Guns: how much longer will it take ....

oralloy

Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2019 08:58 pm
@snood,
Their goal appears to have been to limit the firepower of long guns.

http://legislation.govt.nz/bill/government/2019/0125/latest/LMS181212.html

That is quite different from gun control advocates in America, who care only about violating people's civil liberties for fun.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2019 10:33 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

http://i.imgur.com/E8xVrvD.jpg

Very Happy Very Happy

Not sure I've seen that one before.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 11 Apr, 2019 05:01 am
Words. Are you just ******* insane? They are going to reduce the number of guns in their country that can fire a large amount of ammunition rapidly. That is what a ban on semiautomatic weapons is.

It takes a SPECIAL kind of fuckwitted folly to take the desire to limit the number of semiautomatic weapons and call it “wanting to limit my rights for fun”.

oralloy

Reply Thu 11 Apr, 2019 11:57 am
@snood,
snood wrote:
Words. Are you just ******* insane?

No. I just like facts and civil liberties.

snood wrote:
They are going to reduce the number of guns in their country that can fire a large amount of ammunition rapidly.

Thus my summary of their new law as: "Their goal appears to have been to limit the firepower of long guns."

Note that their new law does not address handguns.

I am unsure of their existing laws regarding handguns however. I couldn't say whether or not people in New Zealand are allowed to have something like a 9mm Glock with a few 19 round magazines.

But whatever their existing rules for handguns are, this new law does not change them.

snood wrote:
That is what a ban on semiautomatic weapons is.

I don't know about that. The rate of fire of a semi-auto verses a pump or lever action is not all that different.

The real limits in the law are the restrictions on ammo capacity for long guns. The ban on semi-auto centerfire rifles is superfluous to that.

snood wrote:
It takes a SPECIAL kind of fuckwitted folly to take the desire to limit the number of semiautomatic weapons and call it “wanting to limit my rights for fun”.

I was describing gun control people in the US with that line of text. It was not directed at the people in New Zealand.

If the motive (of gun control in the US) for "trying to ban pistol grips on rifles" is anything other than the joy that leftists get from violating people's civil liberties, what is that alternative motivation?
farmerman

Reply Sat 1 Jun, 2019 04:12 am
@oralloy,
Another mass shooting. This time in Va Beach, a summer hangout for all kinds of folks including the military.
It was a "hybrid". The nut was armed with maxi clips for his auto-45 pistol and semi auto long guns with extended mags.

Apparently Nothing will come of it except truck loads of "hearts, prayers, and wishes" for the victims families. So much Bullshit and cowardice by the gun nut community, they will preach their rights but will never get involved in solving a major problem as this . They are always silent ,or else they argue silly pre-scripted crap like your
"Its all about pistol grips".

Itll be generational but I can guarantee that, because the unlimited gun rights "community" will not offer to join in a bi partisan solution today, when the time does arise that gun control is enacted, it will be an "in our face" overall mindless control , or something like Switzerland where, you can keep guns but must sign for ALL ammo.

Im a sportsman, a deep woods walker in my career, as well and a farmer who does varmint fox and coyote control, and Im engaged in long range target shooting , Id not like a law that gets abusively controlling but a law that deals with the accouterments of death and their availability as well as dealing with the pathology of gun death but does it in a well thought out way.

UK and much of Europe practice out and out limitation ven to sportsmen. Switzerland makes noise like its a free gun state but when you got nothing you can load into your gun and you need a real rason to acquire ammo, (otherwise you go to gaol)
farmerman

Reply Sat 1 Jun, 2019 04:16 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
No. I just like facts and civil liberties
Not relly, you havent thought anything out really well and dont seem to realize that being a mindless stone in the road will ultimately yield massive controls on your kids and grandkids who wont be abl to go hunting or own a gun for protection of the house .

oralloy

Reply Sat 1 Jun, 2019 04:44 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Not really,

Yes really. I like facts, and I like civil liberties.

farmerman wrote:
you havent thought anything out really well

Yes I have.

farmerman wrote:
and dont seem to realize that being a mindless stone in the road

I'm not being a mindless stone in the road.

farmerman wrote:
will ultimately yield massive controls on your kids and grandkids who wont be abl to go hunting or own a gun for protection of the house.

The leftist fantasy of violating everyone's civil liberties for fun will remain just that: a fantasy.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 1 Jun, 2019 04:46 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Apparently Nothing will come of it except truck loads of "hearts, prayers, and wishes" for the victims families.

I have no intention of offering any hearts, any prayers, or any wishes. If anyone wants something from me, they'll have to make do with my scorn and contempt.

farmerman wrote:
So much Bullshit and cowardice by the gun nut community,

Preventing freedom haters from violating people's civil liberties for fun is hardly cowardice.

farmerman wrote:
they will preach their rights but will never get involved in solving a major problem as this.

