Guns: how much longer will it take ....

Baldimo

Reply Thu 3 Oct, 2019 03:54 pm
Welcome to A2K.
Glennn

Reply Thu 3 Oct, 2019 04:05 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
The numbers get really twisted around when they try to claim how many "school" shootings there were. They count anything on or near a school as a school shooting. Drug deal at 2 am on school grounds, they consider that a school shooting.

Yeah, here's a list of school shootings from 2000 to 2017. They confirm your point quite well.

Buell Elementary School in 2000: Six year old shoots female classmate. Before shooting her, he said he didn't like her. She had rebuffed him the day before when he tried to kiss her.

Beach High School in 2000: Shooting was outside of a school, and neither the shooter nor the two victims attended the school.

Lake Worth Florida in 2000: On last day of school, shooter was sent home for throwing water ballon. Returned with handgun and shot teacher who sent him home.

Lake Clifton Eastern High School: 2001: Seventeen year old student shot with handgun while standing next to flagpole. It was a drive-by shooting.

Santana High School in 2001: Bullied shooter kills two students.

Lew Wallace High School in 2001: seventeen year old shooter kills one student. Police chief said it was a one on one shooting.

John McDonogh High School in 2003: Student shot by two men. Shooting was the result of a vendetta.

Red Lion Junior High in 2003: Student shoots junior high school principal and then kills himself.

Rocori High Schools in 2003: Student shoots two classmates because one victim had bullied him about his acne. The other victim was shot accidentally. The shooter then emptied the bullets from his gun and dropped it to the floor.

Campbell County High School in 2005: Student kills principal and two principal assistants with handgun.

Essex Elementary School in 2006: A 27 year old man shoots a teacher in revenge for an earlier incident.

Platte Canyon High School in 2006: A 53 year old man kills a student and then kills himself.

Weston School in 2006: Student shoots principal with a handgun.

West Nickel Amish School in 2006: A man enters a one-room school house and shoots five students, and then kills himself.

Virginia Tech in 2007: A senior student kills 32 students with handguns.

Louisiana Tech College in 2008: Female student kills two female students and then kills herself.

Nothern Illinois University in 2008: Graduate student kills five students and then kills himself.

Dillard High School in 2008: Female student kills a female student because of unrequited love.

Discovery Middle School in 2010: Student kills another student.

ALCollege Campus in 2010: Biology professor kills 3 people after being denied tenure.

Ohio State University in 2010: Forty-eight year old building services manager kills other manager and then kills himself.

Millard South High School in 2011: Student kills assistant principal and then kills himself.

Worthing High School in 2011: One student shot outside school. Police believe it to be gang-related.

San Jose State University in 2011: Three people killed in a double murder/suicide in a garage area.

Virginia Tech Parking Lot in 2011: Shooter kills police officer at traffic stop in school parking lot, and then kills himself.

Chardon High School in 2012: Student kills 3 students.

Episcopal High School in 2012: Fired teacher kills Head of School and then kills himself.

Christian School in 2012: Forty-three year old shooter kills seven.

Santa Monica College in 2013: Thirty year old man on shooting rampage chased by police to college campus where he killed one student.

Marysville Pilchuck High School in 2014: Student kills four classmates and then kills himself.

Umpqua Community College in 2015: Twenty-six year old kills 8 students and an assistant professor.

Rancho Tehama Reserve in 2017: Shooter choosing targets at random opened fire in a rural Northern California town Tuesday, killing four people at several sites and wounding others at an elementary school before police shot him dead.

Aztec High School Shooting in 2017: Twenty-one year old former student kills two students and then kills himself.
Glennn

Reply Thu 3 Oct, 2019 04:08 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
Welcome to A2K.

A2K? That sounds like a rifle that should be banned. Smile
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Reply Thu 3 Oct, 2019 10:40 pm
@Glennn,
The only thing you've done, was prove exactly how irresponsible Americans are with weapons, safety, protocols and laws.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2019 12:34 am
I googled the number of mass shootings for 2019 and stand by that number. If 3 people are murdered its too many. You both just show your inhumanity by dismissing these figures.
Glennn

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2019 08:55 am
@RABEL222,
Quote:
I googled the number of mass shootings for 2019 and stand by that number.

You can stand by that number 'til the cows come home, but that doesn't change the fact that in 147 of them, no one was killed. You're just demonstrating how it is that hysterics can cause one to see what isn't there.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2019 09:14 am
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:
... the fact that in 147 of them, no one was killed. ...
So mass shootings only count as such, if someone is killed?
Glennn

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2019 09:44 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Mass shooting is a term that has replaced the word murder and double murder. Mass shooting is a term designed to create an image of someone going to a location for the express purpose of gunning down as many people as possible indiscriminately. I invite you to go to the link below and click on to the reference links for each one of them, and see for yourself how many of them qualify as a mass shooting.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mass_shootings_in_the_United_States_in_2019
Baldimo

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2019 10:34 am
@Walter Hinteler,
It's typically the type of shootings that count as well as people shot. Someone who killed their family would count as a mass shooting, just because 4 or more people were either shot or killed.
As noted, a good portion of the shootings listed are either gang related, Chicago is a good example. Chicago has a the equivalent of a mass shooting every week/weekend and it only happens on the south and west sides. That is not your average gun owner, that is gang and drug activity. Basically conflating normal crime activity for a mass shooting.
https://heyjackass.com/

0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2019 10:48 am
@Glennn,
I invite you to read the law, US law that is: PUBLIC LAW 112–265—JAN. 14, 2013 126 STAT. 2435
Glennn

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2019 11:22 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Thanks for the invite, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you point out the pertinent segment.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/6/101

I found what you thought would support your position. But it turns out that you shot yourself in the foot.

‘‘(2) DEFINITIONS.—For purposes of this subsection— ‘‘(A) the term ‘mass killings’ means 3 or more killings in a single incident . . .

https://www.congress.gov/112/plaws/publ265/PLAW-112publ265.pdf
Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2019 11:40 am
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:
I found what you thought would support your position. But it turns out that you shot yourself in the foot.
Is a question in American English a position?
If not, how were you able to get my position? I have none here.

Baldimo

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2019 11:43 am
@Walter Hinteler,
What is your position?
Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2019 11:55 am
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:
What is your position?

Walter Hinteler wrote:
If not, how were you able to get my position? I have none here.

Sorry that my English is so bad that it isn't to understand.#I try it gain:
I don't have position here.
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2019 11:59 am
@Walter Hinteler,
You said you googled the number of mass shootings for 2019 and that you stand by that number. I told you that that that doesn't change the fact that in 147 of them, no one was killed. You then said, "So mass shootings only count as such, if someone is killed?" You were implying that those 147 shootings qualify as mass shootings. And in support of that opinion, you cited PUBLIC LAW 112–265—JAN. 14, 2013 126 STAT. 2435. When I showed you that what you cited failed to back up your position, you suddenly declare that you have no position here.

Gotcha!
Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2019 12:37 pm
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:
You said you googled the number of mass shootings for 2019 and that you stand by that number. I told you that that that doesn't change the fact that in 147 of them, no one was killed. You then said, "So mass shootings only count as such, if someone is killed?" You were implying that those 147 shootings qualify as mass shootings. And in support of that opinion, you cited PUBLIC LAW 112–265—JAN. 14, 2013 126 STAT. 2435. When I showed you that what you cited failed to back up your position, you suddenly declare that you have no position here.

Gotcha!
Whatever you suppose that I've implied, again: I don't have a position here.

But it really might be that posing a question in German doesn't mean that you imply something. Me bad that I didn't know such is different in American English.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2019 12:46 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
They're looking for a reason to disagree, act contrary, pin whatever opinion they see fit and then attack a straw man.

It's what the NRA call culture.
Glennn

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2019 12:47 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
Me bad that I didn't know such is different in American English.

LOL! Too late for that kind of bullshit. I've just went through a lot of your previous posts in other threads, and you don't have the kind of problem that you claim to have in this thread. Perhaps it's an intermittent problem.

Bottom line is that you shot your self in the foot and you're looking for a way out.
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2019 12:55 pm
@izzythepush,
Mr. Hinteler lied about what constitutes a mass shooting. He got caught offering up a source that does NOT support his claim:

‘(2) DEFINITIONS.—For purposes of this subsection— ‘‘(A) the term ‘mass killings’ means 3 or more killings in a single incident . . .

I guess his hope was that I wouldn't hunt it down. It was a gamble, but he got busted.

And now you are here presumably to console him and stroke his booboo.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2019 12:56 pm
@izzythepush,
Well, it really can't be that bad if ask ask about the legal bases and legal definitions - we don't have the legal term "mass shooting" here, and even the colloquially used term Amoklauf ("run amok") is legally defined.