Guns: how much longer will it take ....

farmerman

Reply Sat 24 Aug, 2019 03:34 pm
@oralloy,
so, by your omission of extension, you have just agreed with our "lethality" comparison.
I thank you .

next
Sturgis

Reply Sat 24 Aug, 2019 03:34 pm
@oralloy,
Wouldn't that 'lack ' of credibility also apply to you? You often have made outlandish claims with no proof of any type.

...before you cackle, NO, I am not going to sift through your thousands of worthless posts. You know the truth, maybe it's time you tried honesty. (although that would be an insult to your exalted leader)
farmerman

Reply Sat 24 Aug, 2019 03:38 pm
@McGentrix,
you should pay closer attention. heres what oral said

Quote:
Semi-auto rifles do not cause casualties much faster than than lever- or pump-action rifles

(rate) of fire X mag capacity = delivery of lethal ammo per unit time no? are we missing something of which you are aware ??

McGentrix

Reply Sat 24 Aug, 2019 03:45 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

you should pay closer attention. heres what oral said

Quote:
Semi-auto rifles do not cause casualties much faster than than lever- or pump-action rifles

(rate) of fire X mag capacity = delivery of lethal ammo per unit time no? are we missing something of which you are aware ??

Rate of fire and rate of casualty is not the same thing and you know that (I hope, never suspected you were stupid). This is why snipers don't use M249's in the service.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 24 Aug, 2019 03:48 pm
@McGentrix,
Trying to expand the list of guns that need to be banned? Fine with me.
oralloy

Reply Sat 24 Aug, 2019 03:56 pm
@edgarblythe,
This is why we need to keep voting for Mr. Trump.

Leftists want to violate our civil liberties for fun.

Mr. Trump protects us from the left.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 24 Aug, 2019 03:57 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
so, by your omission of extension, you have just agreed with our "lethality" comparison.

No. Semi-auto rifles are not noticeably more lethal than lever- or pump-action rifles.
oralloy

Reply Sat 24 Aug, 2019 04:02 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:
Wouldn't that 'lack ' of credibility also apply to you?

Only if I failed to provide a cite when someone requested it.

Sturgis wrote:
You often have made outlandish claims with no proof of any type.

I have always made it clear that I will provide cites upon request. And I have always done so.

Sturgis wrote:
...before you cackle, NO, I am not going to sift through your thousands of worthless posts.

Your failure to back up any of your claims is duly noted.

I expected nothing more of you. You never tell the truth, and you never back up your claims.

Sturgis wrote:
You know the truth,

Yes. The truth is that you are not capable of producing an intelligent argument, so you run around spouting personal attacks.

Sturgis wrote:
maybe it's time you tried honesty.

Says the person who cannot point out a single untrue thing that I've ever said.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 24 Aug, 2019 04:33 pm
@oralloy,
now youve changed your tune. On a single shot basis perhaps, but the overall lethality isnt based upon a single hot. Your argument are usually specious and I know you know that if youre as intelligent as you think you are.
oralloy

Reply Sat 24 Aug, 2019 04:48 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
now youve changed your tune.

No I haven't.

farmerman wrote:
On a single shot basis perhaps,

No. On a sustained aimed fire basis.

farmerman wrote:
Your argument are usually specious

Your failure to point out a single thing that I'm wrong about speaks for itself.

farmerman wrote:
and I know you know that if youre as intelligent as you think you are.

I am as smart as I think I am, and I know for a fact that everything that I say is true.

Which is why you are unable to point out anything that I'm wrong about.
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Sat 24 Aug, 2019 07:55 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
All of them

Riiiiight.
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Sat 24 Aug, 2019 08:03 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Why is school/mass shooting a particularly American problem?

How many school shootings in the last twenty years amounted to someone going into a school for the express purpose of shooting as many kids as possible?
Glennn

Reply Sat 24 Aug, 2019 08:16 pm
Minus the large capacity magazine, the AR-15 is a semiautomatic gun. Limit the magazine size, and no one should have any complaints unless they want to ban all semiautomatic guns.

So, who wants to ban all semiautomatic guns?
glitterbag

Reply Sat 24 Aug, 2019 08:55 pm
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:

Quote:
Why is school/mass shooting a particularly American problem?

How many school shootings in the last twenty years amounted to someone going into a school for the express purpose of shooting as many kids as possible?

I'm confused, did the school shootings occur because an impromptu gun safety tutorial go horribly wrong???
Glennn

Reply Sat 24 Aug, 2019 09:12 pm
@glitterbag,
How many school shootings have there been in the last 20 years?
Jewels Vern

Reply Sat 24 Aug, 2019 09:45 pm
You all need to gather some facts before you shoot off your mouths. Go to https://fee.org and search "school shootings".
Glennn

Reply Sat 24 Aug, 2019 09:53 pm
@Jewels Vern,
What do they say about it?
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 24 Aug, 2019 10:00 pm
@Glennn,
Well, first it would really help if you could explain which school shootings you suspect were done just to kill people and which ones you know were only tragically misunderstood flubs. Once the bullets start flying who knows what the shooters were hoping to achieve, maybe maximum numbers...or just protecting themselves from students. These distinctions are important because otherwise all the numbers would be combined and how awful it would be if people were incorrectly advised and came to devils advocate positions?
Glennn

Reply Sat 24 Aug, 2019 10:05 pm
@glitterbag,
Well I'll try one more time. How many school shooting have there been in the last 20 years?
glitterbag

Reply Sat 24 Aug, 2019 10:14 pm
@Jewels Vern,
Have you ever been shot?
0 Replies