Guns: how much longer will it take ....

farmerman

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2019 06:40 pm
@oralloy,
part of the swmi auto ban included an inclusion of rimfire rifles (non semi auto) can now be used for hunting also. That .22 idea for squirrels is a good way to control their population via a good brunwick stew.
farmerman

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2019 06:49 pm
@farmerman,
semi auto shotguns are legal too. My bad, I just scanned the gun llaw changes in Pa. It seems that our hunters are more concerned about species conservation rather than blowin the **** out of (mostly) big gme animals. The assumtion was from data in a couple other states (dont know which) where the lodd and wounding of big gme had caused a population problem.
I believe its probably the same states that require "Guides" who set up the hunts that the dudes tke part in.
Like New ENgland Bear hunting is guided and done from DONUT BAIT STATIONS. NY has only one guided hunt game animal, Moosies.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Tue 5 Feb, 2019 02:22 am
@farmerman,
That is one of the few reasons I'd ever have for wanting to get back to the East coast occasionally....
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Tue 5 Feb, 2019 02:28 am
For firepower combined with heavyweight punch, I'd recommend one of those lever Marlin rifles chambered for 44mag or 45Colt. Eight or ten shots with the tubular feed and those 250gr bullets will pick up an extra 200-300 fps in the rifle barrel and still no noticeable recoil. That would suffice to stop anything you'd ever find in the Americas and most of what you'd ever find in Africa.
farmerman

Reply Tue 5 Feb, 2019 04:41 am
@gungasnake,
The Wildlife Control Officer who was the hero of "Wind River" had one of those in a 45-70'. It was a neat brush barrel that looked a bit thicker than off the shelf. The guy made some tremendous shots trying to protect another of the cast who was an FBI agent.
gungasnake

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2019 02:23 am
@farmerman,
The 45/70 will pretty much knock down anything but you don't need it for American game. You will feel recoil with the 45/70 and for anything more than 300gr bullets you pretty much need a muzzle brake. The tube on the 45/70 is only going to hold four or five shots, while hog hunters like to shoot hogs in bunches.
farmerman

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2019 06:33 pm
@gungasnake,
ever staked out for big bear?? I havent but Ive hunted for wild bor with a.50 cal pistol and still felt unarmed. "Knock down" is a relative term, Ive been told by experienced big game hunters that a big grizzly will attack you even if mortally wounded.

The hero of Wind River carried that calibre more as a brush load because mt lions are a stealth attacker and may start their attack through dense forest and you dont want that important shot to be the last thing you do because you didnt have enough separation distance.

Like Stormin Norman said
"It dont hurt to have your enemy massively outgunned"
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 10 Feb, 2019 05:09 am
I think Im a separate class of gun enthusiast. Im a hunter and varmint getter but I feel that our gun laws are entirely too much owned by the NRA and stretch the 2nd amendment to breaking. I endorse the right (remember its a right, not a privilege), to own a gun. However, there needs to be controls of the types and the means of selling guns to persons who should not have them. Certain rights, based on ones past criminal records, are surrendered , but not for guns.
Several states are slowly working on rules that will control ownership by certain individuals and of more military gun designs, and gun acquisition and sales.

For the most part I cant understand why gungas brain is wired the way it is, but he does seem to know what characteristics of weapons are so when he and I talk we limit the subjct to hunting , protection, amnd target hooting. I dont think Im going to discuss gun control with him unless challenged. Im for it and hes for a spiraling out of control 2nd Amendment. But I sure dont believe in just talking to people that only I agree with. Wheres the fun in that?

I appreciate your POV, for the most part I share it. However the decision on who I discuss stuff with is, of course, entirely mine

snood

Reply Sun 10 Feb, 2019 06:24 am
@farmerman,
You’re right, of course -about not letting anyone influence who you talk with. It’s just that I consider his and others’ level of sick-mindedness to be very serious. To me, talking with gunga about guns because it’s an area of his expertise is like gnoshing with Jeffrey Dahmer about effective meat tenderizing and flavoring.
farmerman

Reply Sun 10 Feb, 2019 06:48 am
@snood,
now thats a stretch Very Happy
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2019 03:17 pm
Quote:
Democrats Rush To Criminalize Gun Ownership

Quote:
As GOA’s Eric Pratt explained, with HR 8, Pelosi and her gun-hating cronies have crafted a “Universal Background Check” bill with dozens of trap doors that could, if enforced to the letter, put millions of gun owners in prison.

Sneaky aren't they?
http://conservativehq.com/node/29710
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2019 02:12 am
No-knock idea comes to a final end in Houston:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/crime-courts/houston-police-will-end-no-knock-warrants-after-deadly-drug-n973356?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma

Legally in the US and any other country whose legal system is based on Anglo-Saxon common law, a cop in the process of conducting a no-knock raid is fair game. This stupid **** should never have seen the light of day in the first place.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 22 Feb, 2019 04:30 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

The Wildlife Control Officer who was the hero of "Wind River" had one of those in a 45-70'. It was a neat brush barrel that looked a bit thicker than off the shelf. The guy made some tremendous shots trying to protect another of the cast who was an FBI agent.

Finally watched this, was a good flick.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2019 09:26 pm
https://scontent-dfw5-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/52474380_10218990542344057_4248975510589145088_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=0c4b76e040d3d0a0d6b8451c9f095e9c&oe=5D21F4C0
farmerman

Reply Mon 25 Feb, 2019 12:54 pm
@gungasnake,
they are also importing spotted lantern flies to decimate our strawberry crops thus breaking don the E?W railroad networks from Calif to NYC.

Its a goddam plot against the "free Exchange" clause of the First Amendment.
farmerman

Reply Mon 25 Feb, 2019 12:55 pm
@farmerman,
ALSO wayy back in 1925 my great grandfather predicted the Sinking of the Lusitania
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Mon 25 Feb, 2019 03:13 pm
Trump has advanced the removal of guns from citizens with his national emergency b s. The next liberal president can just declare a national gun emergency. Now I hope the S C agrees with Trump that any president can declare a national emergency for any reason. We've needed a king for years so billionaires can become real dukes and duchesses.
oralloy

Reply Mon 25 Feb, 2019 03:27 pm
@RABEL222,
I realize that the left would really love to violate people's civil liberties for fun. But no. The courts are not going to allow them to do that.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Mon 25 Feb, 2019 03:50 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
Trump has advanced the removal of guns from citizens with his national emergency b s.

Only opportunistic leftists would see this as an excuse to violate US citizens Rights.

Quote:
The next liberal president can just declare a national gun emergency.

I'd like to see that happen, it won't.

Quote:
Now I hope the S C agrees with Trump that any president can declare a national emergency for any reason.

He declared the same type of emergency at the border that just about every President has declared. The difference is Trump is trying to solve the problem now instead of kicking the can down the road, like every other President.

Another difference is that his emergency doesn't infringe on the rights of American citizens, it infringes on the imaginary rights of illegal immigrants.

MontereyJack

Reply Wed 27 Feb, 2019 02:18 pm
@Baldimo,
Another difference is that his reasonss dont really existt.ence
0 Replies