Guns: how much longer will it take ....

oralloy

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2018 04:45 pm
@camlok,
camlok wrote:
Then oralloy quotes part of the study that shows he is a liar.
No part of that study contradicted my points in any way.

camlok wrote:
He has shown in other threads that he has also fled from that he is a liar, not to mention that he is woefully ignorant on the topics he discusses in both the science and the facts and he won't even address his own nonsense, preferring, to do what he always does, flee.
The only liar in the thread is you. Your words here are just more of your lies.
camlok

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2018 04:49 pm
@oralloy,
Another ... what's this, the 1,892,456th no evidence oralloy post?

Also zero rational discussion to illustrate your always lame remonstrances - "No part of that study contradicted my points in any way."

All foot stamping oralloy "evidence".
oralloy

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2018 05:02 pm
@camlok,
You posted something that didn't contradict me in any way, and then you misrepresented it as as contradicting me.

It is perfectly reasonable for me to point out the reality that your cite does not contradict me as you erroneously claimed.
camlok

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2018 06:22 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy just saying something and expecting it to be believed is as useless as Trump just saying something and expecting it to be believed.

No evidence, no rational discussion of the source material. This is just like you in the thread you fled from.
oralloy

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2018 06:44 pm
@camlok,
I provided rational discussion of the source material.

I pointed out the reality that what you cited did not contradict my points in any way.
camlok

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2018 06:46 pm
@oralloy,
No evidence, zero rational discussion, oralloy. Just a cloud of Cheetos dust.
oralloy

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2018 07:05 pm
@camlok,
You're lying about me again. I provided rational discussion.
camlok

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2018 07:07 pm
@oralloy,
You can't even provide rational discussion to show you aren't a liar. Discuss the scientific study.

Ha ha, just joking, oralloy, science ain't your bag, neither are the facts, or the truth.
oralloy

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2018 07:11 pm
@camlok,
Your lies about me show only that you are a liar.
camlok

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2018 09:08 pm
@oralloy,
So then I said to oralloy, "Discuss the scientific study".

Isn't that a real hoot, oralloy, you discussing science?
izzythepush

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2018 10:33 am
Quote:
There were "multiple fatalities" in a shooting at an aid distribution centre in the US state of Maryland, local officials say.

The shooting happened on Thursday morning in the Perryman area, Harford County, about 40km (25 miles) north-east of Baltimore.

A number of people were injured. A suspect is now in custody.

The Harford County Sheriff's Office described the situation as "fluid", urging residents to avoid the area.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-45594239
coldjoint

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2018 10:40 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
There were "multiple fatalities"

Sweet of you to care so much while you care so little for the children abused in your country. More garbage from somebody up to their neck in it.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2018 10:56 am
@coldjoint,
In the USA, a GOP senator (Sen. Dean Heller), shrugs off accusations of rape as a "little hiccup" ...
izzythepush

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2018 11:04 am
Can't say I'm surprised.

Quote:
A Texas man who has played a central role in making 3D-printed weapons available has been charged with sexually assaulting an underage girl.

A warrant was issued for Cody Wilson but he flew to Taiwan before he could be detained, police in Austin said.

A 16-year-old girl alleged she was paid $500 (£380) to have sex with Mr Wilson at an Austin hotel, they said.

Mr Wilson has been at the centre of a legal battle over publishing blueprints that instruct people on making a gun.

Mr Wilson has not yet commented on the case and no lawyer has yet issued a statement.

Austin Police Commander Troy Officer told a press briefing that a counsellor who had spoken to the girl informed police on 22 August that "that a juvenile female under the age of 17 had reported having sexual contact with a 30-year-old male".

The legal age of consent in Texas is 17.

Commander Officer said the girl met Mr Wilson through the sugardaddymeet.com website and had sex with him in a hotel on 15 August.

Police confirmed the girl's story through "videotape and interviews", he said.

The alleged crime is punishable by up to 20 years in prison.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-45584598
Baldimo

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2018 11:08 am
@izzythepush,
So she had signed herself up for an adult dating website? Most of these sites have confirmation that you are of legal age, does that mean she lied to hook up with older men who would bye her things? Sounds like a setup.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2018 12:35 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
In the USA, a GOP senator (Sen. Dean Heller), shrugs off accusations of rape as a "little hiccup" ...

And that has what to do with Izzy spouting his usual garbage?
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2018 07:50 am
@camlok,
camlok wrote:
Isn't that a real hoot, oralloy, you discussing science?
I certainly enjoy it.

Science deniers never find it much fun when I discuss it though.
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2018 09:49 am
@oralloy,
Quote oralloy:
Quote:
This media reporting is likely the cause of subsequent massacres. If you want these massacres to end, it would be useful to focus on the actual cause.

So your solution to massacres with AR-15 style weapons is to prevent media coverage of them, because reporting the news only encourages more news stories?

Perhaps you mean to censor only coverage of gun massacres that puts guns in a bad light. Maybe you can set up a governmental bureau that reviews media coverage of gun massacres and pursues criminal charges of media outlets that make reports the bureau considers unfair to gun manufacturers and advocates? Wayne LaPierre and the Federalist Society can submit a list of names from which the appointments to the bureau will be made.
Baldimo

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2018 10:58 am
@Blickers,
The problem is the media only focus on the guns when it is an AR-15. When there is a mass shooting, like the one at the Texas high school, and there is no AR-15 insight, the media spends very little time on the weapon used and this also shortens the amount of time they will spend on the story in total. So one high school shooting will get weeks or months of coverage: FL, and another will get days of coverage: TX, all because of the gun used and the way they "glamorize" the event.

There was an article written a few months ago that was based on an article that was written in 2015, that talked about the mass shooting crimes in the US being like a slow motion riot. The theory on riots says that there are people who have different thresholds for what will make them take part in a riot. The original article appeared in the New Yorker but the summary in the 2nd link is shorter and more to the point.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2015/10/19/thresholds-of-violence

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/why-do-mass-shootings-happen-best-explanation/

In short, the media does indeed "feed the beast" of mass shootings.
oralloy

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2018 05:03 pm
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:
So your solution to massacres with AR-15 style weapons is to prevent media coverage of them, because reporting the news only encourages more news stories?
Whether an AR-15 is used is irrelevant.

Widespread news coverage of massacres encourages more massacres.

Blickers wrote:
Perhaps you mean to censor only coverage of gun massacres that puts guns in a bad light.
There is no such distinction. The left will use any massacre as an excuse for trying to violate civil rights.