah as usual. No more sense or truth in the hundredth time you've posted it than the first time you posted it. Nonsense the first time, nonsense this time.
oralloy

Reply Fri 18 Oct, 2019 07:24 am
@MontereyJack,
I know that reality makes progressives sad, and I know that "being prevented from violating people's civil liberties for fun" makes progressives sad. But no. It is a fact that "preventing progressives from violating people's civil liberties for fun" doesn't harm anyone.

When progressives are prevented from violating people's civil liberties for fun, the only real impact is that lots of good people don't have their civil liberties violated.
RABEL222

Reply Fri 18 Oct, 2019 01:04 pm
@oralloy,
So you think fun is shooting schoolchildren in a school or a church? You are one sick individual.
coldjoint

Reply Fri 18 Oct, 2019 01:17 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
So you think fun is shooting schoolchildren in a school or a church? You are one sick individual.

So you think accusing someone of something so ridiculous helps the little credibility you have?
oralloy

Reply Fri 18 Oct, 2019 02:58 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:
So you think fun is shooting schoolchildren in a school or a church?

No.

RABEL222 wrote:
You are one sick individual.

That is incorrect. I'm one of the good guys. It's the progressives who are evil.
MontereyJack

Reply Sat 19 Oct, 2019 09:08 am
@oralloy,
nonsense.
MontereyJack

Reply Sat 19 Oct, 2019 09:12 am
@coldjoint,
Oralloy's repeated position on victims of gun violence is to have their bodies piled up neatly so he can piss on them. That does in fact seem to be his idea of fun, from his own mouth. Do you agree with his desire, joint?
coldjoint

Reply Sat 19 Oct, 2019 04:42 pm
@MontereyJack,
Produce the post and I will give you an answer.
snood

Reply Sat 19 Oct, 2019 05:47 pm
@coldjoint,
You don’t believe Oralloy said it, or you’re just too lazy to look back through the thread?