Guns: how much longer will it take ....

camlok

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2018 02:51 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy perfect nonsense.
oralloy

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2018 03:03 pm
@camlok,
Your dislike of reality doesn't make it nonsense.
camlok

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2018 03:05 pm
@oralloy,
How can you see the keyboard thru that huge, thick cloud of Cheetos dust?
oralloy

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2018 03:09 pm
@camlok,
I'm not looking through any dust.
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2018 10:38 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
Switching from gun deaths to knife deaths is pointless. The victims are just as dead either way.
You obviously didn't look at the comparative homicide rates. The US was around 4-5 times that of Australia.

Most of the knife deaths in Australia would be domestic related. Whether there are guns or knives in a house, the easiest weapon to hand may be picked up in a heated argument - so if the argument is anywhere near the kitchen, a knife is just so easy to obtain. From that perspective, you are right, dead by gun or knife doesn't matter.

The difference comes in street deaths, mass shooting deaths, mentally ill murderers, and possibly the number of drug related deaths.

I think gungasnake said he considered the price worth it. I can't say I agree, but at least it is a straightforward opinion.
camlok

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2018 10:41 pm
@vikorr,
oralloy never looks at anything that conflicts with his narrow little world view, vikorr.

Do you know anyone like that?
vikorr

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2018 10:45 pm
@camlok,
You really do carry a grudge don't you Rolling Eyes
camlok

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2018 10:51 pm
@vikorr,
You really don't see your own hypocrisy, do you?

I just happen to think that the truth is really really important and those that abuse the truth need to be called on that.

When one takes part in public discussion, they really ought to consider getting their act together.
vikorr

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2018 11:00 pm
@camlok,
There's little I could say that you would believe, so why would I bother replying to your accusations? You follow me around making them, what has it been, 15, 20, 25 now? That behaviour is a reflection of how much of a grudge you carry. It rather resembles stalking.

Very few people bother replying to you, because you endlessly barrage threads.

When you eventually get yourself banned again, it won't be because of a conspiracy - it will be because of your behaviour.
camlok

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2018 11:05 pm
@vikorr,
Quote:
so why would I bother replying to your accusations?

That has been your excuse, now you call it accusations.

Quote:
You follow me around

Notice that I was in the thread, discussing with oralloy. You engage in public discussion, you really ought not to so readily expose your faults.

Carry on.

vikorr

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2018 11:08 pm
@camlok,
Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

camlok

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2018 04:21 am
@vikorr,
Quote:
When you eventually get yourself banned again,

That is the fundamental difference between you and me.

I would never want to see you banned. I believe in free speech, even your dishonest free speech. Folks who are dishonest, hypocrites, underhanded will always show themselves up.
vikorr

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2018 02:44 pm
@camlok,
I'm all for free speech - I'm not for ugly behaviour. Most people here on the boards that have read much of my posts know that.

There are people I disagree with almost completely on subjects who I like to see on the boards.... but they don't engage in all of the following: fixated behaviours, disrespectfully off-topic behaviour, and continuous repetition of the same things in multiple threads at the first opportunity, etc.

My opinion is that you cannot see the flaws in your own belief system, which leads to your uglier behaviours. It's why you call so many people liars, dishonest etc. The only common denominator, is you.

Your 9-11 theory might be right - I very highly doubt it, but it might be (this is not an invitation to discuss it) - and it deserves it's place on these boards (in it's own thread). I see too many flaws with answers that don't satisfy me. Instead of accepting that, you go on a vendetta, following me around, calling me a liar, dishonest, hypocrite etc. over and over, through multiple threads, even when I'm not addressing you. You can have your opinion...but the over & over behaviour though, through multiple threads, when I'm not even addressing you - is the behaviour of a person who is disturbed. It's not normal, and you don't see anyone else on the board engaging in such behaviour.

In any event, I don't control whether or not you get kicked off the board, and I've never reported you. The point is, that when you do get yourself kicked off the board, it will be over your behaviour. I mention this, because you apparently believe you were previously banned because of 'what you said', rather than how you conduct yourself.

It seems apparent to me, that it was because of how you conduct yourself, if your behaviour then, was the same as now. The moderators here are very tolerant, and it's always about conduct from what I've seen (or vicious or ongoing personal attacks, which are a form of conduct anyway)
camlok

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2018 05:19 pm
@vikorr,
Quote:
I see too many flaws with answers that don't satisfy me.

That is solely because you ARE patently dishonest. So dishonest that you drone on and on with your lame explanations never once addressing the actual subject, facts, science.

Ugly behavior is being a liar, being dishonest, being duplicitous, ... .

You must note that you have never provided any evidence for the nonsense you pretend to believe, but yet you have the dishonesty to suggest that "you", a total non expert, ignorant of both the science and the facts, "see flaws".

You simply are scared silly, hence this long song and dance routine.

Again, Wayne Dyer has you nailed,

The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2018 06:16 pm
@vikorr,
You tried, we all have at least once over the last 10 years, Camlok used to go by JTT but changed their name thinking no one would recognize the consistent subject matter. You've seen the depths of the insanity, stop swimming in the deep end.
vikorr

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2018 01:59 am
@Baldimo,
Oh I agree - that's why I don't reply to any of his nonsense regarding 9-11. The reason for the post was to specifically point out his ugly behaviour - so he couldn't claim any future ban was because of his subject matter.

Though you're probably right - even doing that may not been worth it.
camlok

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2018 08:40 am
@vikorr,
Quote:
The reason for the post was to specifically point

out what intellectual cowards you, living lava, bsldimo, ... are.
0 Replies

revelette1

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2018 10:21 am
Quote:
Using a jarring image to blast increased diversity on a children's TV show, a National Rifle Association online show depicted characters from "Thomas & Friends" in white, Ku Klux Klan-style hoods on burning train tracks.

Host of NRA TV's "Relentless," Dana Loesch went after the classic children's character Thomas The Tank Engine after its maker, Mattel, joined forces with the United Nations in efforts to increase gender diversity and representation on the program and include new characters from around the globe.

Loesch, a conservative spokeswomen for the gun rights group, specifically called out one new character – Nia, a steam engine from Kenya.

USA TODAY

How in the world is the above the new norm?
camlok

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2018 10:31 am
@revelette1,
Quote:
How in the world is the above the new norm?

This kind of thing has always been a USA norm, rev.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2018 10:37 am
@revelette1,
Also from the article:
Quote:
"That's where it gets really strange to me," Loesch says on Friday's episode. "Am I to understand this entire time that Thomas and his trains were white? Because they all have gray faces. How do you bring ethnic diversity? I mean they had to paint what I guess they thought was some sort of African pattern on the side of Nia's engine."

The program cut to an image with three trains wearing white hoods and tracks on fire. "Fair, I get it," Loesch sarcastically says. "Thomas the Tank Engine has been a blight on race relations for far too long. Clearly this is overdue."

Capitalism is only good when it pushes for diversity? How much money is this company going to make for this new "international" outreach? It has nothing to do with diversity and everything to do with making money, I just wish the UN and the rest were honest about all of this.