It's not like anyone else is trying to solve the problem either.

farmerman wrote:
They are always silent, or else they argue silly pre-scripted crap like your "Its all about pistol grips".

Only freedom haters think that facts are crap.

farmerman wrote:
Itll be generational but I can guarantee that, because the unlimited gun rights "community" will not offer to join in a bi partisan solution today,

Your characterization is dishonest. No one is arguing for unlimited rights. And it is the freedom haters who refuse all bipartisan compromise.

The pro-freedom side has always been willing to work with the other side so long as our rights are not being violated.

farmerman wrote:
when the time does arise that gun control is enacted, it will be an "in our face" overall mindless control , or something like Switzerland where, you can keep guns but must sign for ALL ammo.

That time is never going to come. It is just a silly freedom-hater fantasy.

farmerman wrote:
Id not like a law that gets abusively controlling but a law that deals with the accouterments of death and their availability as well as dealing with the pathology of gun death but does it in a well thought out way.

You say that, but your actions say otherwise. Every time someone stands up to the abusive controlling legislation that you pretend to oppose, you have a fit and subject them to abuse.

farmerman wrote:
UK and much of Europe practice out and out limitation ven to sportsmen. Switzerland makes noise like its a free gun state but when you got nothing you can load into your gun and you need a real rason to acquire ammo, (otherwise you go to gaol)

Europeans are serfs. Americans are free people with rights.
farmerman

Reply Sat 1 Jun, 2019 08:44 am
@oralloy,
to the victims?? you are a hard case
farmerman

Reply Sat 1 Jun, 2019 08:49 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
Only freedom haters think that facts are cra
teach your pony a few more tricks than just the one that you use as a mantra. You really are getting quite boring. Almost All mantras, with very few thoughts.
Litening to you pronounce how reasoned in fact you are is like listening to Trump announce that his inauguration parade was the best attended on site of any previous.
He, and you, plop the BS around like it were pancake batter
MontereyJack

Reply Sat 1 Jun, 2019 10:35 am
@oralloy,
sociopathy in action.
oralloy

Reply Sat 1 Jun, 2019 02:20 pm
@MontereyJack,
Spare me your phony outrage. All it does is make you look silly.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 1 Jun, 2019 02:21 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
teach your pony a few more tricks than just the one that you use as a mantra. You really are getting quite boring. Almost All mantras, with very few thoughts.

I intend to continue defending facts and civil liberties whether you like it or not.

farmerman wrote:
Litening to you pronounce how reasoned in fact you are is like listening to Trump announce that his inauguration parade was the best attended on site of any previous.

If you don't want people to set the record straight, then don't make false accusations about them.

farmerman wrote:
He, and you, plop the BS around like it were pancake batter

You cannot point out a single fact that I am wrong about.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 1 Jun, 2019 02:22 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
to the victims?? you are a hard case

I'm not in the mood for fake whining and phony outrage.
oralloy

Reply Sun 2 Jun, 2019 12:27 am
Obama is still crying about the thrashing that we gave him during the 2013 gun control debacle! Laughing

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/obama-gun-laws-dont-make-sense-843253/

http://thehill.com/homenews/news/446389-obama-calls-out-us-gun-laws-in-speech-they-dont-make-much-sense
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 2 Jun, 2019 05:01 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
I'm not in the mood for fake whining and phony outrage
Then you should stop it. I find you kind of a pedant with only one POV. A really intelligent person should be able to entertain two conflicting POV's at the same time. You seem to be unable to express one.

Oh well, carry on. I can always catch up on your latest rant.
oralloy

Reply Sun 2 Jun, 2019 05:19 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Then you should stop it.

Don't be so dishonest. I was not the person who was spouting phony outrage.

farmerman wrote:
I find you kind of a pedant with only one POV.

You are frustrated by people who will not allow you to violate their civil liberties.

farmerman wrote:
A really intelligent person should be able to entertain two conflicting POV's at the same time.

Not when one of those positions is intellectually bankrupt.

farmerman wrote:
You seem to be unable to express one.

I merely refuse to let you violate my civil liberties.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 2 Jun, 2019 06:52 am
@farmerman,
Oralloy's sociopathy has been pointed out before. He doesn't seem capable of normal human emotions, just fear, hate and obeisance. Normal human emotions like empathy and compassion would seem fake because they're beyond his comprehension.
coldjoint

Reply Sun 2 Jun, 2019 07:09 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Oralloy's sociopathy has been pointed out before.

So has your cowardice. What do you suggest we do about that?
snood

Reply Sun 2 Jun, 2019 08:18 am
@coldjoint,
Do?
From their comfy perches behind their keyboards, what do you imagine could anyone “do” about the sundry pathologies and defects of character that are belied by the postings on this board?

I’m sure if there existed some course of action besides attempting to engage in pointless dialogue with the likes of you and oralloy, someone would already have done it.