Guns: how much longer will it take ....

MontereyJack

Reply Wed 28 Aug, 2019 10:14 am
@oralloy,
Excepr of course when you are dling with your opinionn which you always treat as if it were fact. And in your reply you treated an opinio as having a truth value which you deny opinions have. Youre really all over the place.
MontereyJack

Reply Wed 28 Aug, 2019 10:16 am
@oralloy,
Then why do you make so many dumb posts? The whole pistol grip series springs immediately to mind.
oralloy

Reply Wed 28 Aug, 2019 10:49 am
@MontereyJack,
I don't make dumb posts.

The whole pistol grips series proves that progressives do not care about saving lives and are simply out to violate people's civil liberties for the fun of it. That is a legitimate criticism. Progressives are bad people.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 28 Aug, 2019 10:54 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Excepr of course when you are dling with your opinionn which you always treat as if it were fact.

Well it is my opinion after all. It's kind of to be expected that if someone holds an opinion, they believe that it's true.

MontereyJack wrote:
And in your reply you treated an opinio as having a truth value

No. If I am referring to something as being definitively true, I am treating it as a fact, not as an opinion.

MontereyJack wrote:
which you deny opinions have. Youre really all over the place.

Let's look at the post that I just made a few minutes ago.

This is a fact: Progressives deliberately try to violate people's civil liberties for the sole reason that they enjoy violating people's civil liberties.

This is an opinion: Progressives are bad people.

Can you see the difference between fact and opinion now? I posted a mixture of both in a single post.
MontereyJack

Reply Wed 28 Aug, 2019 12:09 pm
@oralloy,
That is the problem. You post them all thevsame
. as fact. And frankly your opinions are bullshit. And a lot of your socalled facts are drawn from biased sources whiv.ch only present one narrow side of a complex issue where no side can decisively said to be the winner with the truth.
MontereyJack

Reply Wed 28 Aug, 2019 12:17 pm
@MontereyJack,
And your so called fact is an opinion and a stupid one because it gas absolutely no relkation to any actual motivation or intent or result by thode you claim are doing it. This is a fact: pretty much everything rightists think about liberals progressives peop on the left is wrong. This is also a fact rightists rend to m s ke statements from ideologies rather than facts
oralloy

Reply Wed 28 Aug, 2019 12:32 pm
@MontereyJack,
That is incorrect. It is a fact.

If the motivation for trying to ban pistol grips on semi-auto rifles is anything other than "the desire to violate people's civil liberties for fun", then what is the true motivation for trying to ban pistol grips on semi-auto rifles?
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 28 Aug, 2019 12:33 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
And a lot of your socalled facts are drawn from biased sources which only present one narrow side of a complex issue where no side can decisively said to be the winner with the truth.

That is incorrect. All of my facts can be supported by reputable sources, by sound logic, or by both reputable sources and sound logic.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Wed 28 Aug, 2019 12:38 pm
@oralloy,
Fine. Give some evidencevand cites that deondtrate what you just said was a fact is in fact true which it is not.
oralloy

Reply Wed 28 Aug, 2019 12:48 pm
@MontereyJack,
"The fact that no one can propose any alternative motivation for trying to outlaw pistol grips on semi-auto rifles" is evidence that the only motivation for trying to outlaw pistol grips on semi-auto rifles is a desire to violate people's civil liberties for fun.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 28 Aug, 2019 12:55 pm
@oralloy,
Spaghetti logic.
MontereyJack

Reply Wed 28 Aug, 2019 12:57 pm
@oralloy,
So if you believe your opinion to be true you should be able to prrovide some cites and evidence to back that up unless youre just airy-fairying it as seems often to be the case.
oralloy

Reply Wed 28 Aug, 2019 01:00 pm
@MontereyJack,
The fact that I say it's my opinion is evidence that it is my opinion.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/airy-fairy
You cannot provide any examples of me ever being unrealistic or impractical.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 28 Aug, 2019 01:02 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:
Spaghetti logic.

The logic is straightforward. If there was some other motivation, someone would be able to produce it.
MontereyJack

Reply Thu 29 Aug, 2019 12:13 am
@oralloy,
Your "logic" is not straightforward. It's nonsense. No one offers justification for baning isto grips on rifles, BECAUSE NO ONE ADVOCATES BANING PISTOL GRIPS ON RIFLES.What people are interested in baning are ASAult-STYLE RIFLES, not their grips, pistol or not.FLES. That is purely your obsession. aND WE KEP TELING YOU WHT THE MOTIVATION IS F THAT. TOO MANY PEOPLE ARE BEING KILED AND HAVING THEIR CIVIL RIGHT TO LIFE VIOLATED BY GUN VIOLENCE. tHE COUNTRY GENERALY FINDS THAT UNACEPTABLE. Th at;s the motivation. Saying it's done for fun is purely stupid. You disagree. Most of the country does not buy yur argument. Your sugestions as to motivation are purely your opinion and have no basis in fact.
MontereyJack

Reply Thu 29 Aug, 2019 12:16 am
@oralloy,
And we tel you this over and over and you ignore it. An argument based on sher bullheaded stubbornness is not a valid argument
oralloy

Reply Thu 29 Aug, 2019 12:53 am
@MontereyJack,
That is incorrect. I do not ignore your arguments. I address your claims head on.
oralloy

Reply Thu 29 Aug, 2019 12:57 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Your "logic" is not straightforward. It's nonsense.

That is incorrect. You cannot show any flaws in my logic.

MontereyJack wrote:
No one offers justification for banning pistol grips on rifles, BECAUSE NO ONE ADVOCATES BANNING PISTOL GRIPS ON RIFLES.

That is incorrect. You advocate it continuously.

MontereyJack wrote:
What people are interested in banning are ASSAult-STYLE RIFLES, not their grips, pistol or not.

As I said, you advocate it continuously.

What you are wrongly referring to as "assault-style rifles" are just ordinary rifles with pistol grips attached to them.

MontereyJack wrote:
That is purely your obsession.

You are the one who keeps insisting on banning ordinary rifles with pistol grips attached to them.

MontereyJack wrote:
aND WE KEEP TELLING YOU WHAT THE MOTIVATION IS F THAT. TOO MANY PEOPLE ARE BEING KILLED AND HAVING THEIR CIVIL RIGHT TO LIFE VIOLATED BY GUN VIOLENCE. tHE COUNTRY GENERALLY FINDS THAT UNACCEPTABLE. That's the motivation.

That is incorrect. Banning pistol grips on ordinary rifles does not do anything to save any lives whatsoever. So that isn't your motivation.

MontereyJack wrote:
Saying it's done for fun is purely stupid.

You cannot give any alternative motivation for banning pistol grips on ordinary rifles besides the fact that you enjoy violating people's civil liberties.

MontereyJack wrote:
Most of the country does not buy your argument.

Irrelevant.

MontereyJack wrote:
Your suggestions as to motivation are purely your opinion and have no basis in fact.

That is incorrect. You cannot provide any motivation for banning pistol grips on ordinary rifles other than the fact that you enjoy violating people's civil liberties.
MontereyJack

Reply Thu 29 Aug, 2019 05:03 am
@oralloy,
None of your contentions in that post are true. The ones in my post are true. No matter how often you repeat the same silliness it remains silliness. There is a reason they are called assault weapons bans and not pistol grip bans. There are reasons Trump consistently loses head to head matchups with most 2020 chalengers, his cavein to the NRA is one very potent one.
snood

Reply Thu 29 Aug, 2019 05:06 am
@MontereyJack,
Don’t let him under your skin, MJ. They operate in an alternate reality, they rely on confusion and denial over reason; they have no investment in acknowledging simple truths like most Americans want stronger gun control, the president lies daily, white supremacists presently commit the most acts of domestic terrorism, etc, etc, etc.