Guns: how much longer will it take ....

Baldimo

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2018 12:21 pm
@izzythepush,
Liberal DNC candidate who ran on a gun control platform saying:
Quote:
In an interview, Collins said, “The GOP is targeting all women, minorities, members of the LGBT community and disabled people as lesser sections of society and you can see it in the bills they have passed and are attempting to pass so far in 2017.”

She was arrested for the shooting death of her campaign Treasurer....

http://thefederalist.com/2018/08/13/former-gun-control-candidate-charged-shooting-campaign-treasurer/
camlok

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2018 05:39 pm
@Baldimo,
Do you have a point, Baldimo?
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2018 07:34 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
NRA Says it Is Facing a Financial Crisis
That's OK. The courts will make New York state taxpayers give tons of money to the NRA.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2018 07:35 am
@vikorr,
vikorr wrote:
The situations you described as stopped, almost never happen in Australia. Most gun violence is otherwise domestic, or between drug users / dealers / bikies.
As I recall, when Australia abolished freedom the result was a massive increase in armed and unarmed robbery rates for the next five years.
oralloy

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2018 07:37 am
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:
She has NO business there, yet because of free speech, she's allowed to meander about with an assault rifle. This has nothing to do with a 2nd Amendment right, and every thing to do with people thinking they can shove their opinions down people's throats.
What's wrong with getting in the faces of people who want to violate our rights?
camlok

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2018 08:59 am
@oralloy,
As you, a noted fabricator of immense proportions recalls.

Big phuckin' deal!
oralloy

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2018 09:35 am
@camlok,
camlok wrote:
As you, a noted fabricator of immense proportions recalls.
You cannot show a single falsehood on my part.

camlok wrote:
Big phuckin' deal!
A huge crime spree is relevant in a discussion about crime rates.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2018 11:22 am
@oralloy,
Your recall is faulty. Theire was a misest increase, not massive, for five years. til they got guns off the street and in the ten plus years since then crime has dropped ste as dilyvwell below the levell pre ban.
coldjoint

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2018 11:29 am
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
dropped ste as dilyvwell below the levell pre ban.

Is oralloy compensated in any way for translating what you post? He should be.
MontereyJack

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2018 12:40 pm
@coldjoint,
dropped steadily well below. My typing on my phone sucks but my content makes far more sense than yours.
camlok

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2018 12:41 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
... but my content makes far more sense than yours.

That it does, MJ, that it does!!!
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2018 04:53 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
As I recall, when Australia abolished freedom the result was a massive increase in armed and unarmed robbery rates for the next five years.

Form Homicides, refer to the charts at the bottom of the article, they're interactive, without a link.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-04-28/fact-check-gun-homicides-and-suicides-john-howard-port-arthur/7254880

This is the article link. And this is the chart from that article that you were probably thinking of for robberies
https://aic.gov.au/sites/default/files/publications/tandi/images/359-figure_04.png

This article has a chart comparing US, UK, Australia, and Sweden's homicide rate history

There's plenty more articles out there. People can look and make up their own mind what sort of environment they'd rather live in - which is up to the individual.
Baldimo

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2018 06:04 pm
@vikorr,
This chart really doesn't show that much improvement since the early 90's, it shows a crime spike for a few years, but the drop after the increase looks to be about the same as prior to the spike... So it doesn't look like crime has gotten better since guns were banned.
vikorr

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2018 06:27 pm
@Baldimo,
As I said, people will get out of it what they want. For example, guns were never common on Australian streets anyway - so gun control was unlikely to have much bearing on robbery rates.

It is by the way, a chart for only one type of crime. The other charts (you have to go through the links), also show homicide rates. And there are other interesting charts that can be found.
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2018 06:54 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
What's wrong with getting in the faces of people who want to violate our rights?

I do worry about her mental instability to not open fire on an unarmed populace since common sense isn't on her agenda.
oralloy

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2018 01:54 pm
@neptuneblue,
There doesn't seem to be any cause for such worry.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2018 01:59 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
Your recall is faulty. There was a modest increase, not massive, for five years.
In my view, doubling the normal rates is far more than a modest increase.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2018 02:01 pm
@vikorr,
vikorr wrote:
Form Homicides, refer to the charts at the bottom of the article, they're interactive, without a link.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-04-28/fact-check-gun-homicides-and-suicides-john-howard-port-arthur/7254880
Switching from gun deaths to knife deaths is pointless. The victims are just as dead either way.

vikorr wrote:
This is the article link. And this is the chart from that article that you were probably thinking of for robberies
https://aic.gov.au/sites/default/files/publications/tandi/images/359-figure_04.png

This article has a chart comparing US, UK, Australia, and Sweden's homicide rate history

There's plenty more articles out there. People can look and make up their own mind what sort of environment they'd rather live in - which is up to the individual.
I'd rather live in a free country.

Even if abolishing freedom would save lives, I'd still want to be free.

The fact that abolishing your freedom didn't save any lives just makes your loss of freedom even more tragic.
camlok

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2018 02:04 pm
@oralloy,
Copying others facts and sources doesn't make your evidence free posts any better, oralloy.
oralloy

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2018 02:41 pm
@camlok,
camlok wrote:
Copying others facts and sources
Quoting each point that I am replying to is standard when addressing posts with multiple points.

camlok wrote:
your evidence free posts
Don't lie. I've always provided cites upon request.

camlok wrote:
any better, oralloy.
Can't improve on perfection.