Guns: how much longer will it take ....

snood

Reply Mon 26 Aug, 2019 04:00 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

About a hundred years ago, my great uncle was shot and fatally wounded by a corrupt sheriff who was trying to steal his horses.

My great uncle responded to being shot by going and getting his shotgun, and firing a 12 gauge slug into the back of the sheriff's head.

The county was pretty upset about it. To this day the the local paper in that area still runs an occasional article about their poor precious dead sheriff.

My entire extended family is pretty proud of my great uncle. We recently had "the shotgun" restored in fact. It's an important family heirloom.

I’m just an old skeptic. I tell you I’m even a little ashamed of just how much that whole story smacks to me of some contrived, wholesale BS.

But luckily, my shameful skepticism and rash impudence in calling utter unadulterated BS on your story from your treasured family history can be easily silenced. Since, as you say, there have been multiple times your great uncle’s derring-do was chronicled in the local paper, and it is such a beloved story in your family. it would be easy as pie for you to produce proof of it.

If it is true.
So, go on and prove once again how wrong some like me are, constantly thinking and saying how full of crap you are.

Show us some proof of that fantastic story.
hightor

Reply Mon 26 Aug, 2019 05:13 am
@snood,
And if the ridiculous story is based on fact, it's likely been edited and enriched over time to appear more significant than it really was. Like Sen. Warren's "Native American" heritage — you want to exercise caution when trying to pass off family legends as factual history.

The way I heard it was that the sheriff was mortally wounded when shot in the back but managed to kill his attacker before dying.
snood

Reply Mon 26 Aug, 2019 05:46 am
@hightor,
You’ve heard this before? From where, if I can ask?
hightor

Reply Mon 26 Aug, 2019 06:05 am
@snood,
Must've been from one of those "occasional articles". <snort>
oralloy

Reply Mon 26 Aug, 2019 06:12 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
Good advice for the families of Eric Garner and of Trayvon Martin, you think?

No I don't think that.

Eric Garner died of injuries that he sustained while resisting arrest.

Trayvon Martin was killed in self defense while trying to murder the captain of the neighborhood watch.
oralloy

Reply Mon 26 Aug, 2019 06:13 am
@snood,
snood wrote:
I'm just an old skeptic. I tell you I'm even a little ashamed of just how much that whole story smacks to me of some contrived, wholesale BS.

You should be ashamed.

snood wrote:
it would be easy as pie for you to produce proof of it.

True. But that would give you a bit more personal information about me than I'm comfortable with.

I find leftists creepy, and I don't like telling them personal details about myself. That's why you always hear me telling leftists to mind their own business.

snood wrote:
Show us some proof of that fantastic story.

No.
snood

Reply Mon 26 Aug, 2019 06:13 am
@hightor,
Just to be clear: You’ve seen accounts of an incident similar to what Oralloy is claiming as family history?
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 26 Aug, 2019 06:14 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
And if the ridiculous story

You don't believe that a 12 gauge slug through the brain is likely to be lethal?

hightor wrote:
is based on fact, it's likely been edited and enriched over time to appear more significant than it really was.

I'm not sure how someone could exaggerate the significance of a family member being murdered.

hightor wrote:
The way I heard it was that the sheriff was mortally wounded when shot in the back but managed to kill his attacker before dying.

Shot in the back of the head. The sheriff didn't do anything once his brains were splattered all over the front yard.

They should have planted a garden there. I bet his brains would have made good fertilizer.
snood

Reply Mon 26 Aug, 2019 06:18 am
@oralloy,
You’re so transparent. If you truly had this in your family history, you’d want to show it and crow about it ad nauseum. You say “leftists” are creepy, but you brought this fable into the discussion, not “leftists”. So much even creepier is the fact that you made the whole thing up.
oralloy

Reply Mon 26 Aug, 2019 06:23 am
@snood,
Leftists are like some retarded man who walks up to you and starts rummaging around in your pockets while making weird animal noises.

Mind your own business.
snood

Reply Mon 26 Aug, 2019 07:16 am
@oralloy,
You made it our business by bringing it up. But that’s okay Oralloy, we all know it’s much easier to point fingers and make accusations than admit being caught in a lie.

Reminds me of another liar - posing as a national leader.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 26 Aug, 2019 07:18 am
@snood,
Why would you want to ruin O's fambly history by trying to dig up facts?

You should know by now facts are anathema to O's mindset!
bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 26 Aug, 2019 07:23 am
@oralloy,
Eric Garner died of injuries that he sustained while resisting arrest for selling single cigarettes.

Trayvon Martin was murdered by the captain of an imaginary neighborhood watch. Much the way a sheriff was murdered by being shot from behind by a horse-thief while confiscating the evidence,
bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 26 Aug, 2019 07:25 am
@oralloy,
I bet his brains would have made good fertilizer.

Funny how selective your law and order bend is.
Glennn

Reply Mon 26 Aug, 2019 07:33 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
The point is: alcohol abuse tend to kill those drinking it

Uh huh. Sure. When they crash their car into another car, angels protect the people in the other car.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 26 Aug, 2019 07:42 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

What matters is that people ARE killed. And despite other methods of killing being available, guns are year after year the preferred method of preventable killing. You go after the obvious problem. Duh. Which doesn't mean yhou ignore other methods of killing. You work on preventing them too. Double duh.

Pretty sure guns are pretty far down that list. I assume "preventable killings" is the same as preventable deaths"? Otherwise, wouldn't all killings be preventable?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 26 Aug, 2019 07:44 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

If you don't get support from moderates like me, don't expect to get any new gun laws.

To be fair, you are not a moderate where gun laws are concerned.
oralloy

Reply Mon 26 Aug, 2019 08:11 am
@McGentrix,
Actually I am. And if they don't have my support, they certainly aren't going to get any support from the hardliners.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 26 Aug, 2019 08:12 am
@snood,
snood wrote:
You made it our business by bringing it up.

Nope. I didn't invite you to try to snoop into my personal life.

So mind your own business.

snood wrote:
But that’s okay Oralloy, we all know it's much easier to point fingers and make accusations than admit being caught in a lie.

You cannot point out anything that I've said that is untrue.
oralloy

Reply Mon 26 Aug, 2019 08:13 am
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:
You should know by now facts are anathema to O's mindset!

You cannot point out anything that I've said that is untrue.
0 Replies