52

Guns: how much longer will it take ....

-3  
Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2019 08:58 pm
@snood,
Their goal appears to have been to limit the firepower of long guns.

http://legislation.govt.nz/bill/government/2019/0125/latest/LMS181212.html

That is quite different from gun control advocates in America, who care only about violating people's civil liberties for fun.

McGentrix

-2  
Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2019 10:33 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

http://i.imgur.com/E8xVrvD.jpg

Very Happy Very Happy

Not sure I've seen that one before.

snood

4  
Reply Thu 11 Apr, 2019 05:01 am
Words. Are you just ******* insane? They are going to reduce the number of guns in their country that can fire a large amount of ammunition rapidly. That is what a ban on semiautomatic weapons is.

It takes a SPECIAL kind of fuckwitted folly to take the desire to limit the number of semiautomatic weapons and call it “wanting to limit my rights for fun”.

-3  
Reply Thu 11 Apr, 2019 11:57 am
@snood,
snood wrote:
Words. Are you just ******* insane?

No. I just like facts and civil liberties.

snood wrote:
They are going to reduce the number of guns in their country that can fire a large amount of ammunition rapidly.

Thus my summary of their new law as: "Their goal appears to have been to limit the firepower of long guns."

Note that their new law does not address handguns.

I am unsure of their existing laws regarding handguns however. I couldn't say whether or not people in New Zealand are allowed to have something like a 9mm Glock with a few 19 round magazines.

But whatever their existing rules for handguns are, this new law does not change them.

snood wrote:
That is what a ban on semiautomatic weapons is.

I don't know about that. The rate of fire of a semi-auto verses a pump or lever action is not all that different.

The real limits in the law are the restrictions on ammo capacity for long guns. The ban on semi-auto centerfire rifles is superfluous to that.

snood wrote:

I was describing gun control people in the US with that line of text. It was not directed at the people in New Zealand.

If the motive (of gun control in the US) for "trying to ban pistol grips on rifles" is anything other than the joy that leftists get from violating people's civil liberties, what is that alternative motivation?