Guns: how much longer will it take ....

MontereyJack

Reply Thu 29 Aug, 2019 05:08 am
@oralloy,
Your notion of addressing my arguments headon is to repeat the same contrafactual nonsense over and over.
MontereyJack

Reply Thu 29 Aug, 2019 05:11 am
@snood,
Snood as usual speaks plain truth.
Baldimo

Reply Thu 29 Aug, 2019 08:25 am
@MontereyJack,
The talk about pistol grips isn't non-sense. It can be proven very easily by looking at weapons that have banned in the past and more recently. They always add the black scrary looking guns by don't add the same exact type of guns that don't have pistol grips. The Ruger Ranch Rifle is a perfect example, it shoots the same small rounds the standard AR-15 shoots, either .223 or 5.56, it has a magazine and is semi-auto. The only reason it doesn't make the list is because it isn't a scary looking rifle with a pistol grip. Plenty of hunting rifles are semi-auto but they aren't black and don't have a pistol grip.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Thu 29 Aug, 2019 08:26 am
@MontereyJack,
If Snood spoke the plain truth, he would admit that the AR-15 is not like the M-16A2 he shot in the military. If he thinks those are "weapons of war", then he isn't being honest. As a recently retired Army guy, he should know these things.
oralloy

Reply Thu 29 Aug, 2019 11:10 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
None of your contentions in that post are true. The ones in my post are true. No matter how often you repeat the same silliness it remains silliness.

If progressives had any alternative motivation for trying to ban pistol grips on ordinary rifles, besides their desire to violate people's civil liberties for fun, you'd be able to provide that alternative motivation.

You can't. And that is because the only reason why progressives are trying to ban pistol grips on ordinary rifles is because they enjoy violating people's civil liberties.

MontereyJack wrote:
There is a reason they are called assault weapons bans and not pistol grip bans.

Yes. That reason is because progressives are lying about what they are trying to ban.
oralloy

Reply Thu 29 Aug, 2019 11:11 am
@snood,
snood wrote:
They operate in an alternate reality, they rely on confusion and denial over reason; they have no investment in acknowledging simple truths

You have a big mouth, but you aren't capable of pointing out anything that we are actually wrong about.

snood wrote:
most Americans want stronger gun control,

Too bad for them.

No new gun laws for you! Next!
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 29 Aug, 2019 11:12 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Your notion of addressing my arguments headon is to repeat the same contrafactual nonsense over and over.

You cannot point out anything untrue in my posts.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 29 Aug, 2019 11:14 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Snood as usual speaks plain truth.

Snood hopes that no one will notice that he can't back up his big mouth by actually pointing out anything that we are wrong about.

Sorry Snood. We all noticed.
MontereyJack

Reply Thu 29 Aug, 2019 11:05 pm
@oralloy,
Every time you repeat your nonsense it remains nonsense.
glitterbag

Reply Thu 29 Aug, 2019 11:17 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

If Snood spoke the plain truth, he would admit that the AR-15 is not like the M-16A2 he shot in the military. If he thinks those are "weapons of war", then he isn't being honest. As a recently retired Army guy, he should know these things.

Have you ever fired an M-*******-16??? How old are you? I had that monster pointed at me by my first husband...if Baldimo ever served he may have gone thru basic and learned to fire rifles, but if he were in a support unit he didn't have to qualify regularly or to practice going thru gas chamber exercises.
oralloy

Reply Thu 29 Aug, 2019 11:22 pm
@glitterbag,
How does this change the fact that an AR-15 is not an M-16?
oralloy

Reply Thu 29 Aug, 2019 11:24 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Every time you repeat your nonsense it remains nonsense.

You cannot point out anything untrue in anything that I said.
MontereyJack

Reply Thu 29 Aug, 2019 11:25 pm
@oralloy,
Yes I can. That statement is untrue.
oralloy

Reply Thu 29 Aug, 2019 11:36 pm
@MontereyJack,
If you could point out anything untrue in what I said, you would do so.

You won't, and that's because you can't.
MontereyJack

Reply Thu 29 Aug, 2019 11:48 pm
@oralloy,
I have repeatedly, If your attention span were longer than that of a flea, you might remember.
oralloy

Reply Thu 29 Aug, 2019 11:54 pm
@MontereyJack,
You cannot point out a single post where you have ever pointed out any errors in what I said. Nor can you list any of these imaginary errors directly.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Fri 30 Aug, 2019 12:08 am
@Baldimo,
Whaere do you get of calling them not weapons of war. I trust you remember that World War 2, the Korean War, and to some extent the War in Vietnam, all well within the memory of thousands of living veterans who did not spend their military years serving in the motor pool, were fought in large part with the semi automatic Garand, similar to the AR-15. And the AR-15 has at a rough estimate, something lie 30 times the fire power of the single shot unrifled muzzleloaders the Revolution was fought with, which was al the Founding Fathers had to look at when they were writing the 2nd amendment, so thoroughly misunderstood by rightists today. They would have considered it a Terror Weapon/
oralloy

Reply Fri 30 Aug, 2019 12:14 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Where do you get of calling them not weapons of war.

Maybe it's the fact that they aren't weapons of war. Armies tend to use weapons with full-auto or burst-fire capability.

MontereyJack wrote:
I trust you remember that World War 2, the Korean War, and to some extent the War in Vietnam, all well within the memory of thousands of living veterans who did not spend their military years serving in the motor pool, were fought in large part with the semi automatic Garand, similar to the AR-15.

The English longbow used to be used in warfare too.

MontereyJack wrote:
the 2nd amendment, so thoroughly misunderstood by rightists today.

You cannot demonstrate any such misunderstanding.
MontereyJack

Reply Fri 30 Aug, 2019 12:20 am
@oralloy,
Al right, there you hve a perfect example of something untrue you have repeated over and over for years, and it's stil untrue. No one is trying to bsn pistol grips on rifles, they re want to ban a group of rifles, some of which have pisto grips, some of which do not. Ban the RIFLES, not the grips. It was silly the first time you propounded it, it's even sillier the 50th time, or so it seems countwise. . And I might add, another federal court of appeals just let a ban on assault-style weapons stand as constitutional, and nowhere did it mention pistol grips being banned. You're trying to foist your fantasy on the rest of us and it is not working, nor is it working on the courts.
MontereyJack

Reply Fri 30 Aug, 2019 12:23 am
@oralloy,
So semi auto rifles are clearly weapons of war